Entire package of 5 cartos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Interesting that I came up on this thread today. I just had the strangest experience with a Boge 2.0Ω that my wife was using. It was the first one that ever went completely dead on either of us. Usually we get them to last about 2 weeks before they get nasty tasting or just gunked up enough to toss. This one seemed completely dead after 1 day. I was able to get a wisp of vapor from it, but only by constantly hitting it for 10 seconds or so. It metered out at ~250Ω!!! Fractured (but not open) coil perhaps? Could it be that they switched to a sub-standard wire?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
. It metered out at ~250Ω!!! Fractured (but not open) coil perhaps? Could it be that they switched to a sub-standard wire?

Yup! Very high Ohms mean a partial break somewhere. Infinite Ohms = dead atty!

Got a trash can? :facepalm:

Don't know what it means, but duds happen... Nobody knows what those manufacturers use in their hardware. Sadly, QC and consistency are pretty much nonexistent over there.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
Well I am on my third group of cartos, all boge, and still having trouble with them. I must be a dud magnet.
Huh? What? So now I know what my problem with many cartos is - I'm a DUD MAGNET too! DOH!
But seriously, folks, I believe there is no real QC in those Chinese factories - just pump them out.

DeadLili

Oct 26, 2009
Georgia
I'm glad I saw this thread. I've had the same problem with my last 3 boxes of boge 2.0's...from 2 different vendors. A carto will last me about a day and then it's like somebody flipped a switch and they don't work. They seem clogged or just don't produce. I found myself wondering if it was engineered to fail. So... now I'm in search of new cartomizers. Which is a shame. I love those boge 2.0's.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
I'm glad I saw this thread. I've had the same problem with my last 3 boxes of boge 2.0's...from 2 different vendors. A carto will last me about a day and then it's like somebody flipped a switch and they don't work. They seem clogged or just don't produce. I found myself wondering if it was engineered to fail. So... now I'm in search of new cartomizers. Which is a shame. I love those boge 2.0's.

That's exactly what I am finding. They go great and then nothing. I hate to have to change, but it looks like I'll be searching as well :/

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Me too. I've heard about a bad batch of those. I'm curious if this is just a one-time thing... Boges are still my go-to cartomizers and I never, ever had a problem with them. The only 510 Boges that didn't work for me were the 1.5Ω ones--those puppies burned on contact. But all the other ones have been golden.

What a shame.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
JMHO folks, I believe it's just a QC thing - no consistency when they make cartos at the factory in China. I ordered 60 cartos (here's some real faith!) from MicroCig bulk website and I'm on the 4th one. Pretty decent. I get about 4 to 6 days out of them, then they gunk up. Dry burns will help extend them for another few days. I got the plain Jane 510 2 OHM regular length ones, CE-2. I just hit up MadVapes for 2 5-packs of CE-2 Clearos - one in 510 thread and the other in KR808D-1 thread. Will try them in the next few days - I believe MadVapes gets theirs from MicroCig too. I'll post results after I get to them, most likely next week - I'm still BURNING the NJOY NPRO 4081s right now.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I couldn't wait, so I popped the first (of 5) of the 808D-1 cartos on my 'Baby Puck' and it vapes nicely. But the darn thing has a hairline crack in the bottom, so I can't fill it all the way up with juice or it leaks. DOH! Still, I like the vapour - it's a 2,6 OHM being vaped at 3,7 Volts. Nice. O yea, and zerominusone - good for you! It sounds like you got a good supplier who backs up what they sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread