First Twisted 28g RM2 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Hi there Reoville,

I tried my hand at a new build today and thought I would post some pics to get a little feedback. I'm always looking to improve my vape game, so any pointers would be awesome.

Anyway, this was my first time attempting to twist 28g Kanthal and I think it turned out pretty good. I did 7 wraps on a 5/64th drill bit, ohms out a .78. The flavor is insane, which I'm really surprised at because all my builds on the RM2 have tasted amazing. Hard to improve on perfection, but I think I did it justice. :)

11015228_933778183307812_1263977886_n.jpg 11004916_933778553307775_1925973427_n.jpg

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Very nice coil - good job.

Couple of things come to mind...

* Maybe try to position the coil closer to the edge of the deck - as close as possible without shorting out on the cap. Also try to make the coil perpendicular to the air hole. There are some who would point out that this would make for a slightly longer leg to one post, but I find that not to be an issue, whereas precision coil placement has a huge effect.

* Go ahead, try 1-2 less wraps. You know you wanna. You'll find the heat up/cool down times better and the vape will be even more intense (you are using some good batteries rated for 20A or more, yes?).

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks Guys,

I bent up the leads so that's all taken care of, and retightened the post screws. I always have trouble clipping that negative lead so I'll have to remember to bend it up in the future.

Papa, I usually do pull out the coil a little closer to the edge. I think I was thrown off at how much bigger this coil is than my usual 28g microcoil and that caused my placement to be slightly off. The twisted is so much easier to work with though. I may have to do 5 or 6 wraps next time, you're right, I do want to. :D

I'm using Samsung 25R's right now.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Here's my first attempt at twisted wire. It's 28ga Kanthal twisted via danny's pen trick. 4 wraps on a 7/64" drill bit and came in at .5ohms. Very easy to get 3mm Readyxwick in there. I'm going to sleep now, so I'll take some rips off of it tomorrow and report back with my opinions. Goodnight, REOville.

20150221_235547.jpg

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Looks great, Meagan. I love twisted too! Very intense flavor. One thing I notice is the coils don't seem to last quite as long as untwisted, but that's minor. It's fun to make it.

Thanks Mia, I am really digging this build! So much so I won't even mention the amount of juice I've burned through since starting this thread a few hours ago. This could be dangerous.

Thanks Sirius for inspiring me to give this a go. I don't even mind you posting your fancy duel coils on my amateur thread....showoff ;) Haha, as we say in Mass, those coils look Wicked Sweet.

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks Mia, I am really digging this build! So much so I won't even mention the amount of juice I've burned through since starting this thread a few hours ago. This could be dangerous.

Thanks Sirius for inspiring me to give this a go. I don't even mind you posting your fancy duel coils on my amateur thread....showoff ;) Haha, as we say in Mass, those coils look Wicked Sweet.

Tip; Cut a length of 26 or 28 gauge kanthal....twist to straighten the wire out..Then fold it for a dual coil and twist. You will have much tighter twists.

I'll look for a video on straightening kanthal for ya. ;)

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Can you tell me what "Danny's pen trick is? For a twist, I am thinking of folding the wire over one time, attach it to a fixed pole and use a slow electric drill to do the twist, twisting until the wires just start to twist over a second time, then stop. Does this sound right?

Here's my first attempt at twisted wire. It's 28ga Kanthal twisted via danny's pen trick. 4 wraps on a 7/64" drill bit and came in at .5ohms. Very easy to get 3mm Readyxwick in there. I'm going to sleep now, so I'll take some rips off of it tomorrow and report back with my opinions. Goodnight, REOville.

View attachment 414437

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread