Evolv-ing Thread

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Even better now that I did a dry burn and new wick. It had that juice that came with my Spade on/in it...I like my DIY juice way more.
And It's on my Inbox.
There is a good chance that it with the Inbox will go to work tonight, that's what happens, I get hold of one and use it for days.
The C-roll is my most squonk friendly atty, I don't think I have ever over flowed it.

Last edited:

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Even better now that I did a dry burn and new wick. It had that juice that came with my Spade on/in it...I like my DIY juice way more.
And It's on my Inbox.
There is a good chance that it with the Inbox will go to work tonight, that's what happens, I get hold of one and use it for days.
The C-roll is my most squonk friendly atty, I don't think I have ever over flowed it.

ok, I'm in, C-roll on the way, I kinda forgot about it and there is a bit of a dry spell

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
squonk friendly
Now there is a contradiction in terms for ya......

upload_2019-1-25_15-48-20.png

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
There needs to be a "TPM" tire pressure monitor on the rim in the tire.
Newer model cars have these installed. Ever time you change a tire you need to sync it up with the cars computer, you mite even need a tool to do it :(
Some factory systems do it that way. But since about 2011 or thereabouts, factory systems don't use separate sensors at all; instead they do some crazy amount of signal processing on the ABS wheel speed sensors.

However, it looks like the aftermarket system that Bill linked to uses sensors that screw onto the valve stems from the outside, in place of regular caps.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I to have one SXK Boxer clone coming :) I have a question for you.
Did you have to ground the board to the 510 - ?
I have some nice pics of a swap that was done, but there is no pic of the negative /ground from the board to the 510, is it not necessary?

The pic isn't mine, I D/L'ed it from the net. You can see it's hard to tell if there is a negative/ground to the 510?

xxODlqQ.png
There IS a neg connection for the 510, given the body is plastic. It's there, you'll see it when you take it apart. This pic shows different batt and 510 wires than what come stock on the SXK mod. This person apparently upgraded the wires. I never did that. I saw no need. The OEM gauge/awg is sufficient....IMO.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
There IS a neg connection for the 510, given the body is plastic. It's there, you'll see it when you take it apart. This pic shows different batt and 510 wires than what come stock on the SXK mod. This person apparently upgraded the wires. I never did that. I saw no need. The OEM gauge/awg is sufficient....IMO.

Is the screen the same? zif connector?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Speaking of squonks... This one i did when the Vandy Vape Simple EX squonk came out a while back. Put a DNA GO board in it.

Nightmare to accomplish. I "sandwiched" the Go board on top of the OEM VV board (after reflowing off ALL of the surface mount components). Much tiny enamel wire soldering to keep the stock board, so i could use its onboard buttons.

IMG_0395.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Speaking of squonks... This one i did when the Vandy Vape Simple EX squonk came out a while back. Put a DNA GO board in it.

Nightmare to accomplish. I "sandwiched" the Go board on top of the OEM VV board (after reflowing off ALL of the surface mount components). Much tiny enamel wire soldering to keep the stock board, so i could use its onboard buttons.

View attachment 794231 View attachment 794235 View attachment 794237

Kudos :) looks like a major under taking!
How does it work? I heard the "Go Chip" has a narrow operating range for ohm resistance. USB port works? E-Scribe?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Kudos :) looks like a major under taking!
How does it work? I heard the "Go Chip" has a narrow operating range for ohm resistance. USB port works? E-Scribe?
It works just fine but it's not for me. I just can't get by with low wattage high nic vaping. I tried, i promise! I love semi restrictive DL vaping, that's my home...my safe place. DNA Go's resistance range>>>>> 0.2-0.4 ohms, and that's total resistance, not cold resistance. EScribe works through the OEM VV board's micro USB. That's where i used 37awg enamel wire to connect the Go board's USB pinout to the OEM VV USB. Like soldering hair from your head.......hated it.

Users who are viewing this thread