• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First "Cool" Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Yesterday was Supercalifragilisticexpialidoecous!!! Don't know if thats spelled right, Jeez!!
We had the windows open for a few hours in the evening. We have a jasmine bush planted right by one of our sliding doors which happens to be blooming. It smells heavenly!!! My husband still had the air on last nite for bed as he likes it very cold for sleeping.Brrr!8-o

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Good Morning Florida!!! 53 @ 8:30 AM WhooHoo!!!!

Hey guys been catching up on the fishing and gardening talk! LOL Love both, camping too!
Hubs is from a farming family so he plants a big garden. My MIL taught me years ago to pressure can my own veggies. We rarely buy green beans, peas, canned tomatoes, pickles, jellies etc. Very rewarding, very good, Know what's in there and it is NOT frogs or rats, and save lots of $$$$ !!

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Hi Frankie

Your avatar is so cute! Thought my new juices to try would come today, but NOOOO! Oh well probably tomorro.

Canning stuff is alot more healthy + taste better than anything u could get at the store. So good 4 u!! Used to can with my mother when I was a kid. But sadly my husband & I do landscaping for a living so thats usually the last thing we want to do is spend more time maintaining our yard. Fishing & camping though.. OH,now we have something to talk about. Hee hee!

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Hi Frankie

Your avatar is so cute! Thought my new juices to try would come today, but NOOOO! Oh well probably tomorro.

Canning stuff is alot more healthy + taste better than anything u could get at the store. So good 4 u!! Used to can with my mother when I was a kid. But sadly my husband & I do landscaping for a living so thats usually the last thing we want to do is spend more time maintaining our yard. Fishing & camping though.. OH,now we have something to talk about. Hee hee!

SS: Yeah...canning is extremely time consuming. I couldn't imagine doing that after working outside all day. Of course my MIL did. They truck farmed and she would work in that field all day then can stuff half the night! Not for me. I told hubs if he wanted a "farm wife" he definitely had married the wrong person then I went out and found an office position! LOL I don't do outside work at least not for a living! I know....lazy me! I don't mind mowing our yard with the rider and a bit of gardening, but much more than that and I am history! The AC just keeps calling my name and it is a call I cannot resist. LOL so I just developed jobs that kept me busy INSIDE!

I love to camp, but only during the cold months. Our little popup has AC but I don't like being closed up in the darn thing and hear that running all night. I like to go when I can unzip and sleep in the fresh air....oh my, nothing like that!

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
I got my new flavs!!!:)
Enjoying chocolate through a usb, lol!! Kinda like something out of the Matrix, but thats ok.

We just started camping last year as we are empty nesters now! Ohh the freedom!!! We were camping two weeks out of each month for about six months. Had a ball! We saw alot of things in Fla. I never had seen before, Yet I have lived here all my life. Been all the way up to the tippie top of Fla. at the caverns to the Fla. Keys (my heart is & always will be in the Fla. Keys)
Can't camp in the summer as we are too busy, but it is wayyy too hot anyway. Getting ready to go to Peace River Campground for Halloween. I don't care much for the campsites there. But the scenery around the park is very pretty. I prefer the state parks myself but hubby has some friends going that he wants to meet up with at this park.
The park has a bunch of ATV trails. While we have a golf cart, hubby likes to treat like an ATV.:DThe park is also having some kinda haunted walk in the woods.8-o
Can't wait to sit around the campfire & vape on my pv. Anybody seen any smore juice?:D

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
LOL, I know! That first front was just a teaser. There is another front coming this weekend though. Supposed to get down to 65*. I am going camping this weekend with some friends. Should be nice for having a campfire. My friend quit smoking 2 years ago but her husband still smokes. I want to show him all about them this weekend. I am trying to make a nice assortment of juices for him to try. I found a cake & candy supply shop that has a great selection of loranns flavoring. Unfortunatley they will be going out of business soon:(. I have some capella flavor on order but I don't think they are going to make it here before this weekend. Shoot! I wanted to make a smore juice:lol:.

Got my hubby started vaping yesterday. He usually smokes 2 packs a day. He only smoked 10 analogs yesterday.:D:D:D:D

The whole air handler has to be replaced..this weekend! I only hope that the new one fits the space. The old one is original to the house and it's at least 25 years old..rusted out in places and kind of creaky..a lot like me!
It will be nice to have a cool house..just in time for winter!

I went to the beach on Christmas Eve last year, granted I only live about 15 minutes from the ocean. You can never go too long without A/C around here, I'm 22 and was raised primarily in Florida so I remember watching all of those Christmas specials when I was younger, thinking snow was just about as fake and magical as Santa because half the time it's a high of 80 or more on Christmas. Now I'm convinced I have some kind of complex because I don't feel I'm capable of being a functional, approachable, kind human being unless it's 79 degrees or below at that exact moment.

I can't even imagine going without my a/c for more than a few hours, and even then I'd leave the house or sit outside until the repair guys got here!
That "cool" front was nice for the two days that it lasted, but it seems that "Summer" is back until December (as usual) aside from those few freak days where it drops in to the low 70's and 60's.

I guess I'm lucky I live on the coast though, I feel REAL sorry for you inlanders... that is, until Hurricane season, LOL :lol:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I mananged to move to the hurricane cross roads here in Osceola Co. We are also in the cross hairs when the Eastcoast breeze collides with the Westcoast breeze. I get massive thunder and lightning storms! When we moved here from Tampa 17 years ago we had 22 pines on the property..we are down to 9! between huricanes and lightning....
I will be glad when we move back to Tampa..only one coast to worry about!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread