Evolv 'Kick' users ... I have a question about setting the output (voltage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am putting together a Caravella (clone) mechanical mod. The Efest batteries are rated at 3.7 volts. The problem is, that is not enough voltage for my Kanger AeroTank clearomizer.

From my previous experience with the AeroTank (with it's 2.0 ohm dual coils), it needs 4.5v to vape properly ... so I just ordered a Kick (ver 1) from the manufacturer in order to boost the voltage from 3.7 up to the needed 4.5

Here is my question: I understand that on the Kick, you set the watts to whatever you desire. Well, I would rather just set the volts to what I know I need for my AeroTank. Can I just adjust the knob on the Kick until it reads an output voltage of 4.5 when tested on my digital voltmeter? ....

Then when I know it is putting out 4.5 volts when the fire button is pressed on the Caravela, I can then attach my AeroTank and start vapping.

Anyone here just adjust the Kick for a certain output voltage and forget about the watts?

BTW ... I plan on using the Caravela 18650 size tube, and installing the Kick and an 18500 size Efest 1100 mAh battery in it.

Last edited:

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
This chart will make for a handy reference when you want to correlate your volts & watts...
So it would seem that a good point for you may be 10w on the Kick to get your desired 4.5v on your 2ohm atomizer.

tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

smokin1337

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA.
plus.google.com
If you figure out the wattage you don't need volts the kick will adjust that automagically. I rarely actually do the math I just adjust the wattage til I get what I want from it. With 2 ohms I would start around 10 watts and adjust it up til you are satisfied.

Just did the math to get your desired voltage you need 10.12 watts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
I would get used to just setting the wattage it will be easier in the end with the kick, its the best feature the kick has vw.

You are on the limit 4.5v/2ohms/10.125w you should have gone with the kick2 it has 15watts or the FT kick 12watts $8.

What battery size are using ?? and what caravela clone is it ??

Caravela is semi hard to kick not much space to kick it. My hcigar clone is impossible to kick with 18500 tube with a 18350 batt + kick2

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Last edited:

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
I am using a FastTech Caravela clone with 22mm tubes. I will use the 18650 size tube and install the Kick (ver 1) and an Efest IMR-18500 flat top battery (1100 mAh) in the tube. The battery is Li-Mn
Efest IMR 18500 V1 1100mAh 3.7V Rechargeable LiMn High Drain battery-Flat top-Efest battery for E-cigs

Since there are various versions of the Caravela clone ... Here is the one I ordered:
$21.96 Mixed Caravela Style Mechanical Mod Full Kit - 18350&18500&18650 tubes at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

That clone is the same as the hcigar one just but it has brass connections instead of silver plated ones.

Might need to make a new 510 pin, easy to make out of a brass m5 screw.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Thanks ... No problem on making a new pin so everything is flush when put together.

I do know there are a few various different Caravela clones out there. I am hoping I ordered one of the better ones. I did see one that the ship logo didn't look very good. Also another one that was 23mm instead of the 22mm mine is supposed to be.

I just hope I got the better of the fakes.

One more question ... How long do you think the Kick (ver 1) will last?

Also, once installed, I guess I really don't need to remove the Kick for anything?

Last edited:

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
One more question ... How long do you think the Kick (ver 1) will last?Also, once installed, I guess I really don't need to remove the Kick for anything?
I've been using mine daily for 18 months now. Once you find your sweet spot you will not have to change the setting but may want to take it out occasionally to clean the contacts. Hope that helps.:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread