Evolv-ing Thread

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
beautiful-young-woman-drinking-hot-coffee-morning-restaurant-lifestyle-photo-girl-enjoying-her-morning-coffee-summe-66672953.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
samsung_wireless_soundbar_hw_j450_1515923776_fe5f05e3.jpg

A few days agoI found the bar leaning up against the wall next to one of our recycle dumpsters but the wireless sub woofer was not present as well as the remote.
Tonight when I arrived at work the sub woofer was sitting on my chair.
I ordered a new remote for it on Ebay for $12. It Works pretty good, I can picture myself getting into trouble with it.
Samsung HW-J450

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Anyone into these Baofeng radios? They are cheap enough on amazon to grab one to just play with but there is a ton of them and I have no clue which would be "better"? Not looking to spend more than $50-$60 max and would like to stay under $40. I know there are some more expensive and I'm sure they are "better" but this is just going to be more of a toy for me, I can always upgrade if I get hooked on it.

Been looking at these for a couple years now, like to listen to my police/fire dept scanner sometimes and have heard these pick up so much more and of course can be used as ham radio also. Back in the day I use to be into CB radio's, still remember my lic number. As a kid I remember my uncle had a ham radio and would talk to people all over the country, once in a while when conditions were right he'd pick up people from other countries, I was fascinated by it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009MAKWC0

61bsqXBOgHL._SL1365_.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I bought a pair of Baofengs, two different models, both VHF/UHF. They're not at the level of Yaesu or Kenwood but for basic communications and a fairly broad range receiver they aren't a bad deal at all. Keep in mind they can also be used on the GMRS frequencies for legal communications as well, which is handy. I downloaded a program to program them from the PC rather than button pushing, ad infinitum, and it makes it really easy to set them up.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I just created a "My Key" for my son's car restricting audio volume to 45% and speed to 75 miles an hour.
I was coming in from taking my wife to the trolley station when my apartment manager had a little talk with me about his car.
Not only does he pull into the parking lot late at night with the music blasting but he sits there for awhile with it going loudly.
Right behind the car is a fence and just a few feet on the other side is mobile homes with the bed rooms on that end.
It's not like I never said nothing to my son about it before. The mobile home park and my apartment building is the same owner. My son will not be able to park in our lot if it continues.
So that 45% of audio level is still too loud if you were to ask me.
My son knows nothing about the "My "key" as yet, too bad if he doesn't like, walk then.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So I posted a couple of days ago about installing Office 2010 on my Win10 laptop. Today I learn than Win10 included a stripped down Office suite.
Edit: My Win7 converted to Win10 desktop seems to be doing just fine.

Really? Interesting

Office 2010 is said to be compatible with Win 10. Failing that, there are a slew of other office suites that are free.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Back in the day I use to be into CB radio's, still remember my lic number.
XM4268896 Lonesome Charlie breaking and standing by. ;)

I ran an old Browning Sabre and a Rat Shack One Hander (all controls in the mic) until some ....... stole the mic. :glare:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I just created a "My Key" for my son's car restricting audio volume to 45% and speed to 75 miles an hour.
I was coming in from taking my wife to the trolley station when my apartment manager had a little talk with me about his car.
Not only does he pull into the parking lot late at night with the music blasting but he sits there for awhile with it going loudly.
Right behind the car is a fence and just a few feet on the other side is mobile homes with the bed rooms on that end.
It's not like I never said nothing to my son about it before. The mobile home park and my apartment building is the same owner. My son will not be able to park in our lot if it continues.
So that 45% of audio level is still too loud if you were to ask me.
My son knows nothing about the "My "key" as yet, too bad if he doesn't like, walk then.

Well Dad, all I can say is you don't need a radio to drive and if it was me that's what I'd be telling him. Maybe pull the radio, have it setting on the breakfast table when he comes down in the morning and explain how easy it is for Dad to pull it. ;)

Now I'll say, I was just like your son at those ages. :rolleyes: That probably has more to do with my ears ringing than the years of twisting wrenches.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
License? CB had that? Now OMA numbers for when the sunspots were roaring and I was a teen with a 1011 charlie I remember. Almost embarrassed to say this, but here goes. OMA3251 calling skipland skipland skipland. When I grew out of that I was KA0NZA and my first contact was Cali at about 7WPM with 2.5W into a dipole on a Heath hot water 8 with added DIY full break in relay of course. Anyone remember field day 1982? God called off field day early in 1982 due to a solar storm that made the HF bands go silent. It was eerie. Made contact with Jeff City via repeater on VHF to be sure we went going crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread