favourite wick for unflavoured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive tried a few different brands and some wicks enhance the flavour and some taste like what I imagine cat wee might taste like if you vaped it, or a bit like what I imagine sucking on a dirty dish rag or wet sock.
Just wondering what brands of cotton any non flavoured vapers ended up on.
So far Im happy using Candy Cotton but have a few bundles of other brands I dont think I would use unless things got dire, kendo I find to be quite yuck.
Just looking for some options to try out.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
  • Agree
Reactions: Dougiestyle

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I do have rayon. Its not my favourite. Its okay though. I am using it in one VV Berserkers right now. I get the appeal of it. Its consistent and it lasts!

It wasnt Kendo I found to be a bit yuck, its okay for taste, not as smooth as candy cotton.
Some of the cottons I dont like I just hit with flavoured juice when Im wicking and it masks the off flavour of the cotton.

I was just curious what other vapers who vape unflavoured prefer for wicks.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've bought the following ones from Amazon and can't tell a difference in taste between the them. I vape almost 100% unflavored juice. I use flavored for a few days, a few times/year, but always look forward to returning to unflavored.

To be honest, I've never tried rayon, or the 'fancy' cottons sold in the pouches for vaping. Just KGD or similar cotton pads bought in a large bag. I've never tasted anything strange with them. Not to assume anything, make sure you wash you hands well before handling your cotton, use a dedicated clean pair of scissors (vpaing use only), etc. It's surprising how even when you think your hands a clean, it can leave a bad taste on the cotton, especially with unflavored juice. No flavoring to cover up the oils and the like from your fingers.

https://www.amazon.com/Makeup-Facia...8&qid=1543952131&sr=8-13&keywords=cotton+pads

https://www.amazon.com/Koh-Gen-Do-P...=1543952226&sr=8-3&keywords=koh+gen+do+cotton

https://www.amazon.com/ORGANIC-Cott...=1543952226&sr=8-8&keywords=koh+gen+do+cotton

The above all have worked well for me. Currently working on a box of KGD, but a bag of the Puffs is next in line.

Sometimes, the cotton coming in bags has been crushed some during shipping, my last two orders from Amazon came shipped in plastic bags. It's still all good, just fluff it up. Or, sometimes I order the KGD in the box and that's not an issue. Even at $15 for a box of KGD, that's a long lasting supply of cotton for the $$$.

Reactions: Jebbn

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
After trying out various wicking materials, I've come back to Organic Cotton Puff pads. Clean taste, wicks like a dream, thickness of the wick is fast and easy to measure/cut, and on top of that it's inexpensive.
Muji and KohGenDo are fine as well, but they're more expensive without any advantages over Puff.
Ymmv of course.

Reactions: Jebbn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread