• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
It could be that people are being put off by the tiny amount of time that alerts seem to stay valid for these days. If you've been away for a while the alerts don't seem to show up - and old alerts seem to have been "tidied away" so that you can't just click on one of them to take you roughly back to where you were. This might just be me - but it seems a bit odd.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Where`s Trisha ? Hope she`s ok, not been on here for a good while now !

June 7th - think she may have given up on us

Can`t see her giving up on us Bob, maybe unwell with the hot weather, as she does have breathing trouble, hope she`s ok in any case :)

I agree,i don't think Trish would have given up on the place.Like Terry said that hot spell knocked a lot of people for six.And worse.

It could be that people are being put off by the tiny amount of time that alerts seem to stay valid for these days. If you've been away for a while the alerts don't seem to show up - and old alerts seem to have been "tidied away" so that you can't just click on one of them to take you roughly back to where you were. This might just be me - but it seems a bit odd.

How nice of you all to miss me :) No, of course I hadn't given up on you all. I haven't had any notifications for a long while ...I assumed no-one had posted, but did mean to check, then got tied up with other things.

Last April I had to find a tree surgeon to fell a 25 year old eucalyptus tree that was lifting the outer garden wall in the corner, and in May, I began sourcing local tradesmen for replacement of fascias/soffits, guttering etc. Ridge tiles, and also the painting of the render on the upper half of the house.
Takes some time to check out a number to request a quote from, and some didn't even bother to reply (I used their message facility on their Facebook pages and included a photo of the house) Seems everyone is really busy during the summer months for exterior work, so funnily enough, we ended up with my first choice, and found the company also could include the render painting. He came to measure and prepare a quote, and then brought the painter to also assess his part of the quote. We accepted it and on July 14th the scaffolders came and put scaffold around all 4 sides ...really hot weekend, and I found that I couldn't breathe when I laid down that night. By next day, I couldn't walk more than a few steps before getting out of breath again. It made me really tired. Spoke to the doctor, and she gave me an appointment the next day with the practitioner nurse for spirometry tests etc., and it was poor compared to a year ago. She thought that the very high pollen, leaf mould from pruning I'd done, dust from scaffolding and poor air quality had caused a quite bad asthma attack.
She gave me more inhalers and a steroid one ..just a child's dose because of the side effects I get with steroids, and so far I think I'm tolerating it, and have improved a fair bit, but not back to where I was. I do have a few tummy problems though, and thin it may be that. We'll see - I have to go back to see her on Thursday.
Apparently there is a tablet they can prescribe to use alongside Ventolin, but they aren't allowed to give it unless you are also on a steroid inhaler! She implied that if I could tolerate even a small amount, she may be able to prescribe them.

The builders were with us for 2.5 weeks, and did an excellent job. He just came for payment yesterday, and we'll use him again for anything else we need. He seems to have a tradesman for most things.

On July 14th when I first had the asthma attack, I realised I'd either have to stop using E. Cigs or find something nearer to the cig. size ones I had in the beginning.
I already had a Vype pen unused, so started to use that, and there was an offer on from Blu that had a free basic Blu pod starter kit. Both are fine, but I worry about the amount of PG in them - it's a bit higher than I'm used to.
I now have a JustFog Minifit and a joyetech Exceed edge (both from fasttech) - the edge needs a replaceable coil in the pod and the Minifit has a coil built into the replacement pods. Using less than I did with box mods, it's no big deal, and they're refillable, so I can still make my own. Only had them a few days, but so far, I'm pleased with them ...and with not using too much and on low powered batteries, I don't have to refill them too often.
Not sure if I can give up altogether, but I'll see if I can cope with what I am using. I'm not using my favourite custards at the moment, because they seemed to irritate my lungs even more - I don't inhale as such, but some must get in, and I'm not finding a particular problem with a raspberry doughnut and LCCC ..haven't tried anything else yet.

Vertigo has been bothering me, but the hot weather didn't help and I also got too hot having lunch in the garden on Saturday, and that left me light headed for a few hours.
Also, I've lost around 24 hours sleep while the builders were here because they arrived every day at 8 am, and as many people know, I work late and sleep late ...even when I'm not working, so lost 2 hours each day they were here. Despite being so dead on my feet, I find myself half awake at around 8 am, so it's hard to get back to my normal sleep pattern, and I'm having to sleep propped up on three pillows to breathe more freely.
Hopefully, a week of proper sleep will see me feeling less tired, and with luck, I'll improve a fair bit with breathing.

Looks as though all of you are OK :)

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
How nice of you all to miss me :) No, of course I hadn't given up on you all. I haven't had any notifications for a long while ...I assumed no-one had posted, but did mean to check, then got tied up with other things.

Last April I had to find a tree surgeon to fell a 25 year old eucalyptus tree that was lifting the outer garden wall in the corner, and in May, I began sourcing local tradesmen for replacement of fascias/soffits, guttering etc. Ridge tiles, and also the painting of the render on the upper half of the house.
Takes some time to check out a number to request a quote from, and some didn't even bother to reply (I used their message facility on their Facebook pages and included a photo of the house) Seems everyone is really busy during the summer months for exterior work, so funnily enough, we ended up with my first choice, and found the company also could include the render painting. He came to measure and prepare a quote, and then brought the painter to also assess his part of the quote. We accepted it and on July 14th the scaffolders came and put scaffold around all 4 sides ...really hot weekend, and I found that I couldn't breathe when I laid down that night. By next day, I couldn't walk more than a few steps before getting out of breath again. It made me really tired. Spoke to the doctor, and she gave me an appointment the next day with the practitioner nurse for spirometry tests etc., and it was poor compared to a year ago. She thought that the very high pollen, leaf mould from pruning I'd done, dust from scaffolding and poor air quality had caused a quite bad asthma attack.
She gave me more inhalers and a steroid one ..just a child's dose because of the side effects I get with steroids, and so far I think I'm tolerating it, and have improved a fair bit, but not back to where I was. I do have a few tummy problems though, and thin it may be that. We'll see - I have to go back to see her on Thursday.
Apparently there is a tablet they can prescribe to use alongside Ventolin, but they aren't allowed to give it unless you are also on a steroid inhaler! She implied that if I could tolerate even a small amount, she may be able to prescribe them.

The builders were with us for 2.5 weeks, and did an excellent job. He just came for payment yesterday, and we'll use him again for anything else we need. He seems to have a tradesman for most things.

On July 14th when I first had the asthma attack, I realised I'd either have to stop using E. Cigs or find something nearer to the cig. size ones I had in the beginning.
I already had a Vype pen unused, so started to use that, and there was an offer on from Blu that had a free basic Blu pod starter kit. Both are fine, but I worry about the amount of PG in them - it's a bit higher than I'm used to.
I now have a JustFog Minifit and a Joyetech Exceed edge (both from Fasttech) - the edge needs a replaceable coil in the pod and the Minifit has a coil built into the replacement pods. Using less than I did with box mods, it's no big deal, and they're refillable, so I can still make my own. Only had them a few days, but so far, I'm pleased with them ...and with not using too much and on low powered batteries, I don't have to refill them too often.
Not sure if I can give up altogether, but I'll see if I can cope with what I am using. I'm not using my favourite custards at the moment, because they seemed to irritate my lungs even more - I don't inhale as such, but some must get in, and I'm not finding a particular problem with a raspberry doughnut and LCCC ..haven't tried anything else yet.

Vertigo has been bothering me, but the hot weather didn't help and I also got too hot having lunch in the garden on Saturday, and that left me light headed for a few hours.
Also, I've lost around 24 hours sleep while the builders were here because they arrived every day at 8 am, and as many people know, I work late and sleep late ...even when I'm not working, so lost 2 hours each day they were here. Despite being so dead on my feet, I find myself half awake at around 8 am, so it's hard to get back to my normal sleep pattern, and I'm having to sleep propped up on three pillows to breathe more freely.
Hopefully, a week of proper sleep will see me feeling less tired, and with luck, I'll improve a fair bit with breathing.

I'm sorry to hear of the breathing difficulties you have had and hope that everything settles down for you again now that the weather is starting to cool and the tradesmen are gone.
We're having similar work done at the moment (rerender patches outside, paint exterior of house, stain wooden fascia boards(scaffolding), stain balustrade wood etc) and although it's great when the work is done it's also great when it's not happening!
There's nothing more important than sleep and I hope that your regular pattern resumes shortly.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

I now have a JustFog Minifit and a Joyetech Exceed edge (both from Fasttech) - the edge needs a replaceable coil in the pod and the Minifit has a coil built into the replacement pods. Using less than I did with box mods, it's no big deal, and they're refillable, so I can still make my own. Only had them a few days, but so far, I'm pleased with them ...and with not using too much and on low powered batteries, I don't have to refill them too often.

Good to see you Back Trish, you had me worried there :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm sorry to hear of the breathing difficulties you have had and hope that everything settles down for you again now that the weather is starting to cool and the tradesmen are gone.
We're having similar work done at the moment (rerender patches outside, paint exterior of house, stain wooden fascia boards(scaffolding), stain balustrade wood etc) and although it's great when the work is done it's also great when it's not happening!
There's nothing more important than sleep and I hope that your regular pattern resumes shortly.
Thanks. I was doing fairly well, and the low dose steroid inhaler gradually making a difference, but the weekend set me back when I had two days trying to clean in the house and get rid of almost three weeks of dust and grime. The cleaning stuff really affected me, so back to gradually improving again.
Goodness knows when I can easily walk the dog again, far less use the water rower I've had on hire! Never mind, could be worse.

Must say, we'd had enough by the time the work was finished.

I slept very soundly last night, so hope to get more nights of the same, and may start to feel better for it.

Welcome back Trish.
South Coast Vapes at Chefs......Yay!!!:banana:
Thanks George! I noticed the South Coast at Chefs. I fancy trying the $5 shake, but using a few % more than they did. I need to be careful with strawberry though.

Good to see you Back Trish, you had me worried there :laugh:
Sorry Terry - With sorting out builders and painters I forgot to take a look when I though no-one had posted anything :)
It was pretty bad on July 14th,but I'm much better now, and hopefully, even more so before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread