FDA bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just got into e cigs I been smoking for 8 years. I tried everything to quit from patches to pills nothing worked until I tried e cigs. I am happy to say I'm one month clean. I been reading about the bans they want to put on e cigs. Now I am a father myself I would not want my son to smoke. I hated the helpless feeling I had trying to sell off what I could to buy a pack or going thru nasty cig butts. I would never want him to go through that but I know that when he gets older I can educate him why not to do something by I can't stop him. Banning e juice flavors would be the worst for me sad to say without the flavors I would probably go back to regular cigs. I know that our youth is important but underage drinking is illegal but kids stil do It under age smoking (cigs and drugs) is illegal but kids will still do it. It is our responsibility as parents to monitor what our kids buy. You don't want them to smoke don't give them money if your afraid friends are giving it to them turn there rooms apart. Needless to say be a parent. Don't ban something that adults like just cause kids like it to. Kids smoke even though its regular or menthol. Banning flavors won't help if they want it they will try it. We can't stop our kids. Sorry to say but they go behind our backs I did and I'm sure a lot of you did. Thank you for reading I just wanted to get it out there

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi I just got into e cigs I been smoking for 8 years I tried everything to quit from patches to pills nothing worked until I tried e cigs I happy to say I'm one month clean I been reading about the bans they want to put on e cigs now I am a father myself I would not want my son to smoke I hated the helpless feeling I had trying to sell off what I could to buy a pack or going thru nasty cig butts I would never want him to go through that but I know that when he gets older I can educate him why not to do something by I can't stop him banning e juice flavors would be the worst for me sad to say without the flavors I would probably go back to regular cigs I know that our youth is important but underage drinking is illegal but kids stil do It under age smoking cigs and drugs is illegal but kids will still do it it is our responsibility as parents to monitor what our kids buy you don't want them to smoke don't give them money if your afraid friends are giving it to them turn there rooms apart needless to say be a parent don't ban something that adults like just cause kids like it to n

Just Curious?

Is the Period Key Stuck on your Keyboard?

Morrolon

Jul 10, 2014
Torrance, CA, USA
As a father myself, I would have to agree with you CJ Evans. A parent should always have an idea of what their kids are into. We may not always be on top of everything, but I don't see litigation as a valid solution to that problem.

Also, I always thought the "flavors marketing to kids" thing is just propaganda. If you take a look at the current vodka market you'll see flavors like cotton candy and whipped cream, yet you don't see any advocacy groups griping about that. Sometimes I think people need to take a step back and really think about what kinds of laws we're backing. Allowing the government to police peoples' personal habits is way too intrusive and just chips away at our freedom IMO.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry using an old iPhone doesn't work so well ill try to fix

No Worries. But it was Kinda Hard to Read. ;)

As to All Out Bans?

I don't think we are going to see Complete Bans so much as a Drastic Reduction of e-Liquid Flavor Choices, Limits of Nicotine Levels, and the Big One - Maybe No Internet Sales.

ETA: As supertrunker mentioned, it was just the FDA Public Comment Period that just Ended.

Now the FDA Writes the Rules and Regulations and has to present them to Congress for Approval. And at that time, Congress can Approve them as is. Or Ask the FDA to go back and Make Additions or Amendments.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was reading articals posted yesterday about 29 state attorney generals wanting more regulations and one of the is from my state. In there letter they state getting rid of all flavors except tobacco and menthol. I love my flavors I have. I think underage sales should be prohibited. Just not flavors.

Flavors are Definitely part of the Battle over e-Liquids. And I am with your 100% on the No Under Aged Sales.

But the Under Aged Sales angle is what Many see as a Justification for No Internet Sales. And that All must be Face-to-Face.

Which is kinda Crazy when you consider that there should be a Higher Standard to Buy an e-Liquid than there should be to buy a Bottle of Booze over the Internet.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Hi I just got into e cigs I been smoking for 8 years. I tried everything to quit from patches to pills nothing worked until I tried e cigs. I am happy to say I'm one month clean. I been reading about the bans they want to put on e cigs. Now I am a father myself I would not want my son to smoke. I hated the helpless feeling I had trying to sell off what I could to buy a pack or going thru nasty cig butts. I would never want him to go through that but I know that when he gets older I can educate him why not to do something by I can't stop him. Banning e juice flavors would be the worst for me sad to say without the flavors I would probably go back to regular cigs. I know that our youth is important but underage drinking is illegal but kids stil do It under age smoking (cigs and drugs) is illegal but kids will still do it. It is our responsibility as parents to monitor what our kids buy. You don't want them to smoke don't give them money if your afraid friends are giving it to them turn there rooms apart. Needless to say be a parent. Don't ban something that adults like just cause kids like it to. Kids smoke even though its regular or menthol. Banning flavors won't help if they want it they will try it. We can't stop our kids. Sorry to say but they go behind our backs I did and I'm sure a lot of you did. Thank you for reading I just wanted to get it out there

Well, that fight is just beginning. The current phase was public comment on draft regulations. We are talking a bureaucracy here, the wheels turn slowly.

Join CASAA: http://casaa.org

Make your voice heard. Nothing's been banned yet. Nor even regulated yet. We ain't whipped yet. And I hate to tell 'em but they got a real fight on their hands. I tried every other way to quit smoking. This worked. Nothing else did. This is no abstract policy fight, this is me fighting for my life. And I'm not alone.

And, yah, me too. I went behind my parents' backs. And it was illegal even then for me to buy cigs. Fat lot of good "law" did stopping me. Heh, and my mom was a nurse. She woulda blown her stack like a nuke going off. I did it anyway.

This ain't over. Hell, it's just barely gotten started...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
please forgive us that are stuck between the typewriter age and the inter net age. we are all stuck in the pager age when all punctuation was dropped for brevity.
regards
mikr

No Worries.

I just Wondered if maybe it was a Hardware Issue? I know that the Caps Key on my Keyboard is kinda Wonky.

;)

I'm a mother to three, and all of them have watched me smoke and struggle to quit. They also all agree they have no interest in smoking vaping .. whatever.

The FDA will most likely ban flavors at the very least. The government apparently believes that we can't teach our children right from wrong, so they are gong to do it for us. Not a big an of that. Personal responsibility went out of fashion a good 20 years ago ....

Pity

Indie

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
They actually ruled out banning flavors this round. And if they tried, I want to know how, exactly, they intend to enforce that. Vape flavorings are baking supplies. For real. Candy makers use the exact same flavorings. How, exactly, will they stop me mixing flavors into my nic juice? License candy makers? Require prescriptions to buy from LorAnn? What?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... How, exactly, will they stop me mixing flavors into my nic juice? ...

They Can't. And they Know this.

So a Better Approach (if this is what someone wants to do) is to Ban the Sale of Nicotine in Liquid Bottled Form.

This, of Course, would be a Worse Case Scenario.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just don't think there is going to be a Big Fuss over the Hardware.

You can sell a Vaporizer to Vaporize the Thing we Can't talk about here on the ECF. The FDA has No Authority over it. And I'm sure there will be VV "Flashlights" sold.

Hardware Isn't what I think people should be Worried about. Or Focused On.

It's the Nicotine. That is the Head of the Snake. And that is what People should be Concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread