finally made an E-Liquid that i like, how can i get it a little sweeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The totals come to 65%. So either you are using one holy heck of a lot of flavoring, or there’s 35% missing from your total. Either way it’s kinda off. As a result it’s difficult to give advice. The standard rule is no more than 20% flavoring total so I’m not sure what you’re doing here

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Nat,
60% is kinda high.
Did you shake and vape or has this been sitting for a while?
I tend to limit my mixes to 12-15% flavouring MAX.
When I mixed with frosted donut, I found the flavour weak (12% MAX 2-5Weeks steep) Maybe "subtle" is better than weak. IDK.
When I have mixed chocolates in the past, at high percentages, 10%+, I get a weird chemical aftertaste/texture if steeped for more than a few weeks.
Coconut works best for me if I mix it stand alone and let it mature/steep and then use that in mixes.

HTH
I

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
what can I buy? do I need sweetner?

also do these ratios look ok?

25% DX Frosted Donut (TPA)
20% DX Milk Chocolate (TPA)
15% DX Coconut (TPA)

I only made a 10 ml bottle, but it tastes quite nice
Are these concentrated flavorings mixed with pg/vg/nic or are they already mixed store bought ejuice that you combined?

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi Nat,
60% is kinda high.
Did you shake and vape or has this been sitting for a while?
I tend to limit my mixes to 12-15% flavouring MAX.
When I mixed with frosted donut, I found the flavour weak (12% MAX 2-5Weeks steep) Maybe "subtle" is better than weak. IDK.
When I have mixed chocolates in the past, at high percentages, 10%+, I get a weird chemical aftertaste/texture if steeped for more than a few weeks.
Coconut works best for me if I mix it stand alone and let it mature/steep and then use that in mixes.

HTH
I
Hi buddy I just put the concentrates in, mixed it up abit and vaped,

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Concentrates, and I've never had a clue about mixing, i should of came on here and checked first

Yeah, that’s way too much flavor if you’re using concentrates, not premade juice.

I’ve mixed a total of 20%, max, but usually go from 5-12. Too high and you may get a perfume or chemical taste, and spend way too much money. You can also lose flavor if you use too much.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
IME using way too much flavoring, it’s really harsh and undesirable! You said it tasted good though. Just to be clear, is this a flavor mix you use a portion of to add to your PG/VG & nic? Or did you use it all at once in one mix?

To answer your sweetener question, most flavor brands offer a sweetener. There are a hand full or so of options. I use sucra &/or splenda, from Nude Nicotine, when I do use. I’ve found a lot of flavors, and most one shots, are already sweetened and over sweetening mutes your flavors. Everyone has an opinion on sweeteners! To each their own though!

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You may not be using percentages the way most of us do in recipes.
How did you actually do this - did you measure milliliters of these flavors, and add VG? How much (milliliters) of each ingredient? Or drops...or something...to verify whether you made a juice that's really 60% total flavoring, because that would be pretty unusual...

what can I buy? do I need sweetner?

also do these ratios look ok?

25% DX Frosted Donut (TPA)
20% DX Milk Chocolate (TPA)
15% DX Coconut (TPA)

I only made a 10 ml bottle, but it tastes quite nice

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Concentrates, and I've never had a clue about mixing, i should of came on here and checked first
ECF members are a wealth of information and some of the most helpful you will ever find, ask questions or just look around the diy forum and after reading a bit you will get a better sense of how its done.

Have you been vaping long? Always bought pre-made ejuice? Making your own can save tons of cash but it comes with a learning curve. And patience. Its not rocket science, but a bit of math can be involved. Once you start using an online diy calculator it will begin to make a whole lot more sense. There have been a few free very good ones already suggested here in this thread.

Let us know how its going.

:)

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
You may not be using percentages the way most of us do in recipes.
How did you actually do this - did you measure milliliters of these flavors, and add VG? How much (milliliters) of each ingredient? Or drops...or something...to verify whether you made a juice that's really 60% total flavoring, because that would be pretty unusual...
I went on E Liquid Recipe creator, and I just went as high as I could, until it said the numbers don't add up, I wanted a chocolate, coconut doughnut flavour and that's all I made, I believe they're all PG concentrates, I just done what it told me to do

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I went on E Liquid Recipe creator, and I just went as high as I could, until it said the numbers don't add up, I wanted a chocolate, coconut doughnut flavour and that's all I made, I believe they're all PG concentrates, I just done what it told me to do
Any reason you went as high as you could? When ordering concentrates I always try to read the reviews that others have posted to get a sense of where to start.

What size bottle did you mix in? How much pg/vg did you add? Nic?

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
IMG_2496.PNG
Any reason you went as high as you could? When ordering concentrates I always try to read the reviews that others have posted to get a sense of where to start.

What size bottle did you mix in? How much pg/vg did you add? Nic?

No Nic, 15 mil bottle, and i used mostly pg i believe, this is a screen shot of the recipe,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread