Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbysmusclecar

Nov 26, 2010
California
I have done some natural tobacco extracts in the past 6 months, and have found a great recipe for those who DIY and want a cigarette close vape. All my extracts taste like the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes but with hints of ashy, burny and sweet mix to them. Here is the link of my first documentation of my first several extracts.

Extracting flavors naturally - Page 4

The process is simple, easy and a bit time consuming

Take 1 cup of tobacco
half a cup of alcohol
1 cup of VG

Place mix in any glass jar (Beaker, Mason Jar or what ever glass that can be capped)
Let sit for 30 - 45 days (depending on how bad you wanna wait)
Then sit the mix jar in boiling water for 25 minutes to kill the nicotine
once cooled to a temperature where you can handle it, filter it through coffee filters or very thin mesh filters made for coffee that I use several times to clean the extract free of tobacco particles.

Once done you will get a clear clean tobacco flavoring easy to use in any atty or carto, and mixes well in any variation of e-juice. I have tried 70/30, 50/50 and 100%VG mixes and vapes fine in each juice.
Tobacco extract and mix.jpg 5ml bottle.jpg 2012-01-28 12.15.33.jpg

Hope you DIY'ers enjoy this process I took the time coming up with.

Kirbysmusclecar

Nov 26, 2010
California
Why do you kill the nicotine? From what I have read, tobacco extractions give you a miniscule amount of nicotine, so mixed with your nic juice, it won't matter that much. Is there a reason to kill the nicotine other than worrying about too much nicotine in your juice?
I kill the nicotine because im already leaning to vaping no nicotine at all. So in the future i just need the flavoring. out of it.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I think the ethanol is going to get too much actual plant molecules, like proteins and polysaccharides. Neither ethanol or VG are getting nicotine in any significant quantities. Ethanol might get the tobacco specific nitrosamines (carcinogens), however, and if you are using American tobacco which is likely fermented, those are in elevated amounts.

You might try my tobacco essence, which is a fast cook in hot VG, then straining.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/99774-vg-pipe-tobacco-essense.html

Yours will probably taste great, but might get hard on attys (the tobacco essence certainly is), and you may be getting some bad compounds too. Just my opinion.

Kirbysmusclecar

Nov 26, 2010
California
Thanks for sharing this Kirby :) I don't know that I could wait that long-- you are patient. All extracted tobaccos are hard on cartos etc no matter what method used but so are alot of other flavorings. If it tastes good and keeps you off analogs its worth it. Can I ask what tobacco you are using?

My first couple experiments were done from Bugler rolling Turkish tobacco just to get an idea of how to do it. I later used some moist Kentucky, Virginia and other pipe tobaccos I picked up from a Tobacco shop. My method of extract came from food extracting really, I have done several fruits and plants to use the flavoring in food and eliquid. Waiting so long just allows the alcohol and VG to soak up the flavoring better. It was a long process but honestly when you just put it to the side time goes by pretty fast.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Lol not sure how that was meant to be put out, I may be new to ECF or post little but I have been around lurking the site for over a year and half.

Kirby thats the name of a thread by the original poster in the tobacco extraction forum-- he wasn't referring to you :)

Kirbysmusclecar

Nov 26, 2010
California
What happens to the alcohol? Does it evaporate when boiling? If not, isn't it now part of the juice? Am I missing something?

Alcohol like in foods become non existant since once boiled it has no effect compared if you just drank a beer. Heat kills alcohol also. I do not even have the alcohol smell in the flavorings because of it.

suziewright

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
I have done some natural tobacco extracts in the past 6 months, and have found a great recipe for those who DIY and want a cigarette close vape. All my extracts taste like the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes but with hints of ashy, burny and sweet mix to them. Here is the link of my first documentation of my first several extracts.

Extracting flavors naturally - Page 4

The process is simple, easy and a bit time consuming

Take 1 cup of tobacco
half a cup of alcohol
1 cup of VG

Place mix in any glass jar (Beaker, Mason Jar or what ever glass that can be capped)
Let sit for 30 - 45 days (depending on how bad you wanna wait)
Then sit the mix jar in boiling water for 25 minutes to kill the nicotine
once cooled to a temperature where you can handle it, filter it through coffee filters or very thin mesh filters made for coffee that I use several times to clean the extract free of tobacco particles.

Once done you will get a clear clean tobacco flavoring easy to use in any atty or carto, and mixes well in any variation of e-juice. I have tried 70/30, 50/50 and 100%VG mixes and vapes fine in each juice.
View attachment 80058 View attachment 80059 View attachment 80060

Hope you DIY'ers enjoy this process I took the time coming up with.

What type of alcohol?

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: deleted per Poster's Request

Edstasic

Jun 16, 2010
Mexico
Please read Kurt's topic too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/99774-vg-pipe-tobacco-essense.html theres some talk about using alcohol WHEN BOILING but it may be different when already boiled and just as an addition to the almost finished mix.

Apparently using alcohol in the first process might give us some very unwanted materials. Im by no means an expert so i might be terribly wrong but my best suggestion is to read that topic a very good read too.

Thank you for all this awesome info guys.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: deleted per Poster's Request
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread