FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Whenever my orders stall at a USPS destination I find calling works wonders. Granted you will receive the obligatory BS that is is not late yet and they can't do anything until it is overdue, making an inquiry greases the wheels or puts a finger on the start button for the stalled belt it is sitting on.

Good luck with that, called the other day cause a shipment was delayed......50 min. wait time, called Sat, the next day 1h10min wait time. Sent an email, never responded but managed to send me a survey about rating their response two days later.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Good luck with that, called the other day cause a shipment was delayed......50 min. wait time, called Sat, the next day 1h10min wait time. Sent an email, never responded but managed to send me a survey about rating their response two days later.

Last time I called there was a wait time so I chose the option to get a call back and they did call back. Did not help that my package was taking a scenic tour of New York State though! Only explanation I received was someone put it in the wrong bin out of JFK.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Last time I called there was a wait time so I chose the option to get a call back and they did call back. Did not help that my package was taking a scenic tour of New York State though! Only explanation I received was someone put it in the wrong bin out of JFK.

As of Fri and Sat of last week, getting a call back isn't an option. It just said stay on the line, don't know if they are overloaded and the option is disabled or if the system was messed up.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I had a good experience with our local USPS last summer.
    The tracking showed it as "delivered", but there was no package in the mailbox.
    Called the post office, answered on the third ring.
    Told them the situation, gave them the tracking #, address etc...."hold the line"
    Came back and said "yes, I see your package was delivered to someone with the same last name, a few streets over. I'll send someone out to pick it up and deliver it to you."
    45 minutes later it was delivered to me.
    The mail person said when a package is scanned with their hand held scanner, it gives GPS coordinates of the location.
    Wish they could tell me where my package from China is, that shipped Nov 24....

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    www.forsakengamingnation.com
    As of Fri and Sat of last week, getting a call back isn't an option. It just said stay on the line, don't know if they are overloaded and the option is disabled or if the system was messed up.
    looks like the USPS system is screwed up I have informed delivery and have not been able to get that page to load for a week now and it is not kicking out emails like it should I got mail today just not my order from FT that should have been there. but hey it is the holidays and apparently, the USPS did not get the memo that vape mail is the highest priority and that they should express drop it even if they have to swim a lake of toxic waste that has sharks with freaking lasers

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    looks like the USPS system is screwed up I have informed delivery and have not been able to get that page to load for a week now and it is not kicking out emails like it should I got mail today just not my order from FT that should have been there. but hey it is the holidays and apparently, the USPS did not get the memo that vape mail is the highest priority and that they should express drop it even if they have to swim a lake of toxic waste that has sharks with freaking lasers

Yeah, I get they're busy but at the same time, there's no excuse for poor service. I had an order from Mt. Baker that took 10 days after they received it. I know I live in the country in Alabama but I ain't that far out here, lol.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    Yeah, I get they're busy but at the same time, there's no excuse for poor service. I had an order from Mt. Baker that took 10 days after they received it. I know I live in the country in Alabama but I ain't that far out here, lol.

well that is the other point they know it is coming every year UPS and FedEx higher extra people

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    well that is the other point they know it is coming every year UPS and FedEx higher extra people

On a side note, just saw you're from Texas. I used to do a lot of business with Primary Arms out of Houston, now they could get stuff out the door and to your house.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    USPS loves the scenic routes. I live in North Alabama, I've had shipments go Cali>Texas>Tenn, Memphis then Nashville>Georgia, Atlanta>Alabama, Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, then to me.

I laugh every time I read how they're losing money, the powers that be obviously have no idea how to read a map, cause Nashville is only 1 1/2 hrs. north of me and 2 hrs. north of Huntsville and Atlanta is about 6hrs. south east from me. I get shipping lanes but hauling things 100's of miles past their destination and back makes no sense, weight costs fuel.
    I'm at the other end of the state from you, and it ain't much better here. That is, until it gets in the truck driven by my route carrier. That guy is solid gold and has never lost stuff. Of mine, anyway.

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    I'm at the other end of the state from you, and it ain't much better here. That is, until it gets in the truck driven by my route carrier. That guy is solid gold and has never lost stuff. Of mine, anyway.
    I count myself lucky when mine shows up at all everyone in my neighborhood has complained about this guy for years and they do nothing except tell us all how he is the best carrier they have if that is true I hate to see the worst.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    That guy is solid gold and has never lost stuff. Of mine, anyway.
    Your lucky.We used to have a great carrier,not sure what happened to him,but now they have decided to make our neighborhood a training route.Our mail used to be here every day at 9:30 in the morning,you could set a clock off the guy he was so consistent haha,now,it might be here at 10,maybe 2,or i've even seen it as late as 7pm,and if we are lucky,our mail will actually get delivered to us,and not some random house a block away.In the past few months,i've had to run out and find the carrier of the day to make them go get packages that they delivered to wrong houses.I get the delivery texts pretty quick after they scan them,so i can usually get lucky and catch them before they leave the area.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I love my mail carrier, she's awesome. .. I love USPS. .. I've honestly rarely had a problem with them.. once or twice something got put on the wrong truck (once a package coming from Georgia went to Miami Fl. Before they turned it around... lol.. I guess they decided my package might like a little fun in the sun before coming here ) but those are rare occasions. .. very rare considering how much business I do with USPS - as a matter of fact I've had so few problems out of them I prefer to use them over FedEx or UPS when given the choice.... who have definitely given me more problems.

As a matter of fact the UPS driver has actually stopped here to give my husband the UPS packages for his work, so he (the UPS driver) doesn't have to drive all the way up the mountain. . Lol... no time to actually deliver stuff to the right place now! Hahaha.

Yeah... I like USPS so much - every one can hate on me now... lol

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    I love my mail carrier, she's awesome. .. I love USPS. .. I've honestly rarely had a problem with them.. once or twice something got put on the wrong truck (once a package coming from Georgia went to Miami Fl. Before they turned it around... lol.. I guess they decided my package might like a little fun in the sun before coming here ) but those are rare occasions. .. very rare considering how much business I do with USPS - as a matter of fact I've had so few problems out of them I prefer to use them over FedEx or UPS when given the choice.... who have definitely given me more problems.

As a matter of fact the UPS driver has actually stopped here to give my husband the UPS packages for his work, so he (the UPS driver) doesn't have to drive all the way up the mountain. . Lol... no time to actually deliver stuff to the right place now! Hahaha.

I’ll stick up for ya. Maybe it just dumb luck but I’ve had almost zero problems with the postal service as well. Had a few shipments where there were issues with tracking but the packages arrived anyway and in a timely manner. I’d grudgingly use FedEx if I had to. UPS no way. I won’t even buy from somewhere that ships UPS.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I think that USPS is going to get mail to you.... On their time frame and terms. I understand delays of some sort with the Christmas season, but I do think it's unfair that they will prioritize guaranteed shipping (that is tracked) over airmail, but things are what they are.

My informed delivery hasn't been working out so well.... The last couple times I have EVEN been able to log on there was some blanket statement about "Understanding this is an estimate only and even if it shows as "delivered"' or "on the way" it may still be a day or two out from arrival."

My only question then is, WHY have the service. There's no point "tracking" everything "carefully" and then saying it's going to be inaccurate--- ?? Have the trackers out delivering mail then!

I do try to be understanding of the season and all, and even with one of the tiniest "regional" USPS offices that "makes up" their hours (and I do mean it, I have gone there on occasion to send stuff, only to be confronted with a sign that says, (scrawled, handwritten) "today's hours are...." I still think USPS does a better job most times than not. But, I'm trying quite hard to be charitable here... If you had asked me what I thought about USPS right AFTER I encountered the sign, well, it may have been quite different.

Anna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama

I've had few problems with them considering how much I've sent/received through them. The main thing with USPS, is what level of shipping is used. I usually go flat rate when sending, not a horrible price and fast. First Class though is another story and I hate it when people ship that way, priority is getting about as bad.

I'm not usually a person that needs it now but I firmly believe, the less time in transit the better. It just drops the chances of being broken or abused, usually. I ordered my niece and nephew some gold panning kits from Cabela's for Christmas, the packaging they were in was destroyed. Now everything was there (not broken) but not pretty for gifts, Cabela's did tell me to keep and got my $50 back. So maybe USPS helped me out on that one, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread