Evolv-ing Thread

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Same here. :shock: Over a 3 week period.IMHO, that's their differentiator, and part of what makes them special, in a good way. But that's OK, I won't hold that against you as my little sister married an Australian ;) She went to a wedding reception where they had Dwarf tossing (certainly not politically correct).
3 weeks hey, thats still less than the unpleasant rodgering I had to endure during my evic experience. And people wonder why I'm still bitter about it. I couldn't sit down for months afterwards, they'd essentially run a train on me the .......s...

Haha got an Aussie in the family hey, I'm guessing she's either very happy or constantly exasperated :) There's no middle ground.,

Sheesh can't remember the last time I heard of a good old un-PC dwarf tossing

But...Dwarf Hire|Dwarf My Party

Sorry to say we didn't start it (started in Florida, you know where all the best ideas come from), but it was a thing here once, mainly in the top end (top part of Australia) We're awesome at geographical naming, like we have some mountains here in our only regular snow zone, wanna guess what they're called? The Snowy Mountains...I could go on, like we have this reef that's like a great big barrier, or you might know as The Great Barrier Reef....I could go on, we're full of awesome...like we have this large mountain range that divides the eastern states between coast and inland, or as we call it The Great Dividing Range...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    It really ruined moving from 316L to anything else for me
    BUT all SSxxx/316/317/430 are alloys, and their specs are not written in stone. Unkamen is the only SS430 I've seen that claims to be Nickel free. Their composition is defined within ranges or as a max %. And can change within their own foundry from batch to batch. Here's looking at you Temco Ti01 24awg, compared to my 22awg and 26awg

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    BUT all SSxxx/316/317/430 are alloys, and their specs are not written in stone. Unkamen is the only SS430 I've seen that claims to be Nickel free. Their composition is defined within ranges or as a max %. And can change within their own foundry from batch to batch. Here's looking at you Temco Ti01 24awg, compared to my 22awg and 26awg
    Yeah, but I've got 316L from 3 diff suppliers here and all are spot on at 0.00092...

SS430 really shocked me, none of it was even in the ballpark, I like ballpark

Oh joy, on the morning news just now, bloody Trump may be coming to Australia. The one time I think the gun buy back scheme and therefore the lack of guns here was not an entirely wise thing

Jesus if we get parliament onto it they should be able to at least put an IQ requirement as a condition of entry to Australia..it'd keep him out and also stop me wanting to shoot the .....

• Disagree
    Reactions: CMD-Ky

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    she's either very happy or constantly exasperated :) There's no middle ground
    Both I think. Lives in Cronulla.
    I'll stay out of American politics, but as a legal immigrant (now citizen) in Canada, immigration here WAS based on a merit system, like AUS . And the flak he raised at the G7 summit about dairy farmers, well you guys have that same broader issue.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Both I think. Lives in Cronulla.
    I'll stay out of American politics, but as a legal immigrant (now citizen) in Canada, immigration here WAS based on a merit system, like AUS . And the flak he raised at the G7 summit about dairy farmers, well you guys have that same broader issue.
    Hehe Cronullas not too far down the road from me

I'll have to check out the G7 thing you reference, I actively avoid anything to do with the giant insane orange baby, so I'm not up to speed on what he's ....ed up recently...any morning I wake up without being irradiated I count as a plus :)

• Disagree
    Reactions: CMD-Ky

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    "These tariffs are part of Canada’s dairy supply management scheme that should have been phased out years ago. New Zealand and Australia have also stated that Canada cannot enter the Trans-Pacific Partnership until it scraps supply management."
    From here, a Canadian paper
    Time for Trudeau to cut the outrage over Trump’s antics and just cut a deal
    I'll read that after Ive had several hours of sleep, hopefully starting soon :) 8:45am here and I'm almost spent...

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    the experience I had with 2 joyetech evic mini (originals) when they came out

I remember that thread, I was told by some there that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. When it was actually that PoS eVic Mini all the time. I got a full refund for my eVic Mini and picked up a second iPV D2 which is still in use today with a Rose V2.

The stuff nightmares are made of...
    7zjkDEI.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Time for Trudeau to cut the outrage over Trump’s antics and just cut a deal

Maybe this should be a wake up call? It's time to diversify our trade portfolio!
    Why our we tied at the Hip with the Americans?
    There's a whole big world out there, maybe we should buy & sell products else were?

Reactions: SlickWilly

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Why our we tied at the Hip with the Americans?
    Proximity, maybe. Both countries can move goods by rail or road typically in a very short time and cheaper. They protect our North, as we don't own any subs. We're very resource (includes fresh water) rich, and they have a 10x larger market for our goods.

Without a doubt, our guy's got better hair than their guy.

We have a cool border story (love this site) US-Canada Border Slash

And a disputed island Both the U.S. and Canada Have Claimed This Island for Centuries

And Canada's most Southern point is more South than the Northern tip of California. Pelee Island. Big winery, 3 or 4 bars, and the lone cop only only shows up on the weekend.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Proximity, maybe. Both countries can move goods by rail or road typically in a very short time and cheaper. They protect our North, as we don't own any subs. We're very resource (includes fresh water) rich, and they have a 10x larger market for our goods.

Without a doubt, our guy's got better hair than their guy.

We have a cool border story (love this site) US-Canada Border Slash

And a disputed island Both the U.S. and Canada Have Claimed This Island for Centuries

And Canada's most Southern point is more South than the Northern tip of California. Pelee Island. Big winery, 3 or 4 bars, and the lone cop only only shows up on the weekend.

All good points :)
    But they have 10 Times our population, & we still manage to buy more American goods than we sell Canadian goods to them!

Maybe this is just a bump in the road? I still think we have to many eggs in the American Basket.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Don't forget you also have real cheese, not that horrible sickly looking yellow/orange processed stuff Americans have been told is cheese. My big sister used to live and work in the US and could not believe the supermarkets, row upon row of fake cheese

Trump should get onto that...the fake cheese..

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    But they have 10 Times our population, & we still manage to buy more American goods than we sell Canadian goods to them!
    I've heard that, but I rarely see a made in USA label anywhere. Then again I rarely look at labels.
    From the American point of view, which I have no reason to question
    Canada | United States Trade Representative
    It's complicated, and I've seen those games played working for Motorla HQ'd in Schaumberg, IL, and me in Brampton, ON. They'd send a blank PCB, we'd populate most of the board, send it back across the border for heat sensitive components that had to soldered by hand, they'd send it back for us to do a burn-in, slap the plastic case and a Made in Canada sticker on it. Which later turned into just us doing the burn-in and Made in Canada sticker.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Motorla HQ'd in Schaumberg, IL, and me in Brampton, ON
    Hey I worked as a contractor for Motorola in Schaumburg, IL in the 80's. I worked for Philips Electronics and I maintained their Philips scanning electron microscope in their clean room where they manufactured Motorola chips.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Don't forget you also have real cheese, not that horrible sickly looking yellow/orange processed stuff Americans have been told is cheese. My big sister used to live and work in the US and could not believe the supermarkets, row upon row of fake cheese

Hey wait a minute! Living in Wisconsin, we make real cheese here. Well the cheese plants that hasn't been bought out by the big companies anyway. And don't trust that Wisconsin Cheese label either. As California ships their fake cheese all packaged and only missing the label to Wisconsin. Then a lowlife company in Wisconsin just puts a label on the cheese that says Wisconsin Cheese and then ships it back to California. :-x

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    No matter how you cut it, Canada and the US are "joined at the hip" in too many ways to count, not just geographically. It's far easier and beneficial to both to be friends, no matter how good the hair is of our leaders or their points of view, than to get too riled up over anything.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Hehe SMM loudest you've owned...you never had the Crown V1 then, it's the tank I had to start vaping out the back of my building because it attracted attention...from my neighbours, and people walking past outside.... luckily, and somewhat predictably it was a terrible tank (coils prematurely dying - only time I've ever used pre-built coils (and they had to be the worst ever) while waiting for the separate RBA - which was equally disappointing) that I only had it a week before it went back).

Wow! I bought two Crown I and used one stock coil (I don't recall if I liked the stock coils back then) and quickly went with the RBA route. They are supposed to be DTL tanks, but I mostly used them for MTL. And those RBAs could only hold a tiny 5 wrap 28g or smaller coils. Not good for DTL, fine for MTL. Used those two for about two years.

Tried their stock coils again at the beginning of this year and they are fantastic coils now for both MTL and DTL vaping. I did hear complaints about their stock coils after a few months after the Crown came out. As some of them were duds. But they supposedly fixed them and they were fine again. But having tried their stock coils again I am thrilled. So I bought like 50 of them, 0.15Ω and 0.25Ω coils and two more Crown I tanks. I never tried their 0.50Ω and 1.2Ω coils. And their stock coils are lasting me two to three months.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I worked as a contractor for Motorola in Schaumburg, IL in the 80's.
    Greatest company I ever worked for. 1st company to win the Malcolm Bainbridge 6 sigma award, and it was an integral part of the culture

I was there around the late 80's for 10 years, and only spent time in Schaumberg twice for training. I usually hung out in Mansfield, MA for 2 weeks each summer in their Advanced Manufacturing and Design guys were. One of the Engineers left to help design the DEC Alpha chip, while we were transitioning from Through hole to SMT for PCB's.

Users who are viewing this thread