firmware 1.4 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
no comment on the new firmware, yet? Loving the inverse display today. I wonder how much battery it will cost to keep it that way. I mostly lurk here, but hey looks like I got the drop on you pros. ;)

Not sure what else is new, yet. Just installed

Anyone know why installing new firmware always blacks out my evic? Something I'm doing wrong? The nice folks over at joyetech instructed me on how to put it into safemode to let the firmware instal, but the first attempt always ends up in read error.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
Ahh here's the list. Kind of small list of changes, but I like the inverse led.

From the website:

1.Backup Settings and Import Settings from PC functions help to backup the data of settings in the computer and to import the data into the ecig, which allows different data in different devices.
2.Reset function is to reset data and settings in ecig, including options of normal (reset settings) and factory (reset to factory status).
3.In HomeScr, both sides contain puff time, date time, V/W ohm battery, alarm time and alarm puff six options, you can select one item on each side.
4.Inverse function is to inverse color of LED to improve outdoor display.
5.Energy, the parameter for evaluation and statistics, which shows better overview of the vapor data

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco
And this it yet another reason I luvs me some evic....upgraded to 1.4!
My favorite features so far: the inverse screen (sweet when working outside) and further customizable home screen.

Anybody know what 2.0's got in store, maybe some kinda of game? I'm thinking some type of tetris game, controls would be perfect for it (left-right-button flips object).

Jaiofspam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And this it yet another reason I luvs me some evic....upgraded to 1.4!
My favorite features so far: the inverse screen (sweet when working outside) and further customizable home screen.

Anybody know what 2.0's got in store, maybe some kinda of game? I'm thinking some type of tetris game, controls would be perfect for it (left-right-button flips object).

i hope they increase the amp/voltage/wattage limitations...

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
I'm loving it. The inverse thing not so much, but the fact that they relegated the battery meter to the bottom, and I now have the option to put my volts/ohms and a clock or puff counter!

I've always wanted to put the system clock and date on the homescreen, but I couldn't before because I also needed the battery meter and the volts/ohms!

As far as the Wattage limitation, it could be a hard (hardware) limit determined by the limits of the buck/boost converter internally.

Has anyone cracked one of these open to see who's switcher they are using? Also, another thing that may limit the current is the resistance of the flyback inductor in switching circuits. The resistance will determine how much watts the inductor is dissipating, so it may not be a good idea to run it at high amperage (dotted with volts for watts), because you don't want that inductor to be cooking...

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
I'm loving it. The inverse thing not so much, but the fact that they relegated the battery meter to the bottom, and I now have the option to put my volts/ohms and a clock or puff counter!

I've always wanted to put the system clock and date on the homescreen, but I couldn't before because I also needed the battery meter and the volts/ohms!

As far as the Wattage limitation, it could be a hard (hardware) limit determined by the limits of the buck/boost converter internally.

Has anyone cracked one of these open to see who's switcher they are using? Also, another thing that may limit the current is the resistance of the flyback inductor in switching circuits. The resistance will determine how much watts the inductor is dissipating, so it may not be a good idea to run it at high amperage (dotted with volts for watts), because you don't want that inductor to be cooking...

you could always see the battery level at the bottom if you did not show the battery reading on the top right

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Nothing on me!!!! When I got home last night I downloaded the latest version. BTW Just got my Evic Friday. So far a very nice vape!!!!
(Thought I'd never say I own an Evic, but it is fun to play with). ((Yea I'm that Old)). I can see now why it's so popular!!!!!!!!
And all this comes from a vapor that owns a lot of different mods.

EvilRubberDuck

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Yorktown, VA, USA
Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
you could always see the battery level at the bottom if you did not show the battery reading on the top right

Boh!

There is a weirs bug though, I got my volts/ohm on the left and time/date on the right, my eVic set to vw, everytime I'm adjusting the watts up and down, the volta shows time for a split second...

What's different with the 1.4 then? Is it just the inverse function?

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.

I just glad I'm not the only person with this issue. I thought it was just me. I left mine in the Celsius setting and maintained the proper settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread