• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fish are Pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi!

I just joined this group and wanted to say "Hello"

Here is a video of my guppies with a cameo appearance by my dog!

I have removed the bubble wall and added a few more females since this video was taken. I am expecting two more batches of babies any day now.

YouTube - Guppies and Babies

~A

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Waaaay back, I got started in aquaria by a friend who was breeding veil-tail Angels. Did the usual 10-gallon thing (bad way to start), and moved up from there. At one time, I had a 55, 2 29s, and 2 10s. Had all 5 going only a few times, when I needed a hospital tank, and I had a Beta that couldn't live in the 55. I eventually scaled back to just running the 55. I had, over time, a pleco that grew to 13", corydoras, tiger botias, loaches, gouramis, danios, tiger barbs, bloodfin tetras, and of course a few really spectacular veil-tail angels.

Housing issues and economics had me tankless for quite a while, and I've only been back into it for a bit over a year. I have a 20 High now, with corydoras, bloodfin tetras, white cloud mountain minnows, 1 siamese algae eater, a clown pleco, and a snail. Oddly, the clown pleco doesn't seem to do much on the algae. My 55 with the generic pleco always had clean glass.

I'd love to do a marine tank. No room in this little apartment for it. I'd move from my 20 to a 46 bowfront before I'd get into a marine system.

At one time, I was looking at trying brackish.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was at the pet store today and fell in love with and brought home a trio of black lyre-tail mollies. When I got home and put them in the tank, I noticed that I now had about two dozen more guppies than I had when I left the house (albeit very tiny ones) :) And not from the female that I thought was going to have them. My turquoise female is extremely pregnant. I bet she'll have at least fifty babies.

I'll make another video sometime soon. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to buy a bigger tank. My husband is going to have a fit! I was going to comment to Vapor Dwarf, that goldfish may be easy to take care of, but they grow so big, you're constantly upgrading your tank. With livebearers, I may have a similar problem. Now I know what they mean when they say they breed like guppies!!

~A

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
oh god.. no.. no tanking.. my wife would kill me, and I don't have room for what I'd want, I had a 125 gallon show tank (tall and thin) I started with cichlids, then went into gouramis for a while, then did sharks and japanese fighting fish. I tried all the little fish for a while, but they seem to get lost in that tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread