• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm pretty good thanks. Life full of ups at the mo. Insurance all settled and I'm financially sound now. Moved home and living in a bungalow in a quiet village. Got the wife on vaping full time now. And I've stopped experimenting, red Astaire is my 99% vape, the FreeMax Starre Pure Sub Ohm tank is the only tank I'm using and loving it.
I've ordered 6 batteries from Fogstar, thanks for the help there.
Good so the usual members still here.
Good to hear things have been going well! Hope you're done with surgery too ;)

Reactions: e-pipeman

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
All surgery on hold for now. Been told I'll probably need new knees in about 5 years, spine might need some freezing and ankle but I'm hoping I can avoid it all as long as possible. There's no real problems I can't handle yet so it's chin up carry on. No point in worrying about things that aren't a problem yet.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
All surgery on hold for now. Been told I'll probably need new knees in about 5 years, spine might need some freezing and ankle but I'm hoping I can avoid it all as long as possible. There's no real problems I can't handle yet so it's chin up carry on. No point in worrying about things that aren't a problem yet.
Very true! Good to hear that for the time being at least, you're free of such things :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
@Pictor

Which is best Trish, Claire's Ambrosia or Welsh custard?

If i remember correctly from past post`s George i think Trish prefers the former. I like the Welsh Custard, and it may just be me but i find it`s got a slight Chemic taste, so looking forward to making some of Claire`s when i get chance :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
@Pictor
Which is best Trish, Claire's Ambrosia or Welsh custard?
I still like Welsh Custard, but Claire's Ambrosia is favourite ...just made another 300ml @18% a few days ago, and been using it from fresh (it steeps nicely while I use it, but tastes good right away!)
Some days I mostly use the Ambrosia and little else.
Sorry for delay in replying - I haven't been getting notifications despite having the right email address and being subscribed to the thread!

If i remember correctly from past post`s George i think Trish prefers the former. I like the Welsh Custard, and it may just be me but i find it`s got a slight Chemic taste, so looking forward to making some of Claire`s when i get chance :)
You're right about my favourite of the two ...of any but MCV at the moment in fact.
Hadn't noticed any chemical taste from Welsh custard last time I used it though.

There's a delivery man who asked a few weeks ago what I was baking ...he thought it was vanilla cakes! I did enlighten him though, and he was really amused ...ever since, he says he loves the smell from our house when I open the door :)

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Reactions: e-pipeman

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Brilliant - It still works. Thanks :) - I ordered a red one. I don't need the high wattage, but that's a great price.
Great minds think alike - I went for a red one, too!

If you use an 18650 in it then the maximum wattage is 75 - but that doesn't matter to tootle-puffers like us! :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Great minds think alike - I went for a red one, too!
If you use an 18650 in it then the maximum wattage is 75 - but that doesn't matter to tootle-puffers like us! :)
The red one was most appealing to me. Black dismal, white just not 'me' :) I think I will be just using it with 18650's - no point for me getting the more powerful batteries. As you say, we don't need more.
I still have a spare unused Nautilus 2 - a grey one.

Whenever my sister visits, she remarks how the house always smells of cake:)
:) That delivery man here isn't the first one to ask if we were baking cakes! When I was using the Ambrosia a few hours after mixing it, my husband said he could smell buttercream! ...that merged into the right smell by the next day.
He used to like the smell of Strawberry Vapetto too ...and identified it correctly as an ice cream! Think I could do with making some of that as it's some time since I had any.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well, the Aspire NX100 came today. First thoughts - it's heavy. Second thoughts - vapes very well, and unlike so many these days there is a Voltage option rather than just watts or fancy metals.
It does vape very well and has a huge colour display that you can pimp.
I feel that this is a very good "by the chair" mod rather than a "wander about with it" mod.
I like it a lot! :)
If i fear anything it is that the huge colour display may eat the battery.

Update: Sat at 7.53 pm. I shouldn't have worried about the battery - still using it now! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pictor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread