The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FDA seizing new shipments

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Brewlady, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lazerrred

Lazerrred Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2010
    Flo SC, USA
    Have any seized shipments been released ? Any information would be great on this. I have one that was seized @ LAX and keep getting the run around.

2. DLite

DLite Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    CA
    That I would like to know....Have a package at LAX since the 26th and hoping it will be released soon I need it

3. Vocalek

Vocalek CASAA Activist ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    The updated version has now been uploaded to the CASAA site. Same link: http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA%20Position%20Statement.pdf

Thanks for mentioning this.

4. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I placed an order on Jan 14th, airmail and it hit town today.
    No juice, a bunch of atomizers and a few other items. Small package, weighed in just under a lb. I could not begin to have to worry about thousands of dollars. A couple hundred always puts me on pins and needles.

5. Desert Willow

Desert Willow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2010
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Does this mean that our orders that have been confiscated will now be released?

6. Brewlady

Brewlady Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sorry to say that as of February 6th, Cherry Vapes had still not received the package that was held up in Customs. I have read other posts on ECF of people finally receiving some held up shipments, but this one has not been delivered.

7. throatkick

throatkick Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2010
    FL
    Always seemed funny to me how some people set up global distribution networks while others are fighting to get their 20-30 little ecig kits released.

8. Girl4givn

Girl4givn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2011
    Louisiana
    I don't understand what basis they are seizing these shipments on. How is it possibly legal for them to do something like that? I mean, if I ordered a custom made wedding dress from China, could the seize that too? It just doesn't make any sense to me. How can they possibly be doing that and getting away with it?

9. Petrodus

Petrodus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    Welcome to the world of Political Activists

10. Traver

Traver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 28, 2010
    WV
    My understanding is that as long as the FDA files any kind of appeal they can continue to seize shipments. After the appeals are exhausted there is still a time period in which they can continue to seize packages.

11. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Your wedding dress hasn't been declared an "unapproved drug delivery device" by the FDA. The FDA can seize/stop unapproved drugs coming into the country.

The court ruling only applies to Njoy shipments. So only Njoy shipments are protected from seizure. As far as I know, all appeals HAVE been exhausted, since they haven't filed an appeal with the supreme court.

12. Girl4givn

Girl4givn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2011
    Louisiana
    Thanks for clarifying Kristin. I didn't know that. I had a couple of shipments of cigarettes taken by customs a couple of years ago and the company told me there was nothing they could do about it. I never understood why, but haven't ordered from overseas since for that exact reason.

Are these companies required by law to label their packages as to what the contents are?

13. Vocalek

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Here is the text of the import alert: Import Alert 66-41

Note that only products and manufacturers are listed, not the names of persons or companies receiving the products. So if one of the companies that manufactures NJOY products is on the list and the bill of lading matches any of the product terminology (e.g. "PN Pump, Nebulizer, Manual"), it is possible that products destined for delivery to NJOY could be seized.

I did a text search for "electronic cigarette" and had 48 matches.

No matches were found for "NJOY".

14. Desert Willow

Desert Willow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2010
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Traver posted a link to FDA's public input forum inviting comments. I checked it out, there was only 1 comment there last night when I left my comment. I guess that means they have room for A LOT more comments.

http://www.thecre.com/tpsac/?p=1027&cpage=1#comment-4958]

Brightest Blessings!

15. Vocalek

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Up to 6 now. Would it not be a hoot if we could get that count up to 600?

16. Luisa

Luisa Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2010
    harlingen,texas
    Done-comment submitted

17. Demarko

Demarko Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Same here.

18. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Anyone having a problem commenting? I got the message "Your comment has been blocked because the blog owner has set their spam filter to not allow comments from users behind proxies." I'm using chrome and I know it was updated yesterday, but not sure what's happening.

19. Rosco

Rosco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2010
    KCMO:>)
    If you attempt to hide or disquise your IP address, the above message is what you get. I tested it and indeed they will not allow a post. So, I did NOT hide my IP and plainly announced that the site would not allow a post unless "they" could see your IP address. Gee.......you wonder why this is so important to "them" to know your IP address?

20. Sassyonemeis

Sassyonemeis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    Albany NY
    probably so that only one person per IP address could post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.