Evolv-ing Thread

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I might get one^ is that the only color in stock rn?

Hey if you really want to cut down on your juice consumption, make a rule that you're only allowed to vape if you do it like dice.
913aa0369c3d63393cff85ee16957f31.jpg

Works for me anyway.

Dice! Went to see him at a local college, a couple girls made the mistake of trying to be big shots by yelling out to him, they were pretty red in the face when he finally decided to leave them along and go back to his routine. :laugh:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Well we got a couple inches of snow over the last couple days, melted this morning, going to be in the lower 40's the next few days and finally next week it's showing to be in the 50's but cloudy with some rain, April showers stuff. So sick of the snow and cold, it will nice to finally get some warmer weather. I just hope by then I'll be feeling better, so sick of feeling sick for the last couple of weeks. :(

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I'm having way better results with the SS430 Claptons I'm building my self!
The AVS 430's i tried were a bit erratic, the first one I tried was perfect, second one would fall out of TC occasionally :( I'm still running that first one with no issues :)
Maybe because I used SS316 as a wrap? but the resitence of the home made one's is substantially lower than the AVS :)
I cant argue that the 430 is way easier to maintain :) I rewicked one & just glowed it red, rewicked & it's good as new :)
BTW I stopped using the AVS Claptons, I use the home made SS430 Claptons now :)
Yeah I mostly use unflavored too & only use claptons, Ti used to be my go-to but I pretty much only use ss430 now. It's tcr is totally adequate I find, for TC and I love that it can be glowed for as long as I want to get out hot spots while I'm setting up.
Dice! Went to see him at a local college, a couple girls made the mistake of trying to be big shots by yelling out to him, they were pretty red in the face when he finally decided to leave them along and go back to his routine. [emoji23]
Yeah Iove dice & he's one of my favorite impressions (hey Joey get off da roof, ohhhh), I saw him in the city back when he had hair... My mom used to date a comic, we were at the club & I was really young but I remember dice came in to work on his material, started off doing something else, while the crowd was sort of belligerent & wanted him to do one of his bits idk, he started doing his "day the laughter died" type stuff, people were leaving & he just kept going... It was great. My mom's bf never got to go up.

Seriously though I think if you try only vaping like this,
dee453a742733428b7961682ce2d67ce.jpg

Your juice consumption will go way down.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey anybody know a cheap but good hdmi cable that's 9-10ft long? today I mounted a TV on my wall & it was the most nerve-wracking thing ever, turned out good but trying to hang a 75 incher by myself wasn't fun. It's one of the articulating that swings around, I have the same ones for my gaming monitors but it still makes me nervous having it out so I just leave it against the wall. But anyways I need a much longer hdmi cable, preferably not super expensive like they tend to be.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Hey anybody know a cheap but good hdmi cable that's 9-10ft long? today I mounted a TV on my wall & it was the most nerve-wracking thing ever, turned out good but trying to hang a 75 incher by myself wasn't fun. It's one of the articulating that swings around, I have the same ones for my gaming monitors but it still makes me nervous having it out so I just leave it against the wall. But anyways I need a much longer hdmi cable, preferably not super expensive like they tend to be.
No need for an expensive HDMI cable, pretty much any of these would work fine.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=10'+hdmi+cable

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

Hey Kiba, on that articulating wall mount for heavy tv's I've found that over time the brackets will crush the drywall at the bottom of the mount. I run nothing but plasma units (very large and heavy) and after having to fix my walls I changed the way I mount them. I now mount 3/4" plywood strips or 1x2 pine strips to the wall first and then screw the large bolts for the mount through the strips and into the studs. No crushing now, even when we extend the tv away from wall. You can thank me later.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey Kiba, on that articulating wall mount for heavy tv's I've found that over time the brackets will crush the drywall at the bottom of the mount. I run nothing but plasma units (very large and heavy) and after having to fix my walls I changed the way I mount them. I now mount 3/4" plywood strips or 1x2 pine strips to the wall first and then screw the large bolts for the mount through the strips and into the studs. No crushing now, even when we extend the tv away from wall. You can thank me later.

It's a 75" but only 50-60lbs without the stand, the new Samsung oleds are super light now, aluminum or something. I've mounted them like that before but if I add wood it won't be as flush, plus I don't want to take it off lol... Believe me though I remember plasmas, my back remembers them. I'm still probably not going to extend it unless I need to get behind it.

This is the one
54d56cab86b57bb48845aa77b6455372.jpg

Agreed, I recently bought a pair of the Amazon Basics, six footers, they work just fine.

No need for an expensive HDMI cable, pretty much any of these would work fine.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=10'+hdmi+cable

Which one specifically did you guys get? The 6ft Amazon one I have gives me this error on both my boxes (tried on both shields) so want to avoid that one.

http://nvda.co/hdcp

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I finally got those remote temp sensors in for the thermostat today which, it can either use one at a time, or an average of all 3, I've been just using it an average of all 3 but lately the weather has been hot & cold all in one day, & the temp stays basically around 71-2 without any heat/ac so I won't really know until it gets cold again.

Also I had to order a new washer, & my gf wanted to get the matching dryer bc it's 18 years old & she's convinced it's going to take a dump, 2things, how important is it to level a dryer? My floor is on concrete & it looks like the old one been tilted back (slightly) for some reason. & if I want to do the magnet flange for the dryer to save space, what kind of tube should I use to connect that to the ceiling? Or should I just build one out of pipes?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Yeah gf are like that. A new washer without a matching new drier just doesn't work for them. :confused:
Heck I did the same thing back in January. My 20 yo washer/dryer. Washer bit the bucket and was beyond economical repair so I bought a new "pair". The old dryer might have kept going a bit longer, but the new ones are more energy efficient, the tradeoff is that both are slower. I knew I would never be able to "match" the new washer in a few years once the old dryer died. The .... side of me likes the matching set.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I'm having way better results with the SS430 Claptons I'm building my self!
The AVS 430's i tried were a bit erratic, the first one I tried was perfect, second one would fall out of TC occasionally :( I'm still running that first one with no issues :)
Maybe because I used SS316 as a wrap? but the resitence of the home made one's is substantially lower than the AVS :)
I cant argue that the 430 is way easier to maintain :) I rewicked one & just glowed it red, rewicked & it's good as new :)
BTW I stopped using the AVS Claptons, I use the home made SS430 Claptons now :)
Just installed a TI clapton in a Merlin mini on a 75C in TC/Replay mode, never realized I could get that good of a hit off that mini in one of those tiny Evolv 75C enclosures. very consistent so far.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm sure even unflavoured will eventually gunk up the coil but at a longer interval :)
That's correct. I usually get two to four weeks on the mod I vape the most, which runs strictly unflavored. Call it 50 to 100 ml of juice. At that point, the gunking is still quite light, but because it's running unflavored, there's nothing to mask the off taste.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I finally got those remote temp sensors in for the thermostat today which, it can either use one at a time, or an average of all 3, I've been just using it an average of all 3 but lately the weather has been hot & cold all in one day, & the temp stays basically around 71-2 without any heat/ac so I won't really know until it gets cold again.

Also I had to order a new washer, & my gf wanted to get the matching dryer bc it's 18 years old & she's convinced it's going to take a dump, 2things, how important is it to level a dryer? My floor is on concrete & it looks like the old one been tilted back (slightly) for some reason. & if I want to do the magnet flange for the dryer to save space, what kind of tube should I use to connect that to the ceiling? Or should I just build one out of pipes?

I tried to go the cheap route and just replace the washer, the drier lasted another 7-8 months and it died too and like Mike said, the new ones are much more efficient so I say it was the right move. As far as venting I've only used the plain old round tube but mine is in the basement where I have plenty of room and looks don't matter. I did look at the thinner "close to the wall" type vents and right away I didn't like them, the bends, corners, nooks and crannies are lint traps, lint will collect in all those spots and you'll have to keep a close eye on it to make sure restriction isn't building up, enough could case a fire, look up the percentage of house fires caused by driers, it's high. A quick google just now found this NFPA - Dryers and washing machine fires
"Clothes dryers accounted for 92% of the fires; washing machines 4%, and washer and dryer combinations accounted for 5%."

Even in the old round type, every elbow/bend is a restriction, a spot where air flow will slow and lint will collect. I'd give up looks to go with the shortest and straightest route out with the minimum of elbows and bends, I like to sleep well at night. If you can put a hole through the wall straight out behind the drier that's what I would recommend, that's what we did at my daughters house, it's less the eight inches straight to the outside vent, and it never clogs, never.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
SOB!! Just looked outside and it's snowing again... UGH!!
Yeah it is supposed to hit here too. But radar shows it went more south and will miss us. In less than a month from now we usually start planting. But the way things are going, I never heard of planting while there is still snow on the ground. :confused:

Reactions: SlickWilly

Users who are viewing this thread