US
Morning Coffee 599.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've had only one bite on Craigslist and it most likely is someone trying to scam me, here is the message...no mention of what the item is.
"I've seen your ad. are you the first owner and is it your final price ? I don't check the email for Craig's List , So text me at xxxxxxYYYY@ gmaill..com
I changed her email address BTW.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
parking lights.JPG
low beam.JPG
So I tried my of my bulbs to see how bright the non turn signal side was and it is a lot brighter than the turn signal. I'm going to have to wait till the module comes because if the white light side is on when the headlights are on they look like high beams. They should be OK by themselves in the daytime but I have no way to turn them off when the lights are on other than with a control module.
The top pic is parking lights only with the new bulb intsalled on the passenger side.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So tonight I learned that bulbs like the one pictured can be installed either direction in their socket and it work properly regardless. So I checked my LED bulb and it too can be reversed in the socket and still work correctly. This just blows my little mind.
3157.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I paid $200 for an S5 five years and now it's worth $100. That's a 50% residual value to me, which isn't too bad at all after five years. I do wonder what the S9 will be worth after five more years, but even if it's worth nothing a dollar a week isn't much of an expense to me, even being so cheap I squeak when sitting still.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I swapped out the headlight bulbs in my F-150 and my wife's Civic for LED bulbs. What a difference, like night and day! The Civic was a PITA because of the way the housings are built and installed, but the F-150 was easy. Just slid the whole headlight housing out, changed the bulbs and put it back in again. Scraped the heck out of my hands trying to get the Civic done and finally had to get my wife to reach in there and do it, she has much smaller hands. I also gave the Civic lenses a cleaning to get the fog off of them. That, alone, made a major difference. I've still got to change the fog lights, signal and parking lights on the F-150.

All it takes to make an LED bulb "polarity free" is a bridge rectifier on the input side of things.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
'check for updates' won't work?

It did not appear to, Tibs. I am going to try it each day for a while to be certain that the one time I tried it was nothing more than, at that time, there were no updates.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
This is my headlamp bulb, $45 ea. at Walmart. If I have to replace them I will surely consider LEDs View attachment 888155
So I have 9005 Halogen head lamp bulbs and not the HID as my manual indicated. I went to Ford Parts and entered the VIN to find that out
9005.jpg
Now to figure how it is both high and low beam with only one filament.
I'm just going to have to pull it and see for myself I guess, it will be the easiest way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread