Faulty switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
I received today my order from Cloud 9. I got an Alpha Ultra w/RES, the Alpha Atom Interface with switch, 14500 batteries, the charger... pretty much everything I needed to start vaping.

Following the manual I assembled the unit, charged the batteries, primed the atomizer (Joye 510 LR) and... when trying to prime the atomizer I found out that the switch was not working.

I tried in every possible way but it's definitely not working. I proceeded to take out the switch from the Atom Interface and put it inside the RES. Everything is working fine.

Now... both switches don't have brass contacts, they look like silver (I guess it's stainless steel) but one, when I press the coil, make some sort of metallic contac sound, while the other (the one not working) makes a dull sound.

By looking at the faulty one, I see that the pin that should contact the atomizer is not perfectly aligned. I'll try providing a picture later on...

What can I do? I don't like the idea of having a DOA switch, although for now I can vape with the other one.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I received today my order from Cloud 9. I got an Alpha Ultra w/RES, the Alpha Atom Interface with switch, 14500 batteries, the charger... pretty much everything I needed to start vaping.

Following the manual I assembled the unit, charged the batteries, primed the atomizer (Joye 510 LR) and... when trying to prime the atomizer I found out that the switch was not working.

I tried in every possible way but it's definitely not working. I proceeded to take out the switch from the Atom Interface and put it inside the RES. Everything is working fine.

Now... both switches don't have brass contacts, they look like silver (I guess it's stainless steel) but one, when I press the coil, make some sort of metallic contac sound, while the other (the one not working) makes a dull sound.

By looking at the faulty one, I see that the pin that should contact the atomizer is not perfectly aligned. I'll try providing a picture later on...

What can I do? I don't like the idea of having a DOA switch, although for now I can vape with the other one.

You will just have to contact cloud 9, or apex vapor to get a replacement sent out to you.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
You will just have to contact cloud 9, or apex vapor to get a replacement sent out to you.
Cloud 9 specifically states that the support has to come from the producer...
cloud9 said:
For your complete peace of mind, all warranty and service issues are handled directly by the designer and manufacturer ApexVapor.

Isn't Innovapor the manufacturer?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Cloud 9 specifically states that the support has to come from the producer...

Isn't Innovapor the manufacturer?

No ApexVapor is the manufacturer and InnoVapor is the distributor. You will need to email ApexVapor about the warranty issue, but also cc support@innovapor.com. The guys over at ApexVapor are extremely busy and if you cc InnoVapor you will most likely get a reply back much faster. I will let Mark know he should expect a email from you shortly. Together we will get your issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread