ERA - easy rebuildable atomzier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2011
Philippines
Bullet, only of it is the "BF" version. Otherwise it'll fit, and you can drip with it, but it won't feed. The juice feeds up through a hole in the center pin of the ERA. If there's no hole in the center pin, no juice can get through. Sorry.

this made me sad... a bottom fed mod and a non-bottom fed RBA.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I have an ERA (don't know the version number). I just made sure it was the BF version, and it fit's my grand just fine. It also feeds properly when I squonk. I think Jan is just trying to caution everyone to be sure its the BF version if they order one.

ETA: I ordered it from Indyvapor, and just checked my emails, but there's no mention of V1 or V2 or Vx, but it does specify "BF" Ordered in March of this year.

Last edited:

bullet

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2011
Philippines
Peeps, if you have the tools the drippers are easily modded to bf, I've done 3 now (will be doing a 4th this weekend)...I just thought that they made the drippers physically larger than the bf ver.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

any how-to please?
i have a dremel, will that work?
a vid would be nice too. :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have an ERA (don't know the version number). I just made sure it was the BF version, and it fit's my grand just fine. It also feeds properly when I squonk. I think Jan is just trying to caution everyone to be sure its the BF version if they order one.

ETA: I ordered it from Indyvapor, and just checked my emails, but there's no mention of V1 or V2 or Vx, but it does specify "BF" Ordered in March of this year.

Actually, I read a post by bullet it another thread and he said there wasn't a hole in the bottom of his center pin, so I was actually responding to that as well. Didn't mean to seem misleading. I knew from his description that he didn't have a BF.... :(

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
any how-to please?
i have a dremel, will that work?
a vid would be nice too. :)

Sure, I'll do a vid...I'm down at my cottage, so when you see my mini drill press on my kitchen table don't all be thinkin'...now there's a redneck, lol...

It's actually a pretty simple procedure, 1mm cobalt bit in a drill press (dremel isn't gonna do it unfortunately), remove the center pin grub screw and drill right down through the threaded post till your bit comes out the bottom, then lay the ERA on it's side and bore another hole through the center post right below the existing coil hole for the juice to come out...I've experimented with just skipping the perpendicular post hole, it works, juice trickles out of the coil leg hole but squonking is slow and laborious.

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Hey, Quig, were you ever able to figure out how to remove the entire positive post from the base of the ERA? I've got a couple where the insulation at the bottom of the positive post are melting and need to remove the post to reseat the correctly but can't figure out how to remove the post.

Turning the threaded connector turns to post down but then it just stops after several turns.

Jack

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
So I just spoke with Mel who USED to work for Budz Works. He said the the V2 was not made with the Reo in mind and not for the US market he also said to stay away from it because they have had LOTS of problems with it and LOTS of unhappy customers locally FWIW:)

this is what I was told when this ? came up before the V2 was not made for the Reo

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Hey, Quig, were you ever able to figure out how to remove the entire positive post from the base of the ERA? I've got a couple where the insulation at the bottom of the positive post are melting and need to remove the post to reseat the correctly but can't figure out how to remove the post.

Turning the threaded connector turns to post down but then it just stops after several turns.

Jack

Don't hold me to this as I have no idea which is which as far as versions go but on one of the true bf's I had to fix, the pin/post/insulator was just pressed in...it would stop firing after a couple vapes (drove me nuts)...the center post and insulator was slipping in the body...I finally used a drift, forced everything out of the body, crimped up the insulator with the teeth of a pair fine pliers and pressed it all back in...so far so good

On another note, my dripper ERA didn't show up in the mail today so no mod vid...however (and yes, I know this is off topic here...) my igo s2's showed up, I did one already and will vid the other and post a link in the igo thread...

zodduska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Illinois
I melted the insulator in my ERA.:oops: I looked through this thread for information on where i can get insulators for the era and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Anybody out there have info on where I might find what Im looking for? Any help is appriciated.

You could order a clone from hoosiervapes and just use the insulator from it.

I can't confirm it's the same as I don't own a genuine ERA but I'm guessing it is.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
Just bought an ERA top fed 1.5. Do I need a drip tip adapter or will a standard 510 drip tip work on this? What is a drip tip adapter? I have seen a couple used. I bought the titan mod V1.5 from vapeheadorigins and they show a drip tip adapter used with the atomizer attached. Any takers on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread