Evaporation ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi-ya fam',

I know this is a silly question, but hey... it's me, so I'll ask anyway! :blush:

Since I'm not able to 'do' flavors anymore, I find I'm filling 10 or 12 carto's with my menthol, and just letting them sit / resting for a day or three. (unplugged / uncovered)

Have you found there's any evaporation? Yikes, I'm so careful not to waste any of my all PG juice, so I'd hate to think it's evaporating into thin air after a few days of lounging around. ACK!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Sweetheart, why are you letting those cartos sit around uncapped?? :blink:

I too find that letting freshly-refilled cartos "rest" for a few days really helps make them "poifect" again, but I always re-cap them, AND replace the condoms on both ends.

IOW, yes, I do think you're letting good juice evaporate . . . but I could be wrong.:blink:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Yikes! I'm so glad I asked. (kittypie, at least we found out in our early stages, eh?) :oops:

I knew I needed my fab-u-lous e-family to give me a good swift kick in the tookus, telling me to protect that valuable juice! Hopefully I didn't waste to much, since I'm on the pacific coast, with low humidity. But still .... I wanna protect my valuable little cartokids! Time to get all the little babe's plugged up. (eeks, that didn't sound very healthy!) :facepalm:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Wintering if it's just a few days inside your air conditioned house...it's not a big deal. If these were sitting in your car parked outdoors in the summer heat or in your purse outdoors on a 100 degree day then they would dry out.

I've had cartos inside without caps for weeks if not a month and never noticed a dramatic difference. But I should also add the caveat we have the A/C on all summer so the house never gets above 72 degrees.

In any case for freshness sake, if you aren't using your cartos within a day it's a good idea to keep them capped.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Oh my... you wouldn't not wrap left over crapola meat loaf leftovers, but awesome ejuice that's getting ya off the nasty cigs? :D
No harm, no foul, ya got yer answer, wrap those rascals!

HEY!! I make a fantastic meatloaf! I bet even you would like it! (If I'm ever in the S.F. area again, I'll PM you and Wintering and make some for you guys to prove it! :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread