Expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
I managed to get a black/black Grand during the Friday sale. Everything I have read about the Grand has been excellent. In fact, I think that I am expecting to much. When I get it, I am afraid that the Grand will not be able to live up to my pre-conceived notions of greatness.

I am currently using a Silver Bullet and a Goldrush with MAP tanks.

I guess I just want to be reassured by somebody............:blush:

Joe

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I managed to get a black/black Grand during the Friday sale. Everything I have read about the Grand has been excellent. In fact, I think that I am expecting to much. When I get it, I am afraid that the Grand will not be able to live up to my pre-conceived notions of greatness.

I am currently using a Silver Bullet and a Goldrush with MAP tanks.

I guess I just want to be reassured by somebody............:blush:

Joe

I know where you're coming from. I'm in the same situation. Almost. Not only do I have an all black Grand coming but also an all black Mini.

I also just received my Woodvill last weds. So I'm a step ahead in that I can see the appeal and convenience these mods provide. I haven't really been able to fully enjoy my Woodvil yet because I can't get past the smell of the oil in the wood. So I am still waiting for that tasty goodness.

I look at it this way, if I really don't find the bottom feeders are for me, there are plenty of people who are more than willing to show them the love they deserve.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I wasn't 100% sure before my woodvil arrived but I can assure you if you want a awesome vape with the ultimate simplicity a reo is it. Ive had the same atty on for 1.5 weeks now. No cleaning or messing with it. All I do is fill juice change battery that's it. My 510lr atty is a little modified don't know if that has anything to do with it lasting so long. But I assure you it is the easiest vaping exp I know of.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I don't think you will be disappointed. I have a new ProVari, a new GGTS with AVS and UFS tanks, a new GLV super Mini, other good PVs, all the MAP tanks, with Super ordered, various Storm tanks, to play with, a beautiful lefty Lacewood Phidias, two Nomads (loaners), a Don, eGos with anything new that comes out for them and I've barely played with any because of my Reos. They are not only works of art but the most hassle free PV you can experience, versatile, tough, and you can get just about any kind of vape using a Reo that you can imagine.

Lately I've been really busy. Everything else takes too much time and fiddling. Some of my mods are not "bullet proof" like the Reos.

Start off using a high drain 18650 battery (AW IMR suggested) and a range of 510 attys depending on what kind of TH you are used to. If you can do only one atty start with a 2.0 ohm. You may decide to move down or up in ohms. A lot of the "perfect" atty for each person depends on type of juice and vaping style.

There is a very high likelihood that you will become spoiled by a Reo as most of us have become. If I could choose only one PV it would be a toss up between the Reo Mini and Reo Grand. Luckily I don't have to choose so I usually have a Mini and Grand with me. My DH loves the pocket friendliness of the Mini.

I'm a Reo junkie and I'm not going to tell you how many we have but I usually only have a Grand and a Mini going at home and out and about, matching sets if I have same color of each, which I don't but working on it (I'm a female - we like to coordinate). I usually have one Woodvil loaded, at home too. Although the Reos feel wonderful in hand, the Woodvil is indescribable. They feel almost alive. I dropped my new Oak/Oak Woodvil into the spa the other night. It's perfectly fine but I don't want to do that again so Woodvils stay away from the pool and spa now.

If you find you don't adjust to the Reo (rare but it happens occasionally, actually very rarely) you won't have any problems finding someone who will be more than happy to take it off your hands, with no monetary loss to you. BTW... most people have only a very few moment to minutes of "adjustment".

Most people have very high expectations just as you do. Rarely are they disappointed.

Welcome to the Reo Family.

BTW.... My Tall Texan DH carried a purple Mini for a few months until I got him a black/silver. He almost didn't let me have "my purple" back. As we have a Black/silver Grand, now, he says he'll "let" me use "his" Mini when I want to carry a Black/silver set. He's not fond of the Green Mini so he will use the Silver or Purple (green is his least favorite color). More than likely he'll choose the Purple. I'm not letting him carry my 1st generation blue Mini because it is my "antique" and is extra special to me. My first new Reo, a Gold/black buff Grand and the re-homed older blue Mini arrived the same day so both of them are my "first" Reos and extra special friends.

Reo Junkie, Alice

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hi, Joe....Oklahoma?....me, too. I'm in Tulsa. I got a Mini about two months ago and it was a game-changer for me. It's an awesome little thing that works like a charm. Ended all the fiddling I've been doing for 9+ months now. And I got a Woodvil about a month later and it's even better! I don't think you'll be disappointed...these things are really, really solid, work exactly like they're supposed to, and are so handy you won't believe vaping can be this easy. The AW IMR 18650 batteries are perfect. Get some LR attys and you'll be set. These ARE as good as you think they're gonna be..... :)

Jan

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Hey JC. Always good to see another Okie. Down in the southeast corner here

Got the Grand this morning.... Expectations have been met. :)

Joe

Congratulations! I got mine today too and although the mini took me to vape nirvana -- the grand has taken me to vape paradise! So glad you're happy with it -- sometimes I think people think we Reonauts are overly enthusiastic about our Reos, but now you know why! Welcome :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Congratulations! I got mine today too and although the mini took me to vape nirvana -- the grand has taken me to vape paradise! So glad you're happy with it -- sometimes I think people think we Reonauts are overly enthusiastic about our Reos, but now you know why! Welcome :)

I've said on here before and others have agreed ..... If you own just a mini you missing out on something special :)

The Grand kicks .... and the woodvil tops the Grand.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
My Grand came today. Loaded up a LR Cisco 306, an AW 18650 (not even a high drain) and it hits pretty sweet. I've been rockin' it for the past 2 hours. I now know what all the fuss has been about. NOT dripping is NICE!!!

Ironically today, my Woodvil is also dry enough to vape without the oil smell. :vapor:

I'm VERY glad I also have a Mini on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread