Feeling a Little Discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there are some folks.... Who just sort of expect YOUR vaping to be transitional in nature.

It is your vape, however, and you are free to make it be whatever you want. Frankly if you have no issues with your vape you don't have to change a THING.

I did not get "bored" with my cigarettes and switch brands after a certain time, I pretty much went for affordable.

With that said, you have vaped a long time I'm sure you've saved a lot of money, so if you feel like a new vape might be "cheering" or whatever else, I say go for something new. If it's just the blahs, vape through them with vapes you already know you like, work, and you enjoy.

Anna

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
I think there are some folks.... Who just sort of expect YOUR vaping to be transitional in nature.

It is your vape, however, and you are free to make it be whatever you want. Frankly if you have no issues with your vape you don't have to change a THING.

I did not get "bored" with my cigarettes and switch brands after a certain time, I pretty much went for affordable.

With that said, you have vaped a long time I'm sure you've saved a lot of money, so if you feel like a new vape might be "cheering" or whatever else, I say go for something new. If it's just the blahs, vape through them with vapes you already know you like, work, and you enjoy.

Anna

I think what I needed was to get back here to this forum. It helped me a lot in the beginning. Your right, I never got bored with the brand I was smoking. I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day of Pall Mall filters for the last so many years. I may try a new tank or flavor at some point but for now I am content with 50/50 no flavor.

I just came back from the gym. I couldn't do that for about 30 years :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think what I needed was to get back here to this forum. It helped me a lot in the beginning. Your right, I never got bored with the brand I was smoking. I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day of Pall Mall filters for the last so many years. I may try a new tank or flavor at some point but for now I am content with 50/50 no flavor.

Vaping is the cure for smoking. Once I quit smoking through vaping I never really thought about quitting vaping. It was the actions of smoking replicated in vaping that got me off the cigs. After 8 1/2 years vaping I still don't plan on putting down the vape unless some new piece of data reveals a dire consequence from vaping. By this time that should have already hit the news. Lot of people who hate smoking feel the same way about vaping.

Welcome back to ECF, Dan. It's Facebook for vapers. ECF has become my daily community for vaping and general discussion.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Other people see me vap and always have an opinion (not that I ask for it). It just gets me a little down.

Oh, I got a new laptop because I save about $3000 a year not smoking.
Maybe that's what you should tell people that have opinions about your vaping. That you saved $3000 and can exercise again.

And that the government sees people are quitting and are getting panicky because they would prefer that you give up your exercise and good health so that THEY can have your $3000.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Thank you everyone for your help. I discovered yesterday that I like what I have been doing. I ordered a few days ago online some more VG, PG, nic etc. Yesterday I ran out of juice. I had nic in the freezer but no VG or PG to bring down the strength so I went to a brick and mortar vap shop. They don't sell vg or pg, just overpriced flavored juice. having no other choice I settled on a bottle of strawberry with 12mg of nic. :shock:

While it isn't as bad as a dry hit :eek: it is definitely nasty. I don't crave a cig, I just want my unflavored juice. Hopefully it will come in the mail tomorrow. I should have a 6 month supply then.

Thanks again

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
Live long enough and a lot of things in day to day life become routine and not very exciting. Small changes like a new mod, tank or juice flavor can help break up dullness and revive your passion for vaping.

If you get that feeling of boring routine... don't forget to be thankful for the healthy choice you made to vape and get off of cigarettes. That's something to be proud of every day for the rest of your life!!

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
Hello Dan
I haven't been here for a while either ,
i have smoked for bout 36 yrs before i started to vape 8 yrs ago, haven't touched a ciggy since the first day of vape and never had the urge to go back to those stinky stix.
before i vaped the doctors said i had copd , emphysema , shortness of breath , and my eye doctor said that when i went for an eye exam that she could see that my blood vessels in the eye showed that smoking was taking a toll on my vessels , since then , my lungs are clear , no shortness of breath, and that through some breathing and lung test , he believed that i did Not have enphesema or copd,
imagine that.
its been a year since i started to use sub ohm , but before that i did alot of vaping of 1.5 ohm tanks, or just build a few 1.5ohm coils .
back in the day i used to go to Vape meets , they were fun , lots of people would show up with all kinds of their everyday vape , with free samples to go around , it gave us a chance to try different juices or mods . good ole days.
stay strong , and be well
Santo

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
There's plenty of folks out there that never smoked but read the sensationalistic headline but not the story and have an opinion based on a tabloid title . You see them blathering and boistering on social media all too often.
The people who give you an opinion are probably smokers who can’t bear to see someone achieve something they can’t. You just keep on doing what you’re doing (vaping), you’re doing well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Dan40 congratulations on 2+ years. I now have not smoked for 100+ days after smoking 25/30 a day for 45+ years. Amazing that you enjoy the no flavor approach. I am constantly experimenting with tobacco type flavors and variants - low wattage mtl. Someday down the road, I would like to try dtl. But for now, it's not broken, so no reason to fix it. Cheers!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
ha, I started vaping back in 2010 and tbh though the years I have tried a cigarette here and there but all it does for me is remind me how much more I like vaping OVER smoking.

smoking is just nasty, tastes nasty, smells nasty... yeah ok so it does have a little more of a hit, but that's not enough for me to ever fear going back. I enjoy vaping so much more, I take a puff or 2 off a cigarette and just throw it out, vaping is so much better, not to mention the fact that smoking is a killer...

when you get to the point of not fearing the grip of a cigarette and even if you did try one it's still not gonna just hook you back, then you will be good. I take one a few times a year just to remind myself that it has absolutely no hold over me anymore, at all... vaping rocks... if you don't feel that way then play with your equipment until you do get to that point would be my advise

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
also play with your juice... best advise I can give you there is def get your hands on some unflavored and use it to dilute your store bought juices. I found the straight up store bought juices to be a bit overpowering and even sickening at times but since diluting and cutting it with unflavored I have been super happy and my inevitable chase for the perfect juice has now ended, but I still have flavor variety too... youd be surprised how many juices are just not doing it for you until you try a subtle version of the same juice by diluting it

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
and one last piece of advise, one or 2 good mods beats a heard of mediocre devises... I see so many guys complain about the crazy cost of a good mod but then buy dozens of crappy mods and never be happy with any of them. a good mod is worth the investment imho and can make all the difference. temp control has come a long way, evolv's new replay feature for example has changed the game there also for the better as just one example and has greatly simplified the whole finicky nature of temp control as it was in the beginning. if you have tried temp control before and it didn't play well enough for it to stick then I would say giving replay a shot is well worth your effort and time, game changer for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread