Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Well try not drinking cold beverages. Drink hot tea or hot lemonade with honey. I get terrible sinus infections that oft times end up in Bronchitis. Since I was a kid so I have a bunch of stuff that helps. Also try a spray like Cloraseptic. Menthol and Peppermint will help on the vapor end. I know this is cliche but chicken soup. All those warm and hot liquids clean your throat out of phelm. YUK.
May want to cut back on the vaping a little. I've been fighting off a sinus thing for weeks. So far so good. If you don't have a fever you most likely don't have a cold but allergies. There are things like Mountain Cedar where I live that blooms now and are killer for me.
Take care of it now and you can avoid worse like throat, sninus and God forbid bronchial crud.

tracilynnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
NY
Menthol liquids are quite soothing when your throat is irritated and your sinuses are angry. I very much recommend giving that a shot!

I agree 150% I was a menthol smoker and now like some menthol liquids and I can say since having two colds already this season and vaping during both that menthol saved me from going insane LOL.. I'd also like to point out that I couldn't smoke at all when sick before because it didn't matter how much menthol there was, the other stuff burned my throat something nasty...

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
I haven't been sick in over 6 years. Just started vaping a little over a month ago and quit the ciggies. I think I may have over done it on vaping though, I ran my sinuses dry and woke up with a cold the other day. I've been having hot/cold spells and can hardly swallow, so I eased off vaping a little (only once every hour or two). With all the water I drink, I'm surprised I got dehydrated, but now I know what to watch out for.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Yeah, I've got a pack of Halls that I've been working on steadily since this afternoon, but the vaping is still a no-go. I don't know if menthol juice would help, since I have none. All I've got is Halo Longhorn at 24mg strength, and that's probably the cause of the inability to vape with a sore throat. Every time I try, I get that raging tickle and it's hackhackhackhackhack.

Braddahbill

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2012
Hawaii
Believe or not you can still vape but don't inhale, just like smoking a cigar or pipe. I vaped just like that for a week and a half when I was sick without getting the nicotine withdrawals. I have read on the board that the nicotine particles in vape is absorbed by the lining of your mouth and sinus tissues more than in your lungs.

Dr. Phill

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
All I've got is Halo Longhorn at 24mg strength, and that's probably the cause of the inability to vape with a sore throat.

That there is MOST likely your problem. I have been very sensitive to Halo's juices, even made a thread about it. WAY WAY WAY too much PG for me to handle. The juice flavors are SO good too, the company is great as well, I just can't handle their juices. Move on to at least a 50/50 pg/vg blend and watch the results change for the better. That is of course just my opinion, as I was in the same situation.

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
So, on the advice of ECF folks in this here thread, I added a menthol flavor to my latest order, which is as follows:

Tribeca 30ml 24mg
2 packs of Low Resistance carts
Shamrock 7ml 24mg
Midnight Apple 7ml 24mg
G6 Carrying Case
Midnight Blue 78mm Manual battery
Cool Mist Menthol 7ml 24mg

Next month I see a Joye eGo-C and Mt. Baker Vapor liquids in my future.

LycanFury

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Croydon, Surrey, UK
It doesn't bother me, but I can't taste a dang thing!!! the last time i had one, I vaped all the stuff I really didn't love, but didn't dis-like enough to get rid of!!!

I went through that, no taste what so ever. I tried vaping but couldn't. didn't have any menthol flavors then. Will keep them in reserve this time. :). flavors like menthol, clove and peppermint should help, i did not try these but it seems to be a general opinion.

~LF

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Now, I only know of clove from the analog clove cigarettes -- but those I would absolutely not recommend when one has a cold or any kind of sick happening. Clove is some harsh, harsh melody to expect one's throat and lungs to keep time with.

That's just me, though, and that's from analog clove cigarette experience, so please do let us know how the vape version works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread