Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
As vaping made its ascent, most non customized juice companies sold juice that was 70/30 (PG/VG). That ratio fluctuated all over the place as time went by. PG would have a negative throat affect for a minority of vapers. This does not seem to be Melly's issue. Nausea, headaches, etc is more like a nicotine issue. 9mg/ml is not heavy but perhaps is for some individuals. Particularly when first making the switch.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
U need to check for mouth to lung vapes...
Meaning it's to use it like a cigarette first draw vapor in mouth and then inhale it...
This device that u show it's for direct to lung vaping meaning use it like inhaling straight...

The ones that are considered the best mtl atomizers are

The zlide from innokin
And the aspire nautilus gt or aspire Nautilus 2s

If u ask me I would say get a zlide cause it's very easy to fill and nice durable coils...

Like zlide tube kit if u search u can find...there are either kits that have larger batteries but I guess the tube will be better for you to hold

Last edited:
Reactions: Melly12313

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
Uk
As vaping made its ascent, most non customized juice companies sold juice that was 70/30 (PG/VG). That ratio fluctuated all over the place as time went by. PG would have a negative throat affect for a minority of vapers. This does not seem to be Melly's issue. Nausea, headaches, etc is more like a nicotine issue. 9mg/ml is not heavy but perhaps is for some individuals. Particularly when first making the switch.
I have ordered one that is 6mg nic and 50/50 Pg VG hopefully it will work better for me

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
Uk
U need to check for mouth to lung vapes...
Meaning it's to use it like a cigarette first draw vapor in mouth and then inhale it...
This device that u show it's for direct to lung vaping meaning use it like inhaling straight...

The ones that are considered the best mtl atomizers are

The zlide from innokin
And the aspire nautilus gt or aspire Nautilus 2s

If u ask me I would say get a zlide cause it's very easy to fill and nice durable coils...

Like zlide tube kit if u search u can find...there are either kits that have larger batteries but I guess the tube will be better for you to hold
Thank you I will look into these ones

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you I’ve ordered the 50/50 for now to see how I get on, with 6mg nic , I am going to look into another devise aswell the one I bought just seemed simple to me at the time, before I joined this group but have learnt so much from everyone already so I’ll be searching new devices.

You will get a Ton of Recommendations about possible New Devices.

One thing I would Highly Recommend is whatever Device you consider, make sure that it is a VW (Variable Wattage) Device.

VW lets you adjust the Amount of Power the Device is Outputting. Think of it like a Dimer Switch on a Light. Or the Volume Knob on your Stereo.

Being able to Adjust the Wattages lets you Fine Tune the Hit you get. So if the Hit feels too Strong, you can move the Wattage Down. Or if the Hit feels weak, you can Crank the Wattage Up.

If you Can't change the Output Wattage, then the Only Way to Change the Hit is to Buy a Different Coil-Head to go into the Atomizer. Than can be Hit or Miss in that it is just Trial and Error.

Here is an Example of a VW Device with a Drop-In Coil Atomizer...

Innokin Kroma-A Zenith Starter Kit

I don't have one of them. But I have read Good Things about them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have ordered one that is 6mg nic and 50/50 Pg VG hopefully it will work better for me
Stepping down to 6mg sounds like a good idea as a next step. Pretty much everyone has to make adjustments when they switch from smoking to vaping. That process could take months until a time you get yourself dialed in. Only caution to you is try to not get overwhelmed with it all. Take everything one step at a time (for example, finding the best nic level for yourself). Lots of nice people here on ECF but it can be info overload at times. Focus on your nic level for now.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
Is this the one ?
Yeah, that's the one. Doesn't mean you have to buy it, I just used it as an example. It's not big, it's simple to use and it's not pricey. For example, I first bought my Zlide Tube because I liked how it looks and has big tank :)
My friend just told me she bought Aspire Pod AVP Cube (her first vape :thumbs:) so tomorrow after I meet her I can tell you what I think about it, if you're interested.

From what I've seen Blu goes heavily for their simplicity, but the examples I used are no more complicated. The only difference is how you change things when they burn out (whole head with blu as opposed to just coil in these stick mods; you just can't put them back together wrong).

So if you're gonna buy something different, just google vape begginer kit, see wich one you like, then read about it and watch a review. If you still like it-buy it :) Or I think I saw the site you bought your juice from has a section for beginner kits.

Start simple, figure out your juice and nic preference, then when you get used to it all, if you feel like it, you can start looking into watts and ohms and a myriad of coils and so on We'll be herr to help :)

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
@zoiDman that's just the opposite of what I would suggest. When I started I was terrified of VW, I just didn't want to do anything with that:oops: just try out coils, remember which one to buy, put new one in and vape and stay the hell away from watts. Tho some kits have very smal adjustable range, so maybe she could try one...

It's not really anything fancy....the coils write what wattage u can vape them and u adjust to it simply cause they are made easy for everyone...

It just that ok some people like you and melly also,seem to get a bit stressed and overwhelmed sooo it's ok to start with a tube...
after all those atomizers can be paired with another battery in future if u want to go more into that....
Also the price is usually cheaper in simple one button batteries or mods like we call them...while variable wattage tend to be just a little more expensive up to a lot more expensive

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
Uk
I think I’m going to test out some e liquids to start with see what one is best for me and not making me feel nauseous and dizzy, then hopefully our shops will open soon and I can pop into a vape shop and see what best device is for me. Otherwise I’ll be searching the internet getting stressed with all the information. It as a lot to take in. I’m understanding more about the e-liquids now so hopefully I can find one that is best for me

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
@Superuser187 yeah I know that now, but back when I started it was just too confusing for me:oops: it probably depends on how confidently you start, I was very skittish at first. I've seen the mods my friends had and the million things you could change and adjust and I was just like Nope, leave me out of this:D I tried to eliminate as much variables as I could so I could focus on one thing at a time. It worked for me :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Don't know about the UK,last time i was there it was years ago before the whole vaping scene but here in Spain you can get e-liquid in a lot of place besides a vape store or just buying it online.

From what I have read, you can buy vape juice in just about any type of general merchandise store in the UK. In fact I've read that pound shops (dollar stores) even sell it. There's a very popular cheap brand sold in UK pound shops (but I forget the name of it).

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
    I think I’m going to test out some e liquids to start with see what one is best for me and not making me feel nauseous and dizzy, then hopefully our shops will open soon and I can pop into a vape shop and see what best device is for me. Otherwise I’ll be searching the internet getting stressed with all the information. It as a lot to take in. I’m understanding more about the e-liquids now so hopefully I can find one that is best for me

Stick to the advice you came here to ask and disregard everything else, we got off topic anyway. Sorry :)
    Just take it one step at the time and don't worry about anything else. When you figured out your juice you can then take it from there.
    It's a lot of info, I know, ignore what you don't want to think about right now, there is time for everything :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    @zoiDman that's just the opposite of what I would suggest. When I started I was terrified of VW, I just didn't want to do anything with that:oops: just try out coils, remember which one to buy, put new one in and vape and stay the hell away from watts. Tho some kits have very smal adjustable range, so maybe she could try one...

Lost of Factors go into what makes a Hit Taste the way it Does. But, to Me, the Overwhelming Factor is the Wattage that a Coil Gets.

I can take a Build that tastes Terrible on a Mech or an Unregulated Mod and move it to a VW Device then Tune the Wattage so it Tastes Fine.

The Same with e-Liquids/Flavors. Some seem to Benefit from Lower Wattages. Some Not so much. And Some Taste Better at Higher Wattage for the Same Coil.

Trying different Coil Heads is Fine. But what happens when you Try all the Offering for a Given Tank and you're Not Happy with any of them? About all you can do is Toss the Tank (or the Entire AIO) and start over with someone else. That can be Pretty Frustrating when someone is in the Throws of Cigarette withdrawal. And when B&M's are Shut Down due to COVID.

If a Non-Regulated device is what you felt must comfortable when you started, then that's Cool. And if it Worked for You, that is All that Matters.

:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Sounds like a Plan!

And Don't feel too Stressed about things. There is a Lot of Information when you start Researching things. But you Don't have to do it all in One Day. Or One Week. Or One Month for that Matter.

Just Keep Plugging Along. And You'll get to where you Want to Be.

And be sure to Drink a little more Water then you Normally do.

Flon

Jan 12, 2021
    @zoiDman I see your point. I was just speaking from my experience, to me watts are the least important. For now. I just don't feel like messing around and guessing and trying what works. I'm trying to get used to it tho.
    Ot worked for me in the beginning, it might work for her or it might not. Luckily there is so much mods to choose frome that anyone can find a favourite :)

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
    Uk
    From what I have read, you can buy vape juice in just about any type of general merchandise store in the UK. In fact I've read that pound shops (dollar stores) even sell it. There's a very popular cheap brand sold in UK pound shops (but I forget the name of it).
    Yes they sell it in garages and some shops not a lot of shops open at the moment only really supermarkets and garages as we are in lockdown again and have closed all our non essential shops .I went to Tesco’s earlier and they sold a couple of brands but the ones they sell don’t have the VG PG percentage on same as the blu ones I’ve been buying. And the lowest nic level they sold was 9mg. Not sure if that’s standard in our shops but that seem to be the case except in vape shops which are not open at the moment as they have classed them as non essential and closed them all. So I googled my nearest vape shop which is Liberty flights and ordered if there website.

Reactions: Javichu

Melly12313

Jan 13, 2021
    Uk
    Sounds like a Plan!

And Don't feel too Stressed about things. There is a Lot of Information when you start Researching things. But you Don't have to do it all in One Day. Or One Week. Or One Month for that Matter.

Just Keep Plugging Along. And You'll get to where you Want to Be.

And be sure to Drink a little more Water then you Normally do.
    This is one thing I struggle with I don’t drink a lot of anything need to try and drink more water

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    We are vape nerds and we try help someone make the right purchase and maybe skip some steps or avoid mistakes.....but ok we throw information and u guys can grab what u want from this...
    It's ok ...that's why I tried go slow and say use this tube cause actually i had the same thing in my my mind like zoiDman..
    And ofc doesn't mean u just do what we say but people here give the info that will get you to the right track...

The choice is always yours...we should go slower tho cause it's not long time I vape and I remember how hard it was for me reading all that info...litterally sleeping and thinking thinking of vaping and having headaches cause of all that info...
    Nobody push me tho I was thirsty to learn everything hahahah

Reactions: zoiDman

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    This is one thing I struggle with I don’t drink a lot of anything need to try and drink more water

Even if you weren't a vaper drinking water is always good,does wonder for your skin.

I...hmm read it once when in the doctor's office,it was the only magazine there,i swear...i had to read something to pass the time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Winner
    Reactions: Aliraonz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread