Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
550d88e3e0ec35a7b72db6179d6e6cdf.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
So how to those of you who use LiPos in your dna mods dispose of your old cells? ;)

Connect an automotive tail lamp to the Lipo pack and wait for the light to go out. There are no environmentally unfriendly chemicals in a Lipo so you can just put the discharged pack in trash collection.

BTW, the flammability dangers associated with Lipos occur primarily during the charging cycle.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I've been playing around with a Geek Vape Shield subohm tank that uses Geek Vape IM1/IM4/and those Super Mesh coils. Same coils like the Smok TFV8 fit in there too along with tons of other manufacture's coils. Well I got a Geek Vape IM1 coil head in there which is a Kanthal 0.4 ohm vertical coil. I believe all of these coils that fit are all Kanthal or maybe some of them are Ni80. So no TC with any of them.

But I noticed from room temperature the coil reads 0.430 ohm and up to like what the vape feels like 480F, the coil reads 0.450 ohm. Hmm... is Kanthal changing that much, or does these things use nickel legs? Grabbed a Paranormal 250C and put it in Replay/Power mode, dialed in 38 watts and taken a DL hit. Not bad! Tried to enable Replay into Play mode and it won't go.

While EScribe connected I just enabled into Play mode from there and uploaded it to the Paranormal. Read it back and EScribe says it is in Play mode, but the theme says no it isn't. Strange! vaping with it and I say no it isn't either. As changing the speed of the inhale I can still change the temperature of the vape. I also noticed changing the temperature by my inhale, resistance lags the vape temperature by say 300ms. I suspect that means the resistance change is by nickel legs. So anybody else have experience trying to enable Replay/Play with a non TC coil?

Reactions: awsum140

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I discharge them as flat as possible, tape the ends/contacts for added safety, collect them in an empty box then take the box, when it's full, to our Municipal building where they collect LiPOs for recycling. Given that there's more recycled waste available than there is demand for, I often wonder what really happens to them.

Given that lithium is pretty flammable and a fairly strong respiratory irritant I suspect most municipalities would frown on LiPOs in the "regular" refuse stream.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
freshly finished first DNA mod, 75c, Shapeways printed parts View attachment 785471

Nice looking mod! :thumb:
Can you post a few more pics? Size comparison, maybe the inside to?
How about a break down of $, I'm sure it's a lot less than a Boxer or a Rebel?
Also, noticed you left it raw, aren't you worried it will get stained by juice?

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Nice looking mod! :thumb:
Can you post a few more pics? Size comparison, maybe the inside to?
How about a break down of $, I'm sure it's a lot less than a Boxer or a Rebel?
Also, noticed you left it raw, aren't you worried it will get stained by juice?

Hadnt thought about it staining from juice... The board from Evolv was 78$ The enclosure was @80$ 10$ with shipping for 10 battery contacts US supplyer 9$ 17ft 14g wire @5$ BF 510 fresh1.jpg fresh2.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hadnt thought about it staining from juice... The board from Evolv was 78$ The enclosure was @80$ 10$ with shipping for 10 battery contacts US supplyer 9$ 17ft 14g wire @5$ BF 510 View attachment 785483 View attachment 785485

Thanks for the reply :)
Thats a really nice mod! Fairly small for such a huge battery, Looks like a way bigger bottle will fit also.
I contacted the designer on SW, hoping He will make a dual 21700 DNA250c non Squonk version.
I know it's wishful thinking but, hey you never know.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@mikepetro How much coffee grinds for a 9&1/2 single cup of coffee?
For example if my grinder fits 12 once of beans, how many single 9&1/2 once cups could I expect to make?
How strong do you want your coffee? ;)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
How strong do you want your coffee? ;)

Ok here's the thing, I think I'm using too much coffee grounds. I'm just looking for a rule of thumb.
I understand that taste is going to come in to play, but at a certain point, Are you just wasting coffee?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Ok here's the thing, I think I'm using too much coffee grounds. I'm just looking for a rule of thumb.
I understand that taste is going to come in to play, but at a certain point, Are you just wasting coffee?
I use four level coffee scoops for 12 cups. Seems about right for a medium/strong brew using Eight-O'clock "The Original" beans.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I use four level coffee scoops for 12 cups. Seems about right for a medium/strong brew using Eight-O'clock "The Original" beans.
Sounds weak to me, but perhaps your scoop is bigger than I picture it in my mind's eye.

Users who are viewing this thread