Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
Not to derail the wonderful conversation going on, but getting back to the OP question: has anybody heard about shipments being sized--especially now that the FDA has been slapped down again?
I heard about shipments being released finally. Does anybody know or have stories?
Have any seized shipments been released ? Any information would be great on this. I have one that was seized @ LAX and keep getting the run around.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have any seized shipments been released ? Any information would be great on this. I have one that was seized @ LAX and keep getting the run around.

Sorry to say that as of February 6th, Cherry Vapes had still not received the package that was held up in Customs. I have read other posts on ECF of people finally receiving some held up shipments, but this one has not been delivered.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I don't understand what basis they are seizing these shipments on. How is it possibly legal for them to do something like that? I mean, if I ordered a custom made wedding dress from China, could the seize that too? It just doesn't make any sense to me. How can they possibly be doing that and getting away with it?

Welcome to the world of Political Activists

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I don't understand what basis they are seizing these shipments on. How is it possibly legal for them to do something like that? I mean, if I ordered a custom made wedding dress from China, could the seize that too? It just doesn't make any sense to me. How can they possibly be doing that and getting away with it?

My understanding is that as long as the FDA files any kind of appeal they can continue to seize shipments. After the appeals are exhausted there is still a time period in which they can continue to seize packages.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

Your wedding dress hasn't been declared an "unapproved drug delivery device" by the FDA. The FDA can seize/stop unapproved drugs coming into the country.

My understanding is that as long as the FDA files any kind of appeal they can continue to seize shipments. After the appeals are exhausted there is still a time period in which they can continue to seize packages.

The court ruling only applies to Njoy shipments. So only Njoy shipments are protected from seizure. As far as I know, all appeals HAVE been exhausted, since they haven't filed an appeal with the supreme court.

Girl4givn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Louisiana
Thanks for clarifying Kristin. I didn't know that. I had a couple of shipments of cigarettes taken by customs a couple of years ago and the company told me there was nothing they could do about it. I never understood why, but haven't ordered from overseas since for that exact reason.

Are these companies required by law to label their packages as to what the contents are?

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Here is the text of the import alert: Import Alert 66-41

Note that only products and manufacturers are listed, not the names of persons or companies receiving the products. So if one of the companies that manufactures NJOY products is on the list and the bill of lading matches any of the product terminology (e.g. "PN Pump, Nebulizer, Manual"), it is possible that products destined for delivery to NJOY could be seized.

I did a text search for "electronic cigarette" and had 48 matches.

No matches were found for "NJOY".

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
Traver posted a link to FDA's public input forum inviting comments. I checked it out, there was only 1 comment there last night when I left my comment. I guess that means they have room for A LOT more comments.

http://www.thecre.com/tpsac/?p=1027&cpage=1#comment-4958]

Brightest Blessings!

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Anyone having a problem commenting? I got the message "Your comment has been blocked because the blog owner has set their spam filter to not allow comments from users behind proxies." I'm using chrome and I know it was updated yesterday, but not sure what's happening.

If you attempt to hide or disquise your IP address, the above message is what you get. I tested it and indeed they will not allow a post. So, I did NOT hide my IP and plainly announced that the site would not allow a post unless "they" could see your IP address. Gee.......you wonder why this is so important to "them" to know your IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread