Feb 23, 2010
upload_2017-9-30_3-20-22-jpeg.689387

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Anyone disassemble a lost vape Triade 250C?
Did you ever get it apart? When I saw your post, I looked for a video or something of someone already who had done it. I couldn't find anything on the 250C. And now I am wondering if taking apart a Drone 250C is close enough? At least some of them are transparent and easier to see how they come apart.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Orion Plus $29.99 Buy Orion Plus DNA Kit - Lost Vape I Vape Hardware For Less I Breazy

Looks like a good selection still in stock :) Shipping to Canada is too expensive :( But free shipping in the States with $50 order :)
IDK why I'm obsessed with this stupid thing? Maybe cause it has a DNA? For $29.99 & a reasonable shipping rate, I'd buy one :)

I have 2 on order now thanks to you.:thumb: I'm obsessed too. The pod choices of what works with which Orion is what is driving me nuts though.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Did you ever get it apart? When I saw your post, I looked for a video or something of someone already who had done it. I couldn't find anything on the 250C. And now I am wondering if taking apart a Drone 250C is close enough? At least some of them are transparent and easier to see how they come apart.

No – did not get past what I wrote on that post. Suspect the front is 2 pieces, the first piece removed by the 2 top torx screws. No idea how to remove the second piece (the one with the carbon accents). I suspect it is fixed from behind, but can’t tell due to the lack of slack in the wiring.

From videos I’ve seen on the Drone and none C version Triade’s, they have a 1 piece face that is removed from the back once the battery caddy is removed.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
No – did not get past what I wrote on that post. Suspect the front is 2 pieces, the first piece removed by the 2 top torx screws. No idea how to remove the second piece (the one with the carbon accents). I suspect it is fixed from behind, but can’t tell due to the lack of slack in the wiring.

From videos I’ve seen on the Drone and none C version Triade’s, they have a 1 piece face that is removed from the back once the battery caddy is removed.

Found these maybe they will help?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Found these maybe they will help?

Thanks. Yes, I watched those videos. Below I highlighted the 2 pieces. The pinkish section is removed from the 2 top torx screw adjacent to the fire button. This holds the buttons in place and allows access to their silicone gaskets. There are no further screws behind this panel

The blue(ish) portion I could not remove. Removed 4 Philips screws from the battery caddy and 1 Torx from the bottom of the device. The battery caddy is now free, but lack of slack on the wires does not give it much movement. There was no movement in the blueish panel. Perhaps it is snapped into place or even uses a little adhesive. Did not want to use any force.

silver_frame_red_black_kevlar.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
get any of them?

No :( shipping to Canada was $27 :(
I'l find a good deal sooner or later, 3F had one silver one for 29.99 but it sold out fast!
I need to find a China site with them, shipping out of the states is never cheap & even at a good price for you Americans it's still too much to get shipped here :(

At Canadian sites this thing cost all most $100! After the CNY I'm confident I'l find one some wear for the right price :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Perhaps it is snapped into place or even uses a little adhesive. Did not want to use any force.
Lost Vape had used glue before on some of their panels. Like the Theron BF, there are screws under the accent panels and the panels are glued. If the Triade 250C panel is glued, it is probably like the glue used with 2 way tape.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Lost Vape had used glue before on some of their panels. Like the Theron BF, there are screws under the accent panels and the panels are glued. If the Triade 250C panel is glued, it is probably like the glue used with 2 way tape.

Perhaps that is the case – like I mentioned I did not want to apply force. The purpose of my disassembly was to see how much juice got inside after an RTA decided to spew its contents. 5ml of juice down the side and all over my mouse mat which now has a nice lemony scent. Damaged o-ring was the suspected cause. To my delight very little juice got inside.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
No! I'm still trying to find one dirt cheep! I'm more or less just curious about it & don't want to buy one if it's not the right price! I know they sell for around $30, if you can find them? If you start adding that much in Shipping it's not worth it :(

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Way off topic, but I thought I remember someone mentioning that they were an electrical engineer and or in utility power quality. I have a custom house we wired and it isn't to the finish stage yet but the LED bulbs will randomly flash like someone used a camera flash. The coop utility company does not have an engineer and I am attempting to help figure out the problem. They left me access to the line before the meter and Saturday I went to the jobsite and monitored the line. The transients I captured were not large enough to flash the LED lamps but were really quick (around 4Mhz but varied) but voltage wise substantial (300V PP). I am going back this week to try to capture the large ones that cause the flashing. Here is a shot of one, then zoomed in, then further zoomed in. The yellow trace is one phase and the blue the other. Both phases seem to be in lockstep so I would think it is upstream of the transformer in the primary line.

PK4qiWy.png

hOIkF5O.png

rw0Da1B.png

They do not just happen at voltage crests but of course that is where I expect them to cause problems. Here is a decent one that can be seen to the left of center after zero crossing. It's PP amplitude is 34V and approx 4Mhz.

su9Z9QP.png

4rumXeR.png

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Check for nearby transmitters. I had a problem with LED floods "pulsing", even when powered off and the breaker turned off, and traced it to the local AM radio station, 25KW about 4 miles away. Some .1, 600uf, mylar capacitors cured the problem.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
They should be able to check the distribution lines, on the input side of the transformer. The spike would have to be a lot bigger there than before it has been stepped down.
Believe it or not, they don't have an engineer on staff or a power quality division and said they don't have equipment like even my hobbiest stuff. They were going to sit there with a volt meter as if that would catch a short 4Mhz burst like that. Going to try to catch one big enough to trigger the LED flash and then take my storage scope to City Utilities which does have a power quality division and equipment that makes mine look like childs play and show them to see if they have any idea. On second thought don't know how well that will work since I had to prove to them when they rolled out their smart meters that they were tripping the GFI's on my temp poles because of the 1 watt UHF transceivers in them.

Users who are viewing this thread