FireLuke tank or stick with the Crown 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsgoogly8

Jan 28, 2018
So, as some of you know already, I recently bought the Revenger X kit. The day before yesterday I finally put the Revenger tank on the mod (I had been using my Crown 3 on the mod before that). Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong but after 3 days and two coils I'm going back to my Crown 3 for now. I've been eyeballing the FireLuke tank. I've heard good things about it & I was wondering if anyone here had used it? Any reviews, good or bad, would be helpful. I still haven't found that one mod/tank combo that I'll use for years to come. I did have one mod that I was happy with but, alas, I dropped it and the battery compartment cracked beyond repair and I can no longer use it :(

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
A couple of things here.. first, I'll quote you what someone said yesterday about the fireluke.

[ I ] have a Freemax Fireluke that has surprised with great flavor and coil life, also has a very good rba head. If I were going to try a new drop in coil tank I'd go with the Horizon Tech Arco 2.

There was someone in the same thread also saying their experience with the original crown (not the version two or three) was very very good.

That said, depending on what your not liking as well as liking about the crown three might influence a direction you might could take..

What is it you don't like about the crown 3? Is the tank leaking? Is there too much airflow for you?

What do you like about the crown 3? Is it the flavor?

You kind of have to go through the pros and cons of what you have, what is it exactly that your wanting fixed to improve your experience vaping coupled with what your looking for in features and experience to find the right tank for you.

Once you can describe that, those points might help people point you in the right direction better.

Mrsgoogly8

Jan 28, 2018
I have to say, for the most part, the flavor is ok with the Crown 3. That being said, what I do like about the Crown is the way the coil goes in. I like being able to just "plug & play" versus having to screw the coil in. It does leak from time to time but, I think, that's just me being lazy & not cleaning out the condensation at the bottom. I think, too, that the Crown gets too "hot" too fast for me. I suppose I might, at times, chain vape & that would be part of the problem. When I'm at work I only get two 10 minute breaks & a half-hour break for lunch so I tend to chain vape (just as I used to chain smoke at those times when I did smoke). I suppose, really, that although there's not a lot that I really love about the Crown, there's also not a lot that I don't like. It's an ok tank but I'm looking for one that I will be crazy about. I guess what I'm looking for is a 3 battery mod (not too crazy expensive) that will fit my hand well & a tank that will give me great flavor & a nice cloud. I've always said that I'd rather have flavor than a big cloud but I think I'm changing my mind. I still want great flavor and, as far as the cloud goes, a bigger cloud than I'm getting now. When I first used the Revenger X tank, the cloud was awesome. I kind of got excited seeing that big ole cloud . Now I want flavor AND the fat cloud.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have to say, for the most part, the flavor is ok with the Crown 3. That being said, what I do like about the Crown is the way the coil goes in. I like being able to just "plug & play" versus having to screw the coil in. It does leak from time to time but, I think, that's just me being lazy & not cleaning out the condensation at the bottom. I think, too, that the Crown gets too "hot" too fast for me. I suppose I might, at times, chain vape & that would be part of the problem. When I'm at work I only get two 10 minute breaks & a half-hour break for lunch so I tend to chain vape (just as I used to chain smoke at those times when I did smoke). I suppose, really, that although there's not a lot that I really love about the Crown, there's also not a lot that I don't like. It's an ok tank but I'm looking for one that I will be crazy about. I guess what I'm looking for is a 3 battery mod (not too crazy expensive) that will fit my hand well & a tank that will give me great flavor & a nice cloud. I've always said that I'd rather have flavor than a big cloud but I think I'm changing my mind. I still want great flavor and, as far as the cloud goes, a bigger cloud than I'm getting now. When I first used the Revenger X tank, the cloud was awesome. I kind of got excited seeing that big ole cloud . Now I want flavor AND the fat cloud.

I can definitely help you in the three battery mod category as those are what my son is using.

The Vaporshark Hedron has the Wismec RX board in it with a Vaporshark body. The body is well made, and seems to resolve all the various issues people were having with the Wismec RX bodies and 510 issues. Its a three battery mod.

Vapor Shark™ Hedron 200W / 250W Box Mod - Vapor Authority

The price is great as well - only 70.00 plus shipping costs, and it does fit in the hand nicely. Very comfortable to hold.

As for the Crown heating up too fast, have you tried turning your watts down during chain vaping? It might help somewhat...

Since I haven't used the fireluke or some of the other higher wattage attys, I will let someone else take over for advising you on which tanks might be good to try, but the information you gave is awesome and will allow people to advise you better..

Good luck!

• Informative

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't used the Fireluke tank, but the folks I've seen using it seem to be pretty happy with its performance. I would think it might have some similarities to the crown, but definitely has sub0hm coils and you'd have the ability to blow clouds if you so desire. I think it has decent capacity, so you won't be refilling all the time.

With chain vaping, sometimes it's nice to switch up setups and/or tanks, so they don't overheat (they will if you are chainvaping). Could use the crown for half of your break and then switch to the fireluke for example, or keep one on your current mod that you don't love, but you would be able to alternate them during breaks.

I own neither tank, so please take my advice for what it is worth. Easy to heat up a tank while chainvaping without temperature control, which also might be something that would reduce temps in your tank, even if chainvaping. That is a whole other rabbit hole, but it's good at not allowing overheating. So if you do get a new tank, with drop in coils, you might want to check if any of them are TC capable (some are) if you aren't ready for a rebuildable tank atomizer yet.

Best of luck,

Anna

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
So, as some of you know already, I recently bought the Revenger X kit. The day before yesterday I finally put the Revenger tank on the mod (I had been using my Crown 3 on the mod before that). Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong but after 3 days and two coils I'm going back to my Crown 3 for now. I've been eyeballing the FireLuke tank. I've heard good things about it & I was wondering if anyone here had used it? Any reviews, good or bad, would be helpful. I still haven't found that one mod/tank combo that I'll use for years to come. I did have one mod that I was happy with but, alas, I dropped it and the battery compartment cracked beyond repair and I can no longer use it :(
Fireluke is absolutely amazing from my own experience. Great long lasting coils that are about the same size as the full size TFV8. The resin edition is beautiful as well. They is a pro version out now too. The crown 3 is nice, I know because I own one but the coils seem to be very underpowered and use almost 6.3 volts just to get 90 watts which is insane. My TFV8 with the t6 coil at 120 watts only uses 5.1v and the x4 uses less than 4v at 90 watts

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks, @Tonee N , and it sounds like a great tank to try and I certainly have the mods to run it on, but to my understanding it's "built" for sub0hm and I tend to have trouble with very sub0hm tanks. Honestly, were I to try any sort of "crossover" tank it would be the Uwell Crown probably, but when I look at it, I go, "Okay, so I can get 1.2 coils, it still looks set up mainly for sub0hming and there are enough excellent MTL dedicated tanks that I have that I'd be unlikely to purchase either, at least not for a while in any case. Pretty happy where I'm at. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Tonee N

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Anna, try the Fireluke Mesh tank. The coils have amazing flavor, last 2-3 weeks, run at lower wattage, and you can get a 5ml or 10ml expansion tank for it.
The Fireluke and Fireluke Pro use the same coils and RBA.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
So I can try the Mesh coils in the Fireluke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread