First Day With E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
those last couple triggers are a little tough....morning coffee & after meals were hardest for me too. A little discipline and you can do it. Maybe get a bottle of juice a step up in nic from your normal and keep it filled in a dedicated cart or atty for those occasions. Also, after hearing about the RY4 flavor from so many people here I had to try it and can completely recommend. Full flavored but also a little sweet/desert.ish; great flavor for those "after eating" cravings, almost like a good desert.

My first week or so, I intentionally vaped in my normal "smoking spot" for those habbitual cravings, no need to change your normal routine too much all at once. In hindsight I think that is something that helped me quite a bit; too much change of routine at one time can be daunting.

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
I will only be a matter of time before you get a mod bug. It gets really interesting when that happens, lol.

I seem to be infected already. I am an engineer by trade, so I normally try to find better, more efficient ways to do things. Everything needs more power, Haar, Haar! I have set up my mad scientists lab in my dining room. Pics will be posted later.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
The 510 is a good ecig to start with. If you want to step up your throat hit and go down in nicotine strength, 24mg is just too much for me, I would recommend an ego with a low res 306 atty and some 18mg juice. The low res atty will give you the throat hit you desire and plenty of vapor. The 18mg juice will allow you to vape without getting a nicotine headache.

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
Well that wasn't that bad. I really didn't have that much craving, seemed to be more of habit looking for the hidden pack and a lighter. No worries, as I have cleaned out the house of all paraphanalia. The "triggers" weren't hard to overcome with PV firmly planted in my mouth, dripping with juice. I tried to overdose late in the evening, I gotta step down from 24mg to 18mg.

2nd Day shouldn't be that hard with all the things I have to clean the cigarette smell off of, see to do list below. Everything stinks, I don't see how my dog has lived with it.

To Do List:

1. Wash all clothing, outerwear and linens. (I smoked in the house)
2. Wash all hard surfaces; vertical and horrizontal
3. Shampoo inside of truck.
4. Purchase industrial sized drum of Fabreeze.
5. Soak dog in Fabreeze. Maybe I'll just bathe him.
6. Purchase more Juice for the vape.:vapor:

reko

Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
Well that wasn't that bad. I really didn't have that much craving, seemed to be more of habit looking for the hidden pack and a lighter. No worries, as I have cleaned out the house of all paraphanalia. The "triggers" weren't hard to overcome with PV firmly planted in my mouth, dripping with juice. I tried to overdose late in the evening, I gotta step down from 24mg to 18mg.

2nd Day shouldn't be that hard with all the things I have to clean the cigarette smell off of, see to do list below. Everything stinks, I don't see how my dog has lived with it.

To Do List:

1. Wash all clothing, outerwear and linens. (I smoked in the house)
2. Wash all hard surfaces; vertical and horrizontal
3. Shampoo inside of truck.
4. Purchase industrial sized drum of Fabreeze.
5. Soak dog in Fabreeze. Maybe I'll just bathe him.
6. Purchase more Juice for the vape.:vapor:

#5 :p

I noticed that too... My clothes stunk of cigarette smoke and I couldn't stand it so I washed everything. So nice having clothes that smell nice :)

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
The 510 is a good ecig to start with. If you want to step up your throat hit and go down in nicotine strength, 24mg is just too much for me, I would recommend an ego with a low res 306 atty and some 18mg juice. The low res atty will give you the throat hit you desire and plenty of vapor. The 18mg juice will allow you to vape without getting a nicotine headache.

Thanks for the advice Kevbow. I was wondering what the low resistance atty would do for you. I am ordering some 18mg 80pg/20vg RY4 in a 5ml size. I was looking into dripping into a cart, but I hear the carts burn out sooner than an atty. I will try the low res atty's before dripping into a cart.

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
I noticed that too... My clothes stunk of cigarette smoke and I couldn't stand it so I washed everything. So nice having clothes that smell nice :)

I also noticed that my tastebuds are changing, or cleaning out rather. After 23 years of being clogged with cigarette tar, there is a whole new world of flavors and smells out there.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
PS: You won't be able to include your signature until you hit 15 post counts, so keep posting! And by the way, welcome to the family everybody!

Many thanks. Just waiting on the mailman at this point. Didn't come again today. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy another pack.

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
Many thanks. Just waiting on the mailman at this point. Didn't come again today. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy another pack.

Time well spent, I say. You will be able to quit soon. I couldn't wait either, it seemed like the mailman is in bed with the tobacco companies when you are waiting on your first order.

JuiceR

Dec 16, 2010
Leicester UK
Thanks for the advice Kevbow. I was wondering what the low resistance atty would do for you. I am ordering some 18mg 80pg/20vg RY4 in a 5ml size. I was looking into dripping into a cart, but I hear the carts burn out sooner than an atty. I will try the low res atty's before dripping into a cart.

LR Atty's are the only way for me too.. good hit from an 18mg, good plume of smoke too!

DFWBlurt

Dec 14, 2010
DFW, Texas
Received my ego today! The monster atty for it was missing from the box though. Working on my first cart that came with it, and have a cappicino loaded up ready to try after I finish off this first one. Been a smoker for over 22 years, excited to become a vaper instead.

Good luck to you. I have really had no problems today. I pretty much dropped analogs the first day i got my 510. I have had my 510 for 3 days and I am already looking at mods and extending the collection.

phrank

Dec 16, 2010
Boston
Congrats DFW 12/15/10 was my first day too. Yeah the queasies are not fun, sucked down a lil too much of 24mg myself but I took MisstressNomad's suggestion of getting a range of nic levels to start and see where it works best for you. So I've been doing most of the heavy vaping with 11mg coffee(Not too crazy about that flavor already got toffee and chocolate on the way) and saving the 24mg Menthol for the trigger times,ie meals and driving.

Good luck keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread