Evolv-ing Thread

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
IDK why hcigar went with a 26650? Anyone in the know,knows there not much better than an 18650!
I would rather see the VT75 have an 18650 :) If you run a single coil atty an 18650 can last half the day, so you carry a spare battery, no big deal. I hope some one makes a nice small 3D printed dna 75 watt enclosure :) Or even better would be an aluminum one like the ERM. I wonder how they modded the design to accommodate the 18650? The test unit does have an 18650?
I'm guessing because 26650's have higher amp ratings and more capacity.

Reactions: Tpat591

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Well one of the Plumes guys mentioned a sled in their video

TBH Mike I wouldn't think this is out of bounds as it's not the board and they are not going to sell the mods we got.
You are probably right. I am just careful not to say anything they dont explicitly give us permission to, unless it is already in the public domain. AT least that is how I read the NDA, but that was a couple years back. I just dont want to jeopardize being in on the next one, the DNAXYZ3000! I like this gig!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I'm guessing because 26650's have higher amp ratings and more capacity.

Not Really! most 26650 have lower amp ratings than 18650, check out Mooch's threads
I have a 26650 mod it's a total disappointment, huge battery, takes twice as long to charge and only last 20% longer max :(

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Well one of the Plumes guys mentioned a sled in their video

TBH Mike I wouldn't think this is out of bounds as it's not the board and they are not going to sell the mods we got.
Just putting a sled in the ERM, not very convenient If you have to remove those long screws every time?
I guess those long screws could be easily replaced with magnets?

Reactions: Tpat591

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Not Really! most 26650 have lower amp ratings than 18650, check out Mooch's threads
I have an 26650 mod it's a total disappointment, huge battery, takes twice as long to charge and only last 20% longer max :(
Thats my real life experience with them so far.
I.e. the view isnt worth the climb.

But Lipo, yeah, I get a god's eye view there. Been vaping exclusively on this 5000mAh DNA75 ERM+ for 12 hours,and it is only down 11% on the battery meter.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Just putting a sled in the ERM, not very convenient If you have to remove those long screws every time?
I guess those long screws could be easily replaced with magnets?
Remember, these are beta mods, not production mods. They went with what they already had rather than design a new enclosure for the beta testing. They also hinted at forcing us to use the chargers and test them out, otherwise everybody would just swap bats.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Remember, these are beta mods, not production mods. They went with what they already had rather than design a new enclosure for the beta testing. They also hinted at forcing us to use the chargers and test them out, otherwise everybody would just swap bats.
I understand for a beta tester it would be fine, not for an everyday driver though :(
Swapping batteries is the big advantage to 18650, it's the only advantage IMO over lipo's

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I get what your saying, I am real happy with Lipo batteries too :) Most of Us following these threads have many mods and don't care about charging via usb, the advantages of lipo's out way the hassle of plugging in your mod for a few hours.
I'm just thinking of a good reason to want a new 75 watt DNA. For me a small stealthy mod with an easily changeable battery seems like a good reason :)
IMO this would also make it way more appealing to a mass market, who may only own 1 or 2 mods :)
If I'm going to buy a new 75 watt board, build a mod & put a lipo in it. does it make sense not to just buy a DNA200?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I hope some one makes a nice small 3D printed DNA 75 watt enclosure :)

plato1.JPG
plato2.JPG
plato3.JPG

I'm not good enough with the Cad programs but I'd like to see the Aspire Plato design modified for a DNA75 up-sized to fit an aromamizer inside the mod in place of that abortion of a tank that Aspire used. About same height 26-28mm thickness, about the width of a Nebox, elongated tank, chimney & glass to protrude from top of mod, base of tank modified so it would screw in like a Nebox atty base, picking up the atty + on a second set of threads embedded in the base. Probably be easier to mount a 22mm 510 inside and just have the aromamizer in a drop well extending out the top.

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
FIGHT THIS!!!!!

SA 3547 as filed
SEC. 5032. REGULATIONS RELATING TO E-CIGARETTES.
(a) In General.–Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Administrator of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration shall, in coordination and consultation with the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration–
(1) finalize the interim final rule of the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration issued October 30, 2015, pertaining to e-cigarettes; and
(2) expand that rule to prohibit the carrying of battery-powered portable electronic smoking devices in checked baggage and in carry-on baggage.
(b) Definition.–In this section, the term “battery-powered portable electronic smoking devices” means e-cigarettes, e-cigs, e-cigars, e-pipes, e-hookahs, personal vaporizers, and electronic nicotine delivery systems.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
No vape gear in your checked baggage, fine, but now they dont what to let you carry it on either. You have leave all vape gear at home, what the hell you supposed to use on your trip??? Cigarettes???

A few battery venting videos & this legislation is going to be real hard to fight!
The way they can portray it is your carrying a Bomb :(

Users who are viewing this thread