Feels like a SLAP!!! in the face........

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Anyone else get this feeling?

Let me explain my situation..........

On Friday, Jan. 9, I sat on my GLV and stripped the threads on it. Many of you probably seen me mention this on other threads. Wanting to get my unit in tip-top shape once again, I posted in a thread (and PM'd jaybird) about getting it fixed. I asked jay how much he would charge me for replacement caps, and he responded that "Caps were hard to come by" and "I can send you the "test caps" I used to test my powder coating. They will be white with black specks". Trying to understand why I couldn't get caps that matched my unit, I STILL agreed to those caps so I could get my GLV working again as soon as possible. He requested that I pay him 15 dollars, thru PayPal and he would send them to me.

On Monday, Jan 11, I sent the 15 dollar payment thru PayPal to jay. I expected that I would get shipping conformation in my email (since I always do thru PayPal) and would be happily vaping on my mismatched GLV by Saturday at the latest. One of my roomies is from Michigan and mail from her family gets here in a few days

Just after I made my payment, I signed into the Forums and began looking around at different threads. I ran across a thread (several now) where jay says he will fix any GLV problems for FREE ( cause it isn't about the money) and he will do this as long as you own your GLV. All you have to pay is the 10 dollar shipping. I tried, in good spirits, to bring this up to jay, and he never REALLY addressed it and I just let it slide. Chalked it up to my unit being free and everyone else's being paid for.

All week I sat watching over the mailbox like a Marine Corp. Sniper waiting for those caps to arrive. They never did. So Saturday, Jan.16, I went to the Great Lakes Vapor Website and used the "Contact Us" option to email jay and find out about the caps and when they were sent out. The responce I got was short and simple......."I sent them out Friday (Jan.15). Should be there soon. Mail don't run on Monday. Jay"

WOW!!!!!!!! Guess thats why they aren't here!!!!

To be honest.......Today is Friday, Jan.22, and my caps are STILL NOT HERE!!!!!! AND I still have NOT gotten a shipping conformation!!!!

So let me get this straight..........I'm paying 15 bucks for second hand, second rate, powder coated, mis-matching caps for my polished GLV that I have praised since getting it.......While others get their units fixed for cost of shipping, which is LESS than what I'm paying, AND they get caps that match their units, while I won't.

Plus it takes upwards of 3 weeks or more to get those more expensive, un-matching caps?

I understand being a tad backed-up or whatever.......but this is bad.

420KindaMad:(

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: OT personal attack

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Quoted deleted post

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Inappropriate picture

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Quoted deleted post

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
From what I understand, Jay has at least one full time job AND he's going to school full time as well. I'm the proud owner of a GLV with another one on order. I don't know Jay personally, but he seems like a stand up kinda guy. I think the popularity of the GLV went way beyond his expectations and he's having a little trouble keeping up. That's totally understandable IMO. When you start out doing a little MOD for a hobby and you recieve more orders than you ever dreamed, it can be totally overwhelming. Don't believe me, just ask Carlos and all the people waiting 6 to 8 weeks for thier JuiceBoxes. That's just my 2 cents.

eagle74

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Hamilton, On
I think you're being a bit too impatient....it only been 1 week since he mailed them out. Like you the threads on mine stipped...so i begged for any ole spare caps he could find...this was after sending in my unit fo repairs a few weeks befoe for a bad switch...Jay rebuilt my unit no questions asked and paid shipping back to me. Since we both are asking for new caps...15 dollars is cheap...the head cap is where all the value is in these units...we can only hope he sells top caps in the future for so cheap..I'll be buying them left and right.

VaporRaven

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
I think you're being a bit too impatient....it only been 1 week since he mailed them out. Like you the threads on mine stipped...so i begged for any ole spare caps he could find...this was after sending in my unit fo repairs a few weeks befoe for a bad switch...Jay rebuilt my unit no questions asked and paid shipping back to me. Since we both are asking for new caps...15 dollars is cheap...the head cap is where all the value is in these units...we can only hope he sells top caps in the future for so cheap..I'll be buying them left and right.

Bad switch and stripped threads that does'nt sound good.I understand the man may be bussy but he needs to at least communicate to his customers honestly.When I was waiting for mine I was told it was shipped on date x and got it 9 days later priority mail.2 day shipping not a week or so.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Simple facts are these........

Jay has sent out several units that have "soft" threads...he has stated this.

Jay has sent out units with bad buttons......he has stated this too.

Now.......all we want as customers is to be treated decent. If you tell me you are sending my stuff out on Monday.......send it Monday. NOT 2 or 3 weeks later......NOT 3 or 4 days later. MONDAY!!! I can understand if he said Monday and it was Tuesday. But not if he says Monday and it is Friday a week later.

It just boils down to Bad Business.

While I do understand your situation I do think you are being a tad extreme in your attacks. All you need to do is provide the facts and if the issue is clear, action and understanding of the issue can follow.

I keep reading two or three weeks and in fact it has only been 11 days from the day you sent payment to him. While that is still to long you make it seem like the dude took your money and ran ignoring weeks of emails and messages. I also notice that he asked for 15 dollars. I know when you buy a glv it has the free repair warranty but you won yours. While its a new unit and seems like it should be covered you won yours so the situation my be different. For all non warranty units the cost is stated as $10 for repairs and I believe priority mail is $4.95. So around 15 bucks. Now I may be wrong on if $10 +shipping is how I just stated or if the +shipping refers to the cost to send it back. It also could be that extra caps are not a repair, but extra parts being purchased. You could probably send your stripped cap in and have it repaired.

In regards to Vaporravens, bad buttons are indeed bad but jay also just started using military grade buttons to solve the problem. This is a new mod so he is learning its weaknesses as we go. The soft thread issue is one I have started hearing about as well but I heard that those would be repaired. So I expect some issues may pop up as this is a pretty new mod, I will judge the company from how they attempt to solve these issues. Your glv was also stated to have been shipped out the 11th. I see a pattern here and am curious to what the issue is, be it jay or the mail.

Just to keep things in perspective on the shipping thing though...I have had orders from vapor4life that have shipped with notification and tracking that took 6 days to arrive. Not saying its not late or there is no issue but I am just saying priority mail isn't always fast, and at times its down right slow.

Anyways hope your issues are resolved soon, you are right that you spent money on parts and deserve to receive what you paid for.

Last edited:

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
I'm having problems with Jay also.128 bucks spent back in early Dec and I still dont have my unit.I sent it back to him for repair when it failed after a short 90 mins.Sent on the 11th and no response from him.
Im not sure where you sent the message, but if you have an issue send me a Pm.

I'm starting to see that.
Didn't you break your FREE GLV? I sent you the last cap I had...i didnt have to...it was my personal one. It should be there tomorrow BTW

Im only one guy doing the work of about 3 people , so sometimes i cant answer people right back . There is no plant making GLV's , its just me and most people understand that. The people that love their GLV say enough nice things that its ok if you want to put my mod down or say bad things about me. Its a LOT harder than it looks to do all of this, and if you think you can do better job have at it.

Last edited:

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Whatever. I've already gotten a warning over this mess. What I stated in my OP is the truth. It's gonna take 3 weeks to get something that should take 2 -3 days tops. I could drive to Michigan in less time. You tell people you will fix their units for free if they ship it to you, yet you sell me mis-matched caps. In every thread I've posted in about the GLV...... I TAKE THE CREDIT FOR BREAKING IT!!! But broke or not......I offered to pay you for caps that match my unit. If you are making GLVs....then you are making GLV caps and their is no reason I shouldn't be able to get caps that go with my unit. Not your second hand caps.

A won unit or not........Next you're gonna say it is my fault I won it. You threw a contest, 211 other people had a chance at winning, its not my fault I won.....it's luck of the draw. Just because I won it doesn't mean I don't deserve good customer service. I have been a good sport about this until today. I've got a good mind to just get a refund on the caps because I have no idea if you mailed them or not, cause I've gotten no shipping info on them.

And to let you know Jay....I got a machinist who can do the work. Fix your mistakes. Mistakes you openly admit to. I already had to fix the button the 3rd day I had it. Damn thing just quit working on me. Yet I still promoted your GLV to people who asked me about it on the street. Good luck getting that word of mouth outta me again. If I knew you were like this, I wouldn't have entered your contest.......Hell, I wouldn't even post in your Sub-Forum.

And the "soft" thread issue........My guy has your cap in his hand RIGHT NOW. I had already planned on getting some mods deved up in a design I came up with.......with plans of sending you one as a thanks for the GLV, but now I think I will have him re-design me a cap for my "broken PV", and be done with you.

You have bad practices buddy. I enjoyed my GLV, I really did.........but I enjoy dealing with people who are straight up with their clients more. You just lost me as a devoted follower..........I'll quit vaping and sign a petition to ban it before I buy anything from you.

I'll also be sure to let all your other winners know that their units don't have warrenties because they didn't buy them...........from the guy who says "It's not about the money, I just wanna put out a quality product"

I'm Finished. There is nothing more that needs to be said.

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I wont address this issue the OP is having with Jay but Let me say this:

I have bought 3 GLVs and All are working good.

I have never had a switch problem or stripped out the threads.

I had one small problem with 1 GLV which I sent back to Jay. He did not charge me and shipped back priority mail at his expense even though I offered to pay for it..

He is one person trying to satisfy a lot of buyers that want his very nice device.

Like I said, I dont know what happened with this cap thing and I hope the OP gets it tomorrow and all will be well..

What I can say is that Id buy another GLV tomorrow if I didnt own so many now... lol

They are made well.. All mods have some issues.. ALL of them do. And things have to be changed from time to time with them. I would say that every mod out there being sold is well built that I have seen..

I know the OP didnt put down the device and Im not trying to say he did.. This has nothing to do with what he said. I just dont want people to think this device is not a good device. It is a good device worth buying.. I never hesitate to recommend Jay to people looking for a good 5v PV and will continue to.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
When you start out doing a little MOD for a hobby and you recieve more orders than you ever dreamed, it can be totally overwhelming. Don't believe me, just ask Carlos and all the people waiting 6 to 8 weeks for thier JuiceBoxes. That's just my 2 cents.

How about I ask Carlos if he has pics of a box full of his mod on the net. Or if he has said "I have just finished building 200 units" and then turn around and have many many people complain that they order something and then have to wait and wait to get it......only for it to break or be faulty. Or to be told "back-orders" or "catching up on things". Always some excuse. Everytime someone complains about Jays services, he has some excuse as to why it isn't his fault. Well it is his fault. If this started out as a mod project then he should tell people its a hobby.....not a business. Jeff over at ThagBuilt doesn't have to make excuses. He does what he says and gives people a wait time from the start. He doesn't get online and show a box full of pre-made units and then say he is backed up. Same for Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread