First Day With E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
I have been a 30 analog a day smoker for 23 years. I got fed up with not being able to breathe while mountain biking and hiking. Also, smelling like an unwashed ashtray is not very attractive to most of the single ladies. Goes without saying, the cost of analogs is killing my fun money.

I have been floating around the web looking for info, and I happened upon ECF. I immediately got a welcomed feeling by just reading the posts in the New Members area.

Many thanks to MistressNomad for the very informative videos for broke newbies. With her guidance I decided to purchase a Joye 501. I am getting good results from the 501 and I have only had 3 analogs since I got home from work, normally 10 to 20.

Tomorrow, I venture out into a world of no analogs. 12/15/2010 will be a day to live in infamy.

DFWBlurt

hazard410

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2010
Farmington, New Mexico
14 years at 1.5 to 2 packs a day and not a single problem or craving while making the change. Now analogs stink to me. 9-24-10 was the last day i had a real cigarette and i started with the 510 also. After a week i realized how bad the battery life was so i bought an ego and its amazing. Good luck and keep it up!!!

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
That's cool, 12-15-10 is also my first full day with no cigarette. This vaping really works! I also am using the 510. I was a pack a day for 10 years.

Good luck Eric!
I caught myself putting an analog in my mouth first thing this morning. That first cigarette after wakeup is going to be the tough one. Although, I am not looking forward to the " After Dinner" ritual cig. I am going to tie the 510 around my neck.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
After the meal thing was hard for me at first. The first time I tried e-cigs I tried to just quit analogs to early plus the technology was not there back in 08-09. Things have changed big time. I didn't force myself this time and things went a lot easier. Pretty soon I no longer wanted to have one(even deep down where we cheat on ourselves). I knew then that I had quit and have not had an analog since like September I think.
I will only be a matter of time before you get a mod bug. It gets really interesting when that happens, lol.

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
im waiting for the mailman to bring my first one. where do you get counter for how much you saved

Usually you can just click on the banner you like on the forums and it will link you to a banner creator. Input your info and the site will give you the code to use in your signature.

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
Usually you can just click on the banner you like on the forums and it will link you to a banner creator. Input your info and the site will give you the code to use in your signature.

PS: You won't be able to include your signature until you hit 15 post counts, so keep posting! And by the way, welcome to the family everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread