Factory coil tank flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can usually bottom fill even if it's topfill if the airflow is below the coil, but honestly, it shouldn't be flooding much at all regardless of how you fill it (in my limited experience) but I guess it could happen. I bottom fill some of my topfill tanks but only because it's an easier take apart experience, not usually because of flooding, but I don't know that tank I don't think....

Anna

Reactions: r77r7r

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I've always closed the AF and then filled, leaving some space at the top.

Be sure (I'm sure you are) the coil is seated firmly but not overtightened, and the chimney seats properly.

About all I can offer man, one of the reasons I switched to RDAs.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Did you check all your o rings? Many times breaking down the tank and reassembling it will fix the problem.
    I did that when it dumped, but now it's a bad gurgling after refill that I'm trying to deal with. I assume it more user error than a tank problem. It's only my second clearo tank besides the bottom fill nautilus. Ty.

Reactions: stols001

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I did that when it dumped, but now it's a bad gurgling after refill that I'm trying to deal with. I assume it more user error than a tank problem. It's only my second clearo tank besides the bottom fill nautilus. Ty.

One the crown I close the AFC and fill the tank so that I have a little air space at the top of the tank. when I screw the cap on and feel the resistance from the o-ring I flip it and finish tightening the cap down and open the AFC. Fill it to high and the pressure forces liquid into the coil, leave some space forces air into the coil. Just my MO, it's worked so far.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    One the crown I close the AFC and fill the tank so that I have a little air space at the top of the tank. when I screw the cap on and feel the resistance from the o-ring I flip it and finish tightening the cap down and open the AFC. Fill it to high and the pressure forces liquid into the coil, leave some space forces air into the coil. Just my MO, it's worked so far.
    Ty, gotta work better than what I'm doing.

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2017
    If it has long nice threads it might seal before it's tight. If that's the case your last couple turns will force juice into your coil. My sherman does this. I tilt mine upside down and hit it a couple of times trying to dry out my coil a little. Then when I fill it the forced juice has somewhere to go. And then quickly hit it again when I'm finished. It's a con for juicing and a pro for priming coils.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread