The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

First "Cool" Front

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by FL-Eagle, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sstambo

sstambo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    So do you still smoke regular cigs or only e-cigs now. I really hope this can work for me. I would really like to quit smoking and still be able to have the parts of smoking I do enjoy.

2. FL-Eagle

FL-Eagle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    no more analogs (regular cigs) I was really surprised at how easily i was able to give them up once I started vaping and i don't miss them.

But as with most here I do enjoy holding a cig in my hand, the blowing of the smoke, so the e-cig has seemed to be the ticket for me after 30+ yrs of smoking and trying to quit

3. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Well kayaks are such good exercise. Now that you work at a computer all day it is good 4 u. You need to come down & try the collier state park. so cool. It has this cool tunnel of mangroves that leads out to the ocean goes on forever. The tunnel is very long & kinda feels james bondish w/ our little porteboat +7hp We took our portabote down it & slayed the snook.

4. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    I have smoked for 25yrs. I did quit for 2 +1/2yrs but like an idiot I started again when I got divorced. I started up again when I met my husband now & he won't quit with me so maybe I can do this & not feel so deprived when I try to quit + maybe he will like it too.

5. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    The exercise is a bonus for me with the yak, I've put a few pounds on since I've gone stationary but I've managed to knock them off and so far managing to keep'em off :)

I'd like to make my way down that way to do some fishing, I think it's Pine Island? that's down your way.
    Heard a lot of good things about the snook fishing there.

6. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    So good to meet you. We have alot in common. Are u married?

7. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    I can't believe the difference in the way I feel since I started vaping. I'm breathing better, sleeping better, food is tasting better :D
    I'm not coughing and wheezing in the morning anymore.
    So there are benefits.

How long have you been vaping?

I'm married going on 14 yrs now.

8. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Yes, Pine Island is great. sorta where I am. But the collier state park is a little further south. I know it would be right up your alley. If you come down this way maybe u/me/hubby could go fishing.

9. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    Oh, Ok...Collier sp is down towards everglades city.

That would be great, always like to explore new areas.
    Next month I'm hoping to head north from where I live and do some camping/fishing in Ozello. went there once and it was just beautiful..and the fishing was pretty good too.

10. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Good ur married! Does she like fishin too? Does she smoke e-cigs. I know I should say vape & analogs but I have to get used to it. Kinda reminds me of the matrix. I just got my joye 510 from nvaper in mail already only ordered on fri. I have it charging now. Can't wait to try it!

11. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    I bought a luci from a smoke shop this weekend bcaus I couldn't wait for the one I ordered to get here. So this weekend was the first time ever. Never even heard of ecigs until last week. The luci doesn't cut the mustard though. Too hard to get a hit + doesn't taste good.

12. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    She doesn't like to fish, but she loves to eat what I bring home :) flounder and reds being her fav.

She doesn't vape, I consider her one of the lucky ones..15 yrs ago she decided she was going to quit smoking, tossed away the cigs and never looked back.

You'll like the 510, i got mine from innovapr and simply love it....i also recently picked up a dse901 which is nice but the 510 is still my favorite.

I intend in the very near future to order a USB passthru for my 510, especially since I spend so much time in front of a computer, both at work and at home.

I have to go set up a computer so I'll be away for a bit, will be back for lunch.

Glad we met...enjoying our conversation.

13. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Ohh Good! u like camping too. We will get along famously! I hope your wife is in on all this fun too bcaus then we definatley all have to get together.

14. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Me too! U have a great day I'll try & catch up with u later if ur around.

15. SudokuGal

SudokuGal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
    USA-Florida
    ME TOO! It can't happen soon enough.

16. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    I've been ready for cooler weather for a month now :p
    This past weekend I just planted some tomato and pepper plants..I know they'll like it too.

17. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    sstambo my wife loves camping..she's been after me to go we've just been waiting for the weather to break and cool off.

Never heard of a "luci" but then it seems there are so many different kinds of e-cigs, between the standard brands and then there are all the mods.

18. VA Slim

VA Slim Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Boynton Bch., FL USA
    It would be so nice for the temps to drop. But, here in Palm Bch. Co., when our weatherman says a cool front, it means it will go from 93 to 90. I hope you guys further north will help push the cooler temps down our way. It's been a wicked hot summer.

FL-......we just planted our tomato plants also. Wish us luck.

19. FL-Eagle

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    I'd be more than happy to send some cool weather down your way...wouldn't want to "hog" it..happy to share.

Good luck with the "mater plants..I was just out looking at mine and the Patio Tomato's are setting buds already.
    Also noticed some teeny tiny flower buds on the peppers...fresh stuffed peppers..can't wait.

20. laurel099

laurel099 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Nokomis, FL
    I hope we get some cool weather... Poor cucumber plants were WITHERING! Husband re-planted new ones. The tomatoes are flowering, I don't know if the peppers are or not. My husband used to do big gardens now he uses those earthboxes and grows loads of veggies in them.

Hey, I saw the fishing talk! My husband fishes CONSTANTLY! Used to have a big boat and go like 80-100 miles offshore but now he's got a small boat so he and the dog just bop around. He catches a lot of redfish, snook and trout. This week he's been going to the gulf for mackerel to make smoked spread.

I like to fish but don't fish as much anymore... I stay too darn busy :( I do use my husband's kayak but I just go for fun, he of course uses it to fish LOL!

Here's hoping for some cool temps!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.