FDA seizing new shipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    I currently Have a shipment of e-cigs being held by DHL well really the FDA at LAX. I have never had a package held for so long and I have been getting shipment for about 2 years. It has now been over 2 weeks. After calling DHL everyday I finally had a import supervisor tell me that they is nothing I can do and They can't do anything either. It sounds like I will get a letter in the mail or that DHL will get a letter. I'm not really sure anymore.

I'm glad I pretty much put all my money into this order!

I believe I wes told that they have about 100 orders being held just at LAX, It seems this has started because of the last court decision.

What I said in a similar thread:

With all the mods being manufactured here already (or DIY'd), thus reducing any real dependence on Chinese-made batteries, this is all the more reason why we desperately need American-made atomizers/cartomizers...ASAP.

AFAIK, it's the one component we're truly dependent on overseas shipments passing through customs, and that dependency is hurting us.

Last edited:

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2010
    Maryland
    I wrote my Congressman, Andy Harris..he's a newly elected Republican, for my district, in a Smurf-Blue state, so our Senators aren't going to listen (yep..Steny Hoyer...ugh).

I also wrote to Rush Limbaugh. He's an e-cig vaper, and has a huge audience. Maybe he can put some pressure on the FDA for illegally ordering Customs to seize and detain these shipments. Worth a shot.

If anyone else wants to write to him...here's his email address: ElRushbo@eibnet.com You might want to refer to the "FDA illegally seizing e-cigs again" in the subject line to catch his assistant's attention.(I know that's who will read it, and MIGHT pass it on to Rush, since it could impact him too)

Last edited:

LynGBH

ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2010
    Not here.
    In situations like this... I'm a big believer in the "Shotgun" method
    of getting attention and results....

Pull back both hammers and pull both triggers at the same time.
    Contact everyone simultaneously expressing concerns regarding the outlaw FDA's actions

This stepped up confiscation policy by the fDa needs to be stopped by any means necessary.

Considering the recent events in Arizona, these posts are truly appalling.
    I don't want to be part of the craziness on this board anymore.

Can someone point me to instructions regarding how to cancel my membership and permanently remove ALL of my info? I'd appreciate it muchly.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2010
    Midwest
    I wrote my Congressman, Andy Harris..he's a newly elected Republican, for my district, in a Smurf-Blue state, so our Senators aren't going to listen (yep..Steny Hoyer...ugh).

I also wrote to Rush Limbaugh. He's an e-cig vaper, and has a huge audience. Maybe he can put some pressure on the FDA for illegally ordering Customs to seize and detain these shipments. Worth a shot.

If anyone else wants to write to him...here's his email address: ElRushbo@eibnet.com You might want to refer to the "FDA illegally seizing e-cigs again" in the subject line to catch his assistant's attention.(I know that's who will read it, and MIGHT pass it on to Rush, since it could impact him too)

Good suggestion... However, RL will probably want some hard facts
    before going on-the-air to blast the outlaw FDA. Marketers with seized
    shipments should contact him with details.

The subject of emails should be "eye-catchers" like
    FDA ILLEGALLY seizing E-cigarette shipments again!

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    Londinium, Brittania
    Considering the recent events in Arizona, these posts are truly appalling.
    I don't want to be part of the craziness on this board anymore.

Can someone point me to instructions regarding how to cancel my membership and permanently remove ALL of my info? I'd appreciate it muchly.

Why not simply report the offending post LynGBH? A forum is a collection of individuals who (thank goodness) all have differing points of view as well as different phraseology. Don't hold the whole forum responsible for one post.

Bustastew

ECF Veteran
    May 29, 2010
    N/A
    Anyone else get a reply from their senator? I got what seemed to be a key worded auto reply from Kay Bailey

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ator-kay-bailey-hutchison-replied-letter.html

Please post any replies you get from your senator on that post. If they are all like this our voices are not being heard, or they just don't care and should be removed from office. We put these people in that seat to be our voice, not someone that doesn't even answer our questions.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Two suggestions:

• Spend the $1.32 on stamps and send your message via US postal service. They get so many emails that the chances of one being read are small.
    • Include a subject line that does not have words such as "smoking," "tobacco", or "cigarette." These words often trigger auto responses related to legislation that is being considered or was recently passed.

Try something like

Subject: Reign in the FDA's waste of taxpayer money

or

Subject: Stop the FDA from illegal product seizures

ManicMaurice

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 22, 2010
    My House
    www.manicmaurice.com

I live in super liberal NYC, so getting into bed with Rush feels kinda dirty, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread