Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
hey guys.. someone enlighten me.

when i hold the jog dial to the left, the left side of the home screen cycles between battery - numbers over 0000 - numbers over 0000 - puff count over puffs left for the amount of battery left - time over date - back to battery.

anyone have an idea what the two numbers over 0000 mean?

I finally figured out what these two new counters are for and how to set them. First if you go to the menu - vapor set - Home scr - Home Scr L (or R doesn't matter) you get the following list:

Puff Count
Date time
V/W ohm
Battery
Alarm Time
Alarm Puff

The last two are the new counters that can be displayed on your home screen. When you've chosen to set these to display on your home screen you now have this:

What is being displayed is the cumulative time/puffs on top, and the time/puffs before the alarm is displayed. The time display measures how many seconds a puff is and keeps a running total of the seconds of all puffs since the alarm was (re)set.

Now how do you set these? Go to the Main Menu - Vapor Set - Alarm Set and you'll get this menu:

2h
4h
8h
24h
Never
Customize

Now this part I'm not clear on, but I believe you're setting a time period for the eVic to monitor. If you choose 'Never' then you go back to the Vapor Set menu. Customize allows you to choose a value between 1-24 and any other choice takes you to a new menu:

by time
by puff
exit

Choosing time brings up:

400s
800s
1200s
1600s
Never
Customize

or puffs:

200 puff
400 puff
600 puff
800 puff
Never
Customize

Choosing 'Never' disables that alarm, and customize allows you to specify the value in puffs/seconds for the respective alarm. Once you have exceeded these alarm settings you'll get a message 'Warning: Max Puff' or time. The eVic still works, but displays that warning until the alarm is reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

Sanitydissected

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Behind closed door
Just gotten hold of my evic today, v 1.3. In the midst of updating it to 1.4, the data verify error turns up and my evic is dead...pretty dead..with the black screen and all. Tried with different USB cables, computer detects cable, mvr switches on, but states no hardware found, clicking on upgrade flashed error, can't click on reset, throughout it all, evic screen remains black. Tried troubleshooting it from the instructions on the joyetech site, doesn't seem to work. Any help?:(

EvilRubberDuck

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Yorktown, VA, USA
I had problems too. I finally had luck with a different usb port on the computer. What a pain. As best I can tell, the major feature of the upgrade is that the temperature alert setting does not save in F.

My next mod will not have a usb port.

1.4 had a few small glitches that I do believe were corrected. The USB port and firmware updates are bonuses in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread