Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
lol which is it the nautilus or the Atlantis? Because the airflow range between those two are very disparate. Anyway, the point isn't to have rda level airflow, it's to be able to still lung hit on an RTA while simultaneously achieving fantastic wicking and vibrant flavor, which is by no means an easy feat. IMO, the lemo drop is the first rta that has truly realized this vaping dream and it's just a bonus that it all happens to come for such an affordable price.

Which is what?

I was comparing "Modified" Lemo to Atlantis. But Lemo in stock form is closer to Moded Nautilus. Stock Nautilus has very little airflow.

Makes sense?

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I dunno, I really think the lemo and lemo drop come alive in regulated devices, because to get it to the point of resistance where it would really reach the right temp for the liquids flavor to taste the way it was meant to, you'd have to build it too low and then ur screwed all over again bc there isn't enough coil surface area to atomize a proper amount of liquid per Vape. IMO my lemo drop hits it's stride right around 5.2 volts with a .8 ohm 26 guage single coil wrapped around a 1/8 screwdriver. I'm gonna try out a higher guage wire with more wraps and see how that stacks up, but so far I'm seriously impressed with what I've been getting from this setup.
How many wraps are you doing to get .8 ohm?

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Nope!

Made the holes bigger and getting better airflow. Still no where near of Atlantis.

P.s.

Top fill is very easy with this tank. Just have to hold the glass down in place while filling the tank.

And i had to wash all the parts, there was a funny smell to it.

I tried top filling. Only thing I succeeded in making was a mess. :lol:
I have other devices so I'm not filling the tank up often- removing the fill hole screw doesn't faze me.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I dunno, I really think the lemo and lemo drop come alive in regulated devices, because to get it to the point of resistance where it would really reach the right temp for the liquids flavor to taste the way it was meant to, you'd have to build it too low and then ur screwed all over again bc there isn't enough coil surface area to atomize a proper amount of liquid per Vape. IMO my lemo drop hits it's stride right around 5.2 volts with a .8 ohm 26 guage single coil wrapped around a 1/8 screwdriver. I'm gonna try out a higher guage wire with more wraps and see how that stacks up, but so far I'm seriously impressed with what I've been getting from this setup.

Somehow this thread was deleted from threads I was following.

I have to agree with this. I've run a .7 ohm single coil 26g at 35w which rings in about 5.0v for a couple of weeks and the flavor/vapor shines with a warm but not too hot vape with a mixed combination of dough boy and apple pie by vapejoose.

It's damned good with a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

I got a compliment from a contracted electrician at work today when he walked by my office with the following comment. "What are you vaping? Everytime I walk by your office I get more hungry."

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TattooedSkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Las Vegas
I love my Lemo now. I prefer open air flow, so I've made the following changes: I drilled the 4 base holes to 7/64, and I drilled the 4 holes in the positive pin to 1/8, and left the the air flow ring off. As for the coil: I'm using a Clapton w/ 24g Kanthal core with 30g kanthal around. I did 6 wrap with I.D of 3mm, with a resistance of 0.7 Ohms. The device is a Siegeli 150w set to 46 watts.

I haven't had any dry hits or leaking from the tank using it in this configuration.

At the end of the day, I wish the Lemo had a little more air flow without having to modify it, but I enjoyed the project Regardless.

Last edited:

Vapey_McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Los Angeles
Fast Tech has authentic Lemo Drops for $30.69. That's the cheapest I was able to find. If you prefer not to use FT, VapeNW has the next best price I was able to find at $32.99.

I got mine off vaper company with free shipping for 33.99 - 8% using coupon code pegasus

Foot

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
United States
Looking for some help, hopefully someone can provide some assistance!

When I first got my Lemo Drop I was running ~1.5ohm at around 25W with great flavor and vapor production. More recently, I've found that anything above the 19.5-21W range is giving me dry hits. My wicking (as far as I know) is not too tight as to be choked by the coil, and I have my airflow completely open. Does anyone have any tips on the best builds/setups (including type/style of wicking, how open to set the airflow, etc.) for getting the most out of my Lemo Drop? Not sure why I started getting these dry hits, as I haven't changed anything about my builds, but any advice is appreciated! :)

Are you using the same liquid as before? A higher VG juice might be too think to wick properly at 25W. Most of my liquids are at least 50% VG, and the highest power I go without dry hits is 14.5W!

I'd be curious about builds too. I need to cover the feed holes with wick to prevent leaking when the Lemo is sideways, and I imagine this is why I have to stay under 15W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread