Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Well how do you folks like the vape on the E2, is it LR or reg? I have one and dont recall. It seems to work pretty darn good, but i don't exactly like the flavor change..
I mean nothing is as good as dripping, but some cartos are closer than others.
I would have thought the E2 ceramic would be closer since it has no filler.
Some suggested it was the glue inside, and i heard that there is a new model out now and mine is an older one i think.

Dawolf

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
New Jersey
So over Cartos, the E2s totally suck, and so the the others. I really got into them because the idea of them got me hooked, but I really do not see any reason why someone would choose any Carto over an Atty. you can buy good Attys that will last over 2 or 3 weeks of clean and tasty vapor for 3 bucks apiece. And honestly even if I got a Carto for a buck that lasted me a week at best, it never vaped or tasted anywhere near as good as the cheapest atty. Life is too short to vape on cartomizers..

I have a .... ton of 510 and KR808 Cartos for sale...great deals....PM if interested.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
So over Cartos, the E2s totally suck, and so the the others. I really got into them because the idea of them got me hooked, but I really do not see any reason why someone would choose any Carto over an Atty. you can buy good Attys that will last over 2 or 3 weeks of clean and tasty vapor for 3 bucks apiece. And honestly even if I got a Carto for a buck that lasted me a week at best, it never vaped or tasted anywhere near as good as the cheapest atty. Life is too short to vape on cartomizers..

I have a .... ton of 510 and KR808 Cartos for sale...great deals....PM if interested.

Choice is a great thing. For me life is too short to be screwing around with carts and atties all day while I'm on the go much less dripping. Cartos have their upside and down side as do carts and atties. For me carto's fit my lifestyle.

Regarding the E2's - they're still in development. For someone who wants to expend the effort modding them with ptb is a game changer. It doesn't take much effort btw. But it's all what you want and what suits you best.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Okay, so I'm an idiot. Just got these today, but am finding that two of them taste burnt after filling. The other two are fine. Could it be that these need to sit for awhile after filling so the ceramic can absorb the juice? The thicker, darker juices seem to be affected while the lighter, more thin juices taste fine.

I know you have to let a regular carto sit so the filler has time to absorb, but was thinking that ceramic would be different. I'm guessing no?

Any insight would be super.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Okay, so I'm an idiot. Just got these today, but am finding that two of them taste burnt after filling. The other two are fine. Could it be that these need to sit for awhile after filling so the ceramic can absorb the juice? The thicker, darker juices seem to be affected while the lighter, more thin juices taste fine.

I know you have to let a regular carto sit so the filler has time to absorb, but was thinking that ceramic would be different. I'm guessing no?

Any insight would be super.

The ceramic cup does not absorb juice. What's possibly/probably happening is that the ones that taste burnt aren't wicking well. It's also possible that there is primer present. My understanding is that some have primer and some don't. A dry burn before filling will help. You CAN dry burn the hell out of them without popping them as long as you're not using a higher volage than standard mod pv. But if the taste is burnt I still suspect wicking problems. The ptb mod goes a long way in curing that.

Try holding your pv with the battery end up so that the juice flows toward the coil in the carto. I've experimented with actually flicking my eGo in this direction (sort of like shaking down a themometer only without as much force) before taking a hit.

The revison 4 E2's are on the way and will allegedly address remaining problems and have no primer. In my view the present crop of E2's are for people that want to experiment with performance as they are still considered beta products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread