• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Forgot to say, i got mail yesterday ! 26 awg Kanthal. IMO the Kanthal gives a lot more flavour than 316, and is much easier to work with. Needed 18 wraps of ss to get around the 1 ohm mark, opposed to 10 wraps of Kanthal @ 2.5 id.
First thing i did was wrap said coil, came in at 1.1, so stuck it on an old istick 20 then put it in line for my bedtime vape ( RY ..... ).
I must admit i was well chuffed with it, more flavour/clouds at 18.5 watts than i was getting with my sig 100 @ 32 watts with the 316.
I did my evic mini earlier with my early morning vape ( Lews Brew ) looking forward to that Tomorrow, and only 6 Bellus left to do now. :D

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
On another point how long before I should change my Samsung 25R batteries as the seem to not last as long now?
How many have you got? What charger do you use?
I have sixteen of these batteries eight of which are several years old. The older ones may last a few minutes less than the newer ones, but I still get most of a day out of a battery.
When I get towards the end of a charge I finish off with 0.5 amp which seems to fill them fully and keep them going for longer. I find that if you charge to 100% on 2 amp, take them out and put them straight back in they show around 90% full. I finish them off to 100% again on 0.5 amp and they stay full that way.
The older ones did become less efficient until I used the 0.5 amp top off method.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
9 and I rotate them about once a day with a Xstar VC4 charger 3 at a time with 0.5A charge. I use 3 at a time which used to last 2 days but about a day now. Fogstar is recommending 3-6 months to replace them which is why I asked here.
Like Pipe, i`ve had mine for 2 - 3 years now and still going strong. In fact i don`t remember when i last bought some :)

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

I think this is one of the smallest dual battery mods available Terry.
For the price it's OK,eleaf don't make s**t.But it's probably not super quality.

$29.93 Authentic Eleaf Invoke 220W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-220W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

@terry w Sorry mate, was at a wedding in Santorini, then when I got back had to work in the cafe to cover for those who stayed longer, but I think Pipey and George had it covered on small box mods

Thanks Boys, i`ll keep looking around :) Hope you had a nice time Bob and welcome home !

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread