firmware 1.4 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlnyc

Aug 19, 2013
Buena Park, CA, USA
Anyone else having a little bug with the temp alarm in Fahrenheit?
Celsius is no problem.

Ever since upgrading to 1.4 my temp alarm is set to like 45 Fahrenheit when I power my eVic up regardless of what I set the alarm to via the eVic or PC. I set the alarm in Fahrenheit and then switched to Celsius. Seems to have no problems remembering what I set the temp alarm for in Celsius. So I have a work around, just wondering if this was noticed by anyone else.

I've posted this in 4 different threads and NOBODY would give me a response. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was experiencing this problem damn

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco
Hey all, got this nice reply from Alice @ Joytech...

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the inconvenience.

We have fixed the bug you mentioned, we will modify the 1.4 on our website today. So please download the 1.4 agan on our website after 24 hours.

As for the problem of leading zero , it has been always like this in order to align display.

Hope you understand.

Best wishes!

Alice
Marketing Department

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco
What does she mean by "leading zero"? Thanks!

The date, time, and puff counts show leading zeros which make the display a little more difficult to read than it has to be. So like when you have 15 puffs left it will display "0015" instead of just 15. Just an annoying pet-peeve of mine because, as a UI/App/Web developer, I would never let that fly.

And her excuse is quite lame, but I excuse her lame excuse because she's likely just a rep and not a developer. Wish they'd just open source the code already.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
The date, time, and puff counts show leading zeros which make the display a little more difficult to read than it has to be. So like when you have 15 puffs left it will display "0015" instead of just 15. Just an annoying pet-peeve of mine because, as a UI/App/Web developer, I would never let that fly.

And her excuse is quite lame, but I excuse her lame excuse because she's likely just a rep and not a developer. Wish they'd just open source the code already.

Lame excuse? Sounds more like nit-picking.

She gave an explanation as to why they chose to display the puff count that way. Just because you don't agree does not make it an excuse.

Not everyone will be happy with the way any display is laid out, but that does not make it "lame". I can read 0015 as easily as 15.

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco
Arrghh...yes it is a lame excuse, saying that the leading zeros are "required" for alignment, please. So you really think it's looks the same having leading zeros in front of digital numbers/dates/times?

Don't get me wrong, I love joyetech and their support, I just think she could have researched the problem a bit more and entered it as a request to the developers instead of taking the easy way out.

You think Apple, Samsung, or MS would allow such an anomaly to appear on any of their devices? I think not.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
W,T,F,.......... Better contrast for daylight?
gapuqave.jpg

I think will need this new MVR for when 2.0 firmware is ready, few new thing in the software.

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
+1 - It works, which is enough for me. Puff counter its self seems lame.

True enough...I don't use the puff counter anyway. Much prefer the watts/volts on my screen. Same goes for the length of puff countdown...I puff until satisfied...don't need a display to tell me that, but I don't knock that they give folks choices.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
Agree. When I use that setting I feel like I'm going blind. Way to bright!

It seems to drain the battery much faster too, but if you spend a lot of time outside in the sunlight, it does become easier to read. I switch mine back and forth depending on if I'm going to be in or out most of the time. Nice feature IMHO.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
True enough...I don't use the puff counter anyway. Much prefer the watts/volts on my screen. Same goes for the length of puff countdown...I puff until satisfied...don't need a display to tell me that, but I don't knock that they give folks choices.

Ditto, puff counter is something I never use, so I don't even bother changing the mAH setting anymore when switching out the shorty for a longy (700mAH setting can only be achieved through the MVR)

They also need to bring the 12H/24H option for time format in MVR, I always find myself setting it back to the 12H format manually through the onboard menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread