First time build: What comes with the Russian 91% ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxxsteady

Dec 16, 2013
USA
I'm planning my first Russian 91/kayfun build, the Navy Nest. What type and size of silica/kanthal does the Russian 91 come packaged with? It's the only materials I have available at the moment.

The Navy Nest video used a .20 kanthal and .3mm silica. Will I have to modify the number of wraps depending on the materials I have available? Or can I simply follow the video step-by-step?

Russian 91%
hcigar Nemesis
6mg juice

Thanks and happy holidays

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I'm planning my first Russian 91/Kayfun build, the Navy Nest. What type and size of silica/kanthal does the Russian 91 come packaged with? It's the only materials I have available at the moment.

The Navy Nest video used a .20 kanthal and .3mm silica. Will I have to modify the number of wraps depending on the materials I have available? Or can I simply follow the video step-by-step?

Russian 91%
Hcigar Nemesis
6mg juice

Thanks and happy holidays
Not sure what comes with the Russian 91%, the clone of the now kayfun lite plus, which oddly came after the Russian. Anyway, .20 Kanthal is our 32 gauge kanthal. Several charts that may be helpful on Todd's website:

Todds Reviews: RESISTANCE/OHMS INFO

This will give you a good starting target range and you can see the difference in kanthal's and wick sizes and resulting ohms on your coils (approximate). I would start with a simple 3/4 wrap on doubled 1 mm silica. The hard part at first is just not choking the juice and air flow. Once you get those two issues under control, the kayfun is hard to mess up. Todd's video is good too:

Good luck to you!

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Welcome to the forums. See pbusardo's video. He teaches a great build with micro coil and cotton, I use it and works great.

A PBusardo Review- Kayfun Lite & The Russian 91% - YouTube

What's in box can't tell.

The Russian 91% Comes With:

1 x The Russian 91% Atomizer
1 x Clear Tank
1 x 510 Drip Tip adapter
1 x Needle Bottle
1 x Screwdriver
1 x 1m wick (from manufacturer, no details)
1 x 1m heating wire (from manufacturer, no details)
1 x Spare Part Kit: 2 x air flow screws, 2 x wick holding screws, 6 x o-rings
1 x Gift Box

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Normally this does not come with any wire or wick.
Did you order your equipment online or did you buy it in a store?
Do you have a way to check the resistance of your build? ie: a multimeter or a regulated APV like a vamo, provari, or mvp2.
what batteries do you have for your nemesis?

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
the russian (full sized) does include some wick (seems to be 2mm) and wire (seems to be 32 gauge), unsure if the 91% includes the same accessories, but the (regular) russian does include enough material for a few builds.

in my opinion with the included wick and wire from the full sized kit, the video you linked would work just fine. you might have to adjust how many wraps you want, but once you measure the ohms reading of the first attempt, it will be easy to adjust it.

good luck!

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
My full sized Russian came with some silica wick and wire. The best silica build that I used was the special 8 build. Worked really well, but now I use micro coil builds exclusively, great with cotton or hemp fiber. I use a dual series vertical build with an external wick wrap using hemp. By far my favorite build for the Russian out of the many, many styles that I have tried. Here's the specila 8. I never torched the wick since I didn't have a butane torch at the time that I used silica, but works great without torching.

Roxxsteady

Dec 16, 2013
USA
Hey,

Sorry for the delay reply - busy holidays.

Thanks to everyone for supplying a wealth of information. You guys are the best!

I ended up using a 10-coil microcoil build with a little bit of organic cotton (not boiled, aw 18490 battery). I was told the wire I used was 30 gauge. So far, it vapes great! I don't have a multimeter, but I'll eventually get one.

Thanks again and happy vaping

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
Do you have a way to check the resistance of your build? ie: a multimeter or a regulated APV like a vamo, provari, or mvp2.
The Russian 91% comes with the items listed Sthur inside the sealed box. All of mine except the screwdriver is still there.

dave741

Apr 4, 2013
Phoenix AZ USA
Not sure who you ordered yours from ? But they always come with it and a lot of other things like spare orings in a box from the manufacturer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread