First experience..pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
So I just got my ProSmoke, and it has me rather turned off. I really want to explore this passion of vapeing everyone shares but these tastes have me really turned off and I dont know if this is just how vapor is or if its just me..

All 5 cartridges, i smoked. Took me maybe 8 hours, and I cant say that it was entirely pleasant. Its 100% VG, but it tastes..really toxic or, chemically, or like a piercing wierdness? im not sure how to describe it. I feel like I did get a couple nice puffs, but i dont know if thats because i barely hit it or because i hit it hard im not sure but that taste was still in the background

It has me worried to pull the trigger on this $100 order from canvape, and so im wondering if i should wait for my samples from another company and fill the cartridges with those and see if i get the same taste or what. This is a lot of money to me as im a student on a very tight budget and ive spend $97 as it is, but at the same time i feel like it is a cheaper alternate, but if the experience is like this it would be a waste to buy a better set up.

Some do taste good, but then theres that other taste or in the background in them where i feel like i really shouldnt be inhaling that, and my tongue might tingle a bit or i can really taste or feel on my tongue. The cotton or whatever inside isnt burning, as its not brown or black? Theres tons of vapor and everything im just not sure what this other hint of..chemical burning is. After a few cartridges I got worried about if its the atomizer, so i put 1 drop of water on the atty and one drop into a fresh cartridge, it did improve, but only a little bit..there was still that taste in the background. i wish i knew how to describe it.

Is this just how vaporizing is or what? Any insight would be appreciated. Does prosmoke just taste like garbage? am i doing something wrong? is there a way to open the atomizer to see if something burned orr??

jb1977

Nov 12, 2012
dartmouth, ns
Not familiar with the ProSmoke product. But It looks similar to a disposable I once tried. Same experience. Sounds like dry hits. What are you looking to get from CanVapes. I would suggest trying an eGO style setup with a good tank or clearomizer. I had a stardust/eGO setup for a while, they work great, but just ordered a vv eGO Twist battery and a couple of F16 tanks, only because I have completely quit analogues now, and my current setup will not sustain full time vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It will be key to find the best gear setup and quality e-liquids for you.

I'm not particularly familiar with the ProSmoke line of gear or juices. Frankly, I'm not keen of any of the cigarette-sized setups. They are just too underpowered with too many limitations for juice delivery devices.

I don't know what you were planning on purchasing, but take a look at my recommended starter setup. I gather a lot of information to share with new vapors, as this is my passion. The pieces of gear that are in my recommended setup are time proven and popular among most vapors. You will have the most success with something like this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...06-4-good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor.html

If the cartidges that you are using are the pre-filled variety, please know that there are much better quality eliquids available. The vast majority of vapors soon learn to buy empty delivery devices and purchase better flavors that come in bottles.

I'll provide a couple of links to two of my favorite vendors for you to just look around and see what is available to you. There are literally hundreds of other vendors to purchase bottled e-juice flavors, most better than what you have used so far.

Natural & Organic E-liquids - Home page Dripeez

http://www.virginvapor.com/collections/organic-e-liquid

Last edited:

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
What are you planning to buy?

Not familiar with the ProSmoke product. But It looks similar to a disposable I once tried. Same experience. Sounds like dry hits. What are you looking to get from CanVapes. I would suggest trying an eGO style setup with a good tank or clearomizer. I had a stardust/eGO setup for a while, they work great, but just ordered a vv eGO Twist battery and a couple of F16 tanks, only because I have completely quit analogues now, and my current setup will not sustain full time vaping.

I thought it was dry hits as well, but when i wet it down it still didnt solve my problem completely?

As far as canvape, 1300 spinner, mini vivi, shorty tank cone, 510 atty and drip tip, charger and a bunch of flavours.

i just wanna know if this taste or aftertaste is like a norm around here that you adjust to or what because i really dont like it, it almost worries me more than cigarettes its that odd of a taste.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
It will be key to find the best gear setup and quality e-liquids for you.

I'm not particularly familiar with the ProSmoke line of gear or juices. Frankly, I'm not keen of any of the cigarette-sized setups. They are just too underpowered with too many limitations for juice delivery devices.

I don't know what you were planning on purchasing, but take a look at my recommended starter setup. I gather a lot of information to share with new vapors, as this is my passion. The pieces of gear that are in my recommended setup are time proven and popular among most vapors. You will have the most success with something like this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3706-4-good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor.html

Wonderful blog entries there Baditude. Like the recommendations, its what I have on my wish list almost to the T

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Ive had the same problem with 100% vg based liquid. for first time i really suggest you try 50/50 mix first and take it from there. the 100% vg mix to me has a weird taste with little or no flavor at all. and it makes my mouth realllllllyyyy super dry. and it kind of irritates my throat. try the 50/50 blend since you're new at vaping im sure this will change your mind

ma_gala

Mar 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
So I just got my ProSmoke, and it has me rather turned off. I really want to explore this passion of vapeing everyone shares but these tastes have me really turned off and I dont know if this is just how vapor is or if its just me..

All 5 cartridges, i smoked. Took me maybe 8 hours, and I cant say that it was entirely pleasant. Its 100% VG, but it tastes..really toxic or, chemically, or like a piercing wierdness? im not sure how to describe it. I feel like I did get a couple nice puffs, but i dont know if thats because i barely hit it or because i hit it hard im not sure but that taste was still in the background

It has me worried to pull the trigger on this $100 order from canvape, and so im wondering if i should wait for my samples from another company and fill the cartridges with those and see if i get the same taste or what. This is a lot of money to me as im a student on a very tight budget and ive spend $97 as it is, but at the same time i feel like it is a cheaper alternate, but if the experience is like this it would be a waste to buy a better set up.

Some do taste good, but then theres that other taste or in the background in them where i feel like i really shouldnt be inhaling that, and my tongue might tingle a bit or i can really taste or feel on my tongue. The cotton or whatever inside isnt burning, as its not brown or black? Theres tons of vapor and everything im just not sure what this other hint of..chemical burning is. After a few cartridges I got worried about if its the atomizer, so i put 1 drop of water on the atty and one drop into a fresh cartridge, it did improve, but only a little bit..there was still that taste in the background. i wish i knew how to describe it.

Is this just how vaporizing is or what? Any insight would be appreciated. Does prosmoke just taste like garbage? am i doing something wrong? is there a way to open the atomizer to see if something burned orr??

We started with Njoy...horrendous. Luckily we've learned a ton due mainly to this site.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i just wanna know if this taste or aftertaste is like a norm around here that you adjust to or what because i really dont like it, it almost worries me more than cigarettes its that odd of a taste.
What you are experiencing is not the norm. I sincerely believe you have some poor quality e-liquid. Try some from another vendor before giving up on vaping. There are too many success stories here for you to give up too soon.

Having said that, be aware that your taste could be screwed up. After years of smoking, the taste buds have been damaged. They will heal after stopping smoking and tobacco use, but it will take weeks, possibly months.

Vaping technique is important. It's not entirely like smoking. Draw the vapor into your mouth as if you were sucking a straw in a milkshake. Slow, consistant, gentle draws of 3-6 second duration. Hold in the mouth, inhale, exhale through your mouth and nose.

Most nicotine in vapor is absorbed in the mouth and throat, not the lungs, so it's not even necessary to inhale. But to better taste your flavors, allow your sense of smell assist your tongue. Therefore, exhale some of the vapor through your nose.

Drink plenty of water. The PG and VG in e-liquids rob your body of water, and it must be replaced to eliminate dehydration, dry mouth (which can affect flavor detection), and helps rid your body of the toxins accumulated from cigarette smoking.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I thought it was dry hits as well, but when i wet it down it still didnt solve my problem completely?

As far as canvape, 1300 spinner, mini vivi, shorty tank cone, 510 atty and drip tip, charger and a bunch of flavours.

Steve, what you are planning to buy from Canvape is going to be a significant improvement over what you have from ProSmoke. I picked up a full sized Vivi Nova from them last Saturday and it was perfect. Fill, vape and enjoy. I suspect the mini will be the same, but that's my opinion only as I have only bought the full sized ones. They also have some of the best prices in Canada. I've never used their juices, but I have not heard anything bad about them.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Ive had the same problem with 100% vg based liquid. for first time i really suggest you try 50/50 mix first and take it from there. the 100% vg mix to me has a weird taste with little or no flavor at all. and it makes my mouth realllllllyyyy super dry. and it kind of irritates my throat. try the 50/50 blend since you're new at vaping im sure this will change your mind

I have some samples coming that are different mixes, hopefully get rid of that background taste. If there is still that taste in the back its going to be really hard to pull the trigger on an equipment upgrade.

We started with Njoy...horrendous. Luckily we've learned a ton due mainly to this site.

The sites incredible, such knowledgeable and caring users.

What you are experiencing is not the norm. I sincerely believe you have some poor quality e-liquid. Try some from another vendor before giving up on vaping. There are too many success stories here for you to give up too soon.

Having said that, be aware that your taste could be screwed up. After years of smoking, the taste buds have been damaged. They will heal after stopping smoking and tobacco use, but it will take weeks, possibly months.

Vaping technique is important. It's not entirely like smoking. Draw the vapor into your mouth as if you were sucking a straw in a milkshake. Slow, consistant, gentle draws of 3-6 second duration. Hold in the mouth, inhale, exhale through your mouth and nose.

Most nicotine in vapor is absorbed in the mouth and throat, not the lungs, so it's not even necessary to inhale. But to better taste your flavors, allow your sense of smell assist your tongue. Therefore, exhale some of the vapor through your nose.

Drink plenty of water. The PG and VG in e-liquids rob your body of water, and it must be replaced to eliminate dehydration, dry mouth (which can affect flavor detection), and helps rid your body of the toxins accumulated from cigarette smoking.

The success stories is what is keeping me going, and even though the taste was horrible, i didnt have a cigarette for 14 hours, an accomplishment of its own.
Ive ordered some samples, so ill see how they go. I can just wash out the atty and cartridge and start dripping it in?
Ive been practicing the vaping technique, think its doin okay, definitely getting the nicotine i need.

Steve, what you are planning to buy from Canvape is going to be a significant improvement over what you have from ProSmoke. I picked up a full sized Vivi Nova from them last Saturday and it was perfect. Fill, vape and enjoy. I suspect the mini will be the same, but that's my opinion only as I have only bought the full sized ones. They also have some of the best prices in Canada. I've never used their juices, but I have not heard anything bad about them.

I want to process my canvape order so badly its just hard to slip another $100 for vaporizing, but i still have faith in it.

I wish you were closer, or else I'd let you try my Volt. Please don't give up on vaping yet! Try some new juices (I absolutely love Velvet Cloud Vapor). You might want to try a variety of VG, PG & PG/VG blends in order to find what works best for you; there is some VERY taste stuff out there! :)

After this purchase I found out that the volt is much better, along with a 2 piece design. I looked on prosmokes website for a replacement atomizer incase I am having an atomizer problem.. 12.99 plus 12 shipping, for ONE

I started with prosmoke. Some of the flavors tasted like armpit. But it got me into vaping. I stuck with it and a year down the line i use spinners. Vivi novas. Kanger evods.

There so horrible, not enjoying at all.

Everyone thanks so much for your continued input!

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
I just got a big order from Canvape - very pleased and found them extremely helpful. My order included a Spinner and mini nova & I love both.
I think juice preference is very subjective, so get a variety - the variable voltage will help bring out the best flavor in each and I think your taste sense changes as you come off tobacco. I am new to it but the only time I ever got a chemical taste was once on the first few vapes of a new atomizer so I don't think that should be a concern with what you are ordering & it is certainly not a normal part of vaping. I did find I initially much preferred about 80:20 mix for flavor although again the spinner helped a lot to bring out the flavour in the higher vg mixes.
Good luck & I would say don't hesitate to ask Canvape for suggestions as they are very helpful.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hey Steve,

I AM close to you, and if you'd like to come to our next meet, you can try my...
  • eGo Twists
  • eVic
  • Zmax
  • Vamo
  • Bolt
  • Vivi Novas
  • U-DCT Tanks
  • VapeOnly BCC Clearos
  • Boge F16 Carto Tanks
  • ...and whatever else I remember to bring

It's a great chance to try a bunch of juice flavours to see what you like too!

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Thanks Duane, I'll be trying those and them juices soon enough with yas!

As far as prosmoke goes if you guys want an update, they're sending me a new atomizer and cartridges for free, and sending my old atty back, but if the taste is still the same, this whole damn kit is going back in the postage they send me lol

$97 is a joke for this equiptment if the quality doesnt improve. otherwise it would be a nice back-up.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I bought a cig a like device and a bunch of carts last April. Spent like $200 and ended up hating it. Never even really got off analogs, gave up and kept on smoking. Of course I hadn't found this site...

Things have got much better since then, and the most important part has been the juice. I love the tastes of a few of my juices (not all, some just sit there). But those few are def enough to get me by, and I'm looking for more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread