Evolv-ing Thread

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well some was concerned about since the 75C and 250C have been around, whether our older DNAs will see much use in the future. But I wasn't worried since I knew once the gee wiz factor wore out that I would be back to using my older DNAs once again.

Well that day for me was yesterday. I grabbed one of my DNA200s and I needed to change the following:

1. Power (and I use Temperature Dominant)
  2. Temperature
  3. Profile
  4. Unlock the ohms (I left it months ago locked)
And I did those four things at least 2 to 3 times faster than I could do on my 75C/250C mods. And how does it vape? Superb. :D

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have a dna 75 squonker on order. I had the choice of the 75C or the 75. One reason is that @Baditude published the specs (wish I could find it but I can't), the battery life on the 75 over the 75C made the choice for me. Color and replay couldn't outweigh that.

Well some was concerned about since the 75C and 250C have been around, whether our older DNAs will see much use in the future. But I wasn't worried since I knew once the gee wiz factor wore out that I would be back to using my older DNAs once again.

Well that day for me was yesterday. I grabbed one of my DNA200s and I needed to change the following:

1. Power (and I use Temperature Dominant)
  2. Temperature
  3. Profile
  4. Unlock the ohms (I left it months ago locked)
And I did those four things at least 2 to 3 times faster than I could do on my 75C/250C mods. And how does it vape? Superb. :D

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have a DNA 75 squonker on order. I had the choice of the 75C or the 75. One reason is that @Baditude published the specs (wish I could find it but I can't), the battery life on the 75 over the 75C made the choice for me. Color and replay couldn't outweigh that.

I really didn't have any plans of ever of getting any DNA75 at all. And I have resisted so far. But I did make an exception for two 75C squonkers (one still sealed in the box for a few months now). As the C's still had that gee wiz feeling with me going on. But Eciggity has HCigar VT Inbox DNA75 TC Squonkers for 80 bucks apiece. Not anything as the best DNA75 squonkers out there. But I have been eyeing them for months now and I think I should grab one or two before they all disappear for good. :D

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well I guess I could have asked here...or just did a little homework on Google. I've added a 3rd network at work and need to run some cat 5e cable from my office to the Maintenance office about 300 feet away (Indoor). So I buy a 1000 ft box of 5e.
Almost all the 5e cable on Ebay is cca not copper. I bought the cca, now I know better (I think). Anyway I didn't use it, I ordered another box of copper 5e.

(Copper Clad Aluminum/Copper Clad Alloy) (CCA)

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I have a DNA 75 squonker on order. I had the choice of the 75C or the 75. One reason is that @Baditude published the specs (wish I could find it but I can't), the battery life on the 75 over the 75C made the choice for me. Color and replay couldn't outweigh that.

Wow, the efficiency of the 75C must really suck cuz the 75 is a batt hog if there ever was one.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Found a great Netflix series, if you loved the Sopranos you'll love this! I'd have to say the writers wanted to make a continuation where Sopranos left off, pick up the story as if Tony got whacked and Silvio left the mob, the story picks up from there but there is a lot more funny parts then the Sopranos, I'm loving it!
Lilyhammer | Netflix Official Site

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow, the efficiency of the 75C must really suck cuz the 75 is a batt hog if there ever was one.

Well I have two 75C single 18650 cell squonkers (one is still sealed in the box for months). Any most dual 18650 mods I could vape all day on a charge. So one 18650 you would think you could do 8 to 9 hours of vaping. But I don't think I could get 4 hours (about 5ml of juice) out of one. The specs say that the DNA75 and 75C has 85% efficiency. But it seems like the color screen has something to do with draining the batteries faster. I think the 250C is harder on batteries too compared to the DNA200/250. Color screens again?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
tumblr_p2o3jdIToL1wz6c7uo1_1280.png

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Well I have two 75C single 18650 cell squonkers (one is still sealed in the box for months). Any most dual 18650 mods I could vape all day on a charge. So one 18650 you would think you could do 8 to 9 hours of vaping. But I don't think I could get 4 hours (about 5ml of juice) out of one. The specs say that the DNA75 and 75C has 85% efficiency. But it seems like the color screen has something to do with draining the batteries faster. I think the 250C is harder on batteries too compared to the DNA200/250. Color screens again?

Could be the color screens are using more power I guess. I did a comparison between a single 18650 dna 75 and mech squonker a year or so ago. I used NiFe52 alloy in an aromamizer set to 420°f on the 75 which yeilded approx 65w during the pull. I used a .23 ohm kanthal build in another aromamizer on the mech squonker which averaged approx 65w as well. When the batt was drained to approx 3.5v in both rigs I had vaped less than 6ml on average on the dna 75 and over 8ml on the mech squonker. Based on those experiments I'd say The dna 75 was closer to 75% efficiency in TC mode.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
^^^I''m guessing that it's supposed to be for the 75C, I like it.

Yes, It was originally made for the 75c.
Proto & Modcrate were selling them for a long time now.
I think I got the last one from Proto? They are out of stock there now :(
The 250c is about 2mm wider, & the mount screws are spreed further apart on the top of the board.
It was a lot of work! with the limited tools I have (dremel) to make the 250c fit in an enclosure made for a 75c.

I made one with a 75c it works good :) But a 250c with a lipo, be it a small one, is still better IMO :)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Hey @cigatron remember when we were talking about @kiba and setting TCR? I said this ......
    The much easier way, IMHO would be to create an excel formula where you use a high TCR value starting point (like 170), find the temp of the singe. Look at the value at that temp (material screen, hover over the rise line), then mathematically work backwards to solve for the TCR.
    Well, I found that calculator. Input starting/ending temps in°C. Starting (cold Ω/ending Ω) and it'll spit out the TCR. Now having said that, there's one thing that does not change the output TCR meaningfully
    1. Evolv has always said they 'refine' the cold ohm value to 70F, yet if you create a custom material in escribe or look at any of their other default materials you actually see it's 68F (20°C) as compared to 70F which is 21.1111. EXCEPT TITANIUM which shows 70.
    I think you got this using either the water boil or cotton singe, but if you want, I can give you high level or details. So put in any 4 values, and it'll solve for the 5th.

Resistivity, Temperature calculator -- EndMemo

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    I guess we knew this would happen eventually. $25.89 JuggerKnot Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4/6ml / 304 stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This tank was designed by a Canadian company & made in China, they were selling it for around $100 Canadian Dollars.
    Now you can get it for $25 US dollars @ FT, The Kicker is, it's still made in China so the quality should be identical to the original!
    Ive been underwhelmed by every top airflow tank Ive ever purchased...especially the last 2 "leakproof" ones in a row that were the leakiest Ive ever owned, the Zeus and the Themis...quite apart from them both failing at the top cap seal (they both use the same silicone gasket - I'll never buy another tank that uses that system - the heartache isn't worth it just on freight - 2 months I waited for the Themis- only to find a flawed design) Ive also been underwhelmed by using a single coil (I'll never dual, the extra work in building isn't worth it for me - never needed more vapour than a good single can provide) on a dual capable deck...all I ended up with was a ton of unnecessary air and weak vapour. So I'll never buy another single/dual coil decked RTA either. It was fine in the days of the Avocado where they gave you a plug to block the extra coil space, but these days if it's a wide deck that *can* do dual, it really shouldn't be marketed as single OR dual, just call them dual....

Meanwhile today I got a shipment from Wotofo...about a month ago the insulator on the 510 pin of my Serpent SMM ate itself due to what must have been a slow leak under the deck insulator..the juice ingress into the 510 pin shaft I didn't notice as I never take it that far apart vaping unflavoured...anyways one day I noticed wonky ohms readings and TC performance...took the 510 pin out and it was covered in black goop and the insulator fell apart..

Anyways despite it being 10 months old, when I contacted Wotofo, they were super helpful and said they'd send me a new deck...

Time marches on and then today...package

New deck (black, despite them asking the colour I had and me telling them)...overlooking the colour error as also sent was a baggie with I kid you not about 25 insulators in it lol

At least my SMM is back working, quite like the black/silver hodge podge of it..black base, silver everything else..it did occur to me I could swap the silver airflow ring from my old deck over and have it more "all silver", but lol the airflow ring and orings on the new deck feel way better sealed than my original..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    299a349ac4c5e1164e886bed80a9678c.jpg

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Ive been underwhelmed by every top airflow tank Ive ever purchased...especially the last 2 "leakproof" ones in a row that were the leakiest Ive ever owned, the Zeus and the Themis...quite apart from them both failing at the top cap seal (they both use the same silicone gasket - I'll never buy another tank that uses that system - the heartache isn't worth it just on freight - 2 months I waited for the Themis- only to find a flawed design) Ive also been underwhelmed by using a single coil (I'll never dual, the extra work in building isn't worth it for me - never needed more vapour than a good single can provide) on a dual capable deck...all I ended up with was a ton of unnecessary air and weak vapour. So I'll never buy another single/dual coil decked RTA either. It was fine in the days of the Avocado where they gave you a plug to block the extra coil space, but these days if it's a wide deck that *can* do dual, it really shouldn't be marketed as single OR dual, just call them dual....

Agree 100% I tried the "Top Air Flow Tanks" IMO they are a Fail!
    I'm no fan of dual coils either.

I posted the Juggerknot, cause it shows China will turn on you no matter what!
    The Canadian Company will never sell another atty, they designed @ a profit, if China is selling them at 25% of their price!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Agree 100% I tried the "Top Air Flow Tanks" IMO they are a Fail!
    I'm no fan of dual coils either.

I posted the Juggerknot, cause it shows China will turn on you no matter what!
    The Canadian Company will never sell another atty, they designed @ a profit, if China is selling them at 25% of their price!
    I know what you meant by posting, lol there's no copyright in China...

All those kind of tanks look interesting from a design point of view, and I think that's perhaps where they stem from, people playing in CAD "that looks cool" and "that *should* work", the execution is crap in reality though. But of course China loves throwing out 3 new tanks a week...whereas I still favour the same tank I had 3 years ago...my beloved Lemo 2's. It's only during the cold months and when I'm using higher VG that I stray to the SMM and now the Crius II - Lemo 2 has the smallest juice slits in any tank Ive seen/owned, but running a decent amount of PG (or distilled water in high VG) and it's still my fave tank of all time..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread