The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Evolv-ing Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KTMRider, Apr 4, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Most likely not FM dwcraig1. Bluetooth and/or WiFi is more common. Sometimes they may also have an AUX in connection for a wired.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Oh there is a tiny bit of latency. As the TX has to convert audio to frequency modulation. Then the RX has to convert it back to audio. But the delay is so little, you're probably won't even know it is there. It is far better than Bluetooth for sure though. Even better than BT aptX Low Latency which I do have. I think it is part of BT5 specs too. At least BT5 all seem to have it anyway.

Frequency Modulation.gif

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well my sound bar didn't work with the remote. It is the correct part number and using a camera that can see IR the remote appears to work.
    Maybe that's the reason that the previous owner disposed of it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    There is a 15 second delay with that model I hear before it will turn itself on (another person said 30-45 seconds after the TV is on). And it can only be turned on with the remote (or by the HDMI connection). And did you check the remote battery (CR2032)? Even though you can see the IR with a camera, if the battery is too low it might not function correctly.

Another person said after their iPhone was updated to iOS11, it stopped working by Bluetooth between the Samsung and the iPhone. Although once they updated the firmware on the soundbar too, then it was working once again.

Another person said theirs died after 1 year and 2 months.

It can connect to the TV by HDMI, Bluetooth, or optical cable it looks like. The woofer and the soundbar has their own power connections. And I don't think you can use the woofer without the soundbar. It is also supposed to turn itself on and off by the TV if you use the HDMI connection.

Hope something here helps, if you haven't been here yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-J450-Channel-Wireless-Soundbar/dp/B00TKPAWFO

• Like Like x 2
  5. dwcraig1

I've found that my new remote is not an OEM one but a 3rd party one, still might be the problem. It didn't come with a CR 2032 battery but I had a spare that read 3.272 volts and used that. I have used it so far only with BT via iPhone and laptop, it works well but I can't access the extra features.
    When I get home from work I'm going to try to program my TV's remote to it, if it will just turn it on/off that will let me know which device is bad.

6. dwcraig1

I have a Visio sound bar that makes this one seem like a toy but am unable to use it. It is so powerful and my wife can't be trusted to use it at proper volume levels so I have it disconnected. It only has one hour of use on it, too many complaints from the neighboring apartments.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  7. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I have three different models of Vizio wireless speakers. And the App works all the same I think. And there is a setting called something like TruSound. Sorry the Vizio wants to be difficult right now and won't let me in to check. I should return them maybe. But one setting stops it from blasting when you turn it on. And stops it from being played very loud.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    OMG! A virtual recreation of the Starship Enterprise D. Walk around and play with things you have no business playing with. Go to the shuttle bay and take a joyride in one of the shuttles. Play around with the tracker beam. See parts of the ship you have never seen before. Even fly the starship. Even visit the Borg if you like. Although they aren't really friendly. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Morning Coffee 452.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  11. dwcraig1

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    FM has a max dynamic range of 50db, or the equivalent of roughly 8 bits. With a frequency limitation of 15khz, this equates to a bitrate of approx. 480kbps. This is theoretically best scenario, reality will be lower.

Redbook CD is 1411kbps

BT Audio will be dependent on the codec used.

SBC, the default BT codec is 328kbps
    aptX 353kbps
    aptX HD 576 kbps
    Sony LDAC 990 kbps

There are other codecs but it is Sunday, my day of rest from looking up codec specs. Both aptX/HD and LDAP are licensed codecs and require both the transmitter and receiver to be equipped with the technology in order to take advantage of their capabilities. aptX HD headphones will work with default BT codec, but you will not be getting aptX HD quality.

FM is susceptible to interference, BT audio is susceptible to digital jitter. What sounds better – couldn’t tell ya. I like my headphones to be equipped with fancy wire made with copper that is so pure, it has more .9’s than pie has calculated digits.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    jeri ryan coffee.jpg
    In honor of BillW50 and wondering if things would include 7 of 9.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. dwcraig1

Well let me start off by saying that the new remote that I bought was not "styled", it is genuine Samsung.
    Next, against my better judgment and because I thought mine was just fine, I bought a new CR 2032 cell at CVS.
    The remote now works.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Say dwcraig1, ever since iOS 13.2 is your iPhone discharging on charge? :(

16. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Just like your experience awsum140 using regular backup drives for recording videos, my Fantom drive started out recording video 24/7. After about 6 months of this, I retired it to just a computer backup drive. And last night, it died. Luckily, my backup drive to my backup is still working. But now I have to get another backup backup drive. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. dwcraig1

No, at least not that I'm aware of. Occasionally when I plug in the cable it doesn't connect so no charging takes place.
    Pretty rare though.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. dwcraig1

Earlier tonight I used my point and shoot camera to look at the IR led on my new remote with new battery, what a difference between the bad battery and the new one. With the new battery it is super bright.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  20. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US