Feeling dehydrated & a bit of this & that... a 'ramble' if you will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edin

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I know I've seen a lot of comments about drinking lots of water... but how much water?

I must have had about 6 liters of water/fluid yesterday and I'm feeling very dry this morning. My mouth & throat is feeling dry and I swear my right eye feels like it's made of sandpaper. I normally drink a lot of water but having to pee every 30 mins is pushing it I think... lol

I'm also waiting on some vape mail (ego twist 1000mah, vivi mini nova, ego clearomizer + various juices) as I'm finding my 510-T has what I guess is referred to as a tight draw and my mouth was getting sore from sucking so hard (like a really thick milkshake though a really small straw). Thankfully I also had an atomizer & drip tip & have put the little tank away for now.

I originally bought my 510-T starter kit about a year ago to quit smoking. Also took Champix for a bit but it made me have really crazy dreams... Finally got off the cigs in July... didn't vape in that time... then about 3 weeks ago I was under a crap load of stress and started smoking again. So now I'm looking forward to my new vape mail which will contain nic juices because I didn't use nic juices before.

Anyhoo, I've spent a lot of time on the forums looking around again... and I've forgotten much of what I was researching last summer but it's starting to come back to me. Also enjoying watching people on YouTube... I think I've gotten about 8 hrs sleep in the last 2 nights because of this forum & YouTube!

What a ramble this turned out to be! Thanks for reading if you got this far! lol

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I know I've seen a lot of comments about drinking lots of water... but how much water?

Anyhoo, I've spent a lot of time on the forums looking around again... and I've forgotten much of what I was researching last summer but it's starting to come back to me. Also enjoying watching people on YouTube... I think I've gotten about 8 hrs sleep in the last 2 nights because of this forum & YouTube!

What a ramble this turned out to be! Thanks for reading if you got this far! lol

Welcome to fellow Canuck !!!

I feel the same dehydration and vapers tongue , this is not an exact science and every body is different so see what quantity of water works for you .

In my case the Nova didn't worked to well see if you can get a Kanger instead , I found Nova to be too airy and not delivering on flavour.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Congrats on wanting to get off the cigs. Again. :D

Champix is the worst. Been there, done that, will never do it again.

If you're drinking 6 liters of water and going to the toilet frequently, then you are not dehydrated. You might have some irritation if the equipment you are using it running a bit dry and tasteless. You might also be a little tired if you're only getting 4 hours night. Get some rest as you're going to need it to help with the recovery from cigarette smoking, though you shouldn't find it too bad.

Targetlock

Apr 10, 2013
Hawaii
Feeling dehydrated from vaping is normal, but it shouldn't be an extreme or heavy case of dehydration.

If you also consume caffeine, remember that it's a diuretic (it flushes fluids out of your body).

What I've learned for myself is to have a small drink (water bottle, Gatorade, etc.) with me when I vape, but if you drink plain bottled water (or equivalent), I would suggest not to exceed 16 ounces per hour when not physically active. Too much water can dilute the electrolyte balance in your body which could lead to water toxicity which is fatal. I drink about 8 to 12 ounces of Powerade/Gatorade when I vape heavy per hour.

If you're going to drink a lot of water, make sure it has adequate electrolytes in them so it retains the necessary balance in your body.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
the more water you drink= the more you pee= the more toxic chemicals you remove from your body. ...... in this case is very good. as smokers we were naturally dehydrated. you are in the process of literally changing your metabolism, body chemistry, and brain chemistry. the first month is not so much fun. it is totally natural to be detoxing like this. i thought i was out of the woods till last night. had a migraine. lets just say after dry heaving my guts out all night, talk about purging. i definitely purged whatever was left of the cigs and nicotine in my body last night.stay with it. no matter how much suffering, the rewards are well worth it.

Edin

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Feeling better this afternoon as I haven't vaped at all today.

I'm expecting 2 vape mails by Wednesday I hope, so I should be good to pick it up then. I've got no nic juice currently so I think I'll just wait until it comes in :)

Hopefully I'm not PG sensitive but I do have some DIY stuff coming as well so I'll be able to make some small simple batches to adjust levels if needed.

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
Sodium actually helps to retain water when used in small quantities.
Thus, the salt tablet, which helps people to retain water and helps athletes to prevent dehydration and cramping.
I am not saying take salt tablets, BUT, gatorade was designed to hydrate the body to prevent cramping from dehydration.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Lower your PG% in your eliquid.....some people can't handle PG very well. I can't do 70% PG or I dehydrate quickly.

All vapers need to hydrate, drinking water daily. But the more PG% you vape the more water your body will need. Diabetes can also contribute to vapers dehydrating rapidly.

I have not finished reading this thread but I agree with Red_Bird. When I started I was so extremely thirsty I posted a similar thread and several suggested I might be sensitive to PG. I have been vaping 50/50 or 80/20 since then. The other day I was going through my juice stash and found some Halo Prime 15, which I loved but I know their PG level is high (asked Halo and they would not say, but somewhere I saw someone post 100% pg or 90/10? don't remember exact numbers and do not hold me this ration being correct cuz I do not know). So after an hour or so of vaping the Halo juice I started getting a slight headache and that dry, yucky feel in my mouth. Put it away, went back to a 50/50 juice and yet another bottle of water, the headache went away and I felt "normal" (me normal???? Now THAT is a laugh!). I also regularly vape 6 mg or less and the Halo was 12 mg, so that may have added to the headache, but I have come to the conclusion I can not vape high PG juice. I can't try many vendor's samples because of the high PG ratio and the higher nic level. But that is just the way it is. I enjoy my vaping!

Hope this helps, Welcome back! Now back to reading the rest of the thread....

Edin

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I'm having a rough day. I've been analog free for 2 months gave up soda and sugar and caffeine. I feel blah today. I've been using mio water stuff but worried because it has pg in it. So might need to find new options. I was on a roll lately now I feel a rut coming on.

I think I might be dead if I gave that all up at once! Well... not the caffeine though. I don't drink coffee & I usually try to get my Diet Coke in Caffeine free.

Are you sensitive to PG? I've had the Mio before and haven't had a prob with it.... but I usually use the Crystal Light packets... but now they have a liquid one & I just bought 2 to try out, will have to go check the packaging.

Hope tomorow is better for you!

Edin

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I have not finished reading this thread but I agree with Red_Bird. When I started I was so extremely thirsty I posted a similar thread and several suggested I might be sensitive to PG. I have been vaping 50/50 or 80/20 since then. The other day I was going through my juice stash and found some Halo Prime 15, which I loved but I know their PG level is high (asked Halo and they would not say, but somewhere I saw someone post 100% pg or 90/10? don't remember exact numbers and do not hold me this ration being correct cuz I do not know). So after an hour or so of vaping the Halo juice I started getting a slight headache and that dry, yucky feel in my mouth. Put it away, went back to a 50/50 juice and yet another bottle of water, the headache went away and I felt "normal" (me normal???? Now THAT is a laugh!). I also regularly vape 6 mg or less and the Halo was 12 mg, so that may have added to the headache, but I have come to the conclusion I can not vape high PG juice. I can't try many vendor's samples because of the high PG ratio and the higher nic level. But that is just the way it is. I enjoy my vaping!

Hope this helps, Welcome back! Now back to reading the rest of the thread....

Thanks to you and Red_Bird for the suggestion... me thinks I'll have to order another bottle of 0 nic VG to cut with... I already have a bottle of 0 nic PG that I got from the pharmacy but if I'm sensitive that's not going to help me out so much.... I do have 1 bottle of 50/50 0 nic juice... may vape that tonight and see how it goes.

Targetlock

Apr 10, 2013
Hawaii
Shreck said:
Thus, the salt tablet, which helps people to retain water and helps athletes to prevent dehydration and cramping.
I am not saying take salt tablets, BUT, gatorade was designed to hydrate the body to prevent cramping from dehydration.

That's correct. I'm not a doctor so I can't explain PG sensitivity and how it relates to dehydration symptoms, but I do know that our bodies function normally when it has a good balance of minerals, electrolytes and water. I simply listen to what my body wants, it's nothing complicated.

When people and some doctors say to drink more water, I did and not in excess of 16 ounces an hour usually (more if I'm active) and felt worse, weak and dizzy. That was around the time Gatorade was a new product and I gave it a try and instantly felt better. As their ads claimed, when we do things, we lose more than just pure water when we perspire, spit or urinate. We need to replenish not only the water but the stuff that went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread