Feeling sick and going to quit vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I have come to the conclusion that E-cigs make me feel sick when I wake up. I have noticed that when I wake up, I feel very sick inside all over, like I was poisoned.. No nasua or anything like that, just ill feeling, like a hang over from drinking laundry detergent or something. I stopped using it for a while because of this and smoked my regular ciggs and I feel better, but I tried again taking a few vapes a hour before bed and yet again, I wake up feeling ill and my body just doesn't feel right and I don't want to get out of bed. But after I stop vaping, these symptoms go away..
Anyone else know what I am feeling?

The only thing left I can try is trying a 100% pure VG liquid and see if that changes anything. Does anyone by chance have a high quality for sure 100% VG liquid I can try in like a 18 or 24mg strength? I can pay for shipping cost or whatever, but I would like to give it one more chance with a Pure VG. Maybe I am having a reaction to PG liquid. The ones I use are usually mixed. Last one i am vaping now is all natural Tobaccoo and Tea.
I'm interested in tobaccoo flavors only.

I called around to my local vape store and they only sell larger bottles at $10+ bucks.. I just need enough to fill or half fill a Mini Pro tank II. less then 5ml.
If this does not solve my problem, I am done with vaping forever.. It does help me cut back on smoking, but I feel very cigg from it, so it is doing more harm then good.

I also notice that after i brush my teeth, my lips get red and around my mouth a little and my lips feel sticky and my through feels sticky, so with that, I am thinking maybe I am having a reaction to PG?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Could be the "all natural" tobacco and tea flavoring that you are using. All natural may be better to eat but, not for vaping. Do not rule out the flavors giving you a reaction.

Natural Vs. Artificial Flavors

"Artificial flavorings are simpler in composition and potentially safer because only safety-tested components are utilized"

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I've been dehydrated before too - and with vaping its definitely not like when I was extremely dehydrated. It's weird. Try drinking more water and see if that helps.. have a large glass right before bed and see if that helps you in the morning. Drink water throught the day too, any time your mouth feels even a little dry.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I smoke also when I am vaping sometimes. I use to vape all day and I have gone days where I just vape a tiny bit before bed. Cigarette withdrawal is not the same feeling as what I am experiencing..
I have this problem with all liquids.. Not just the one I mentioned. HALO I got the most sick from. I have tried 60+ e liquids over 2 years. But non have been 100% VG that I can remember.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I've been dehydrated before too - and with vaping its definitely not like when I was extremely dehydrated. It's weird. Try drinking more water and see if that helps.. have a large glass right before bed and see if that helps you in the morning. Drink water throught the day too, any time your mouth feels even a little dry.

I will try that for a day and see if that changes anything and let you know.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
you can go to your local pharmacy and get a bottle of vegetable glycerin USP and throw a couple of ml`s in your tank and vape it like you did the last time you felt sick. if you feel ok in the morning then its the PG making you feel that way. have you felt this the entire time you have vaped or just recently?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I would definitely try the 100% vg. Lots of people have pg sensitivities. If the main goal of vaping is to stop smoking, I hope your heart is in it. I know that inwardly we can experience all kinds of real symptoms. The mind is a funny thing. Please let us know what works for you so it may help others having the same issues. I wish you well and know that we are all in your corner, hoping for the best.

Txnow333

Nov 22, 2014
Houston, TX
Is there some reason you're using 18/24 nic? Some people can handle that level but I would collapse from that. Everyone's metabolism is different. I started with 12 nic and even that was too much. I went to 3 and 0 but found myself sneaking analogs here and there. 6 is a good level for me. Perhaps lowering your nic and make sure to drink plenty of water - at least twice as before. Hope you get it worked out. Good luck to you.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You can get as small as 15 ml size 100 VG unflavored at Mt. Baker in both 18 and 24 mg. (Unflavored is a flavor choice in the drop list.) They dropped their prices recently so those should be only $3.99 a bottle to try out. It's not as bad as you may think either as their VG has a slightly sweet edge to it, even as unflavored.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
you can go to your local pharmacy and get a bottle of vegetable glycerin USP and throw a couple of ml`s in your tank and vape it like you did the last time you felt sick. if you feel ok in the morning then its the PG making you feel that way. have you felt this the entire time you have vaped or just recently?

I echo this advice and also add that if you felt okay after the straight vg the problem is with
the pg OR the flavouring.

If you've been at it for over 2 years and not had these symptoms before, you may want to seek medical advice too.
Hope you get to feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread