The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fish are Pets!

Discussion in 'Pet Lovers' started by angelique510, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi!

I just joined this group and wanted to say "Hello"

Here is a video of my guppies with a cameo appearance by my dog!

I have removed the bubble wall and added a few more females since this video was taken. I am expecting two more batches of babies any day now.

YouTube - Guppies and Babies

~A

2. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2010
    Northern Michigan USA
    I love fish. I used to have cichlids that I raised and sold to the local pet store, but alas they went out of business.

3. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    We were into them big time after we got married---of course we lived in an apartment and pet selections was limited.
    I'd eventually like to get more---they are great to watch.

4. vapour Dwarf

vapour Dwarf Full Member

Jul 2, 2010
    u.k.
    Hello to everybody i've just joined this group

loved the video by angelique510 there is something so relaxing about watching fish i only have a couple of goldfish as they are easier to look after than tropical, but tropical fish are alot more interesting.

5. UntamedRose

UntamedRose PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Oh do we have any Reefers here!?

6. Whistle_Pig

Whistle_Pig Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2010
    Littleton, CO, U.S.
    Waaaay back, I got started in aquaria by a friend who was breeding veil-tail Angels. Did the usual 10-gallon thing (bad way to start), and moved up from there. At one time, I had a 55, 2 29s, and 2 10s. Had all 5 going only a few times, when I needed a hospital tank, and I had a Beta that couldn't live in the 55. I eventually scaled back to just running the 55. I had, over time, a pleco that grew to 13", corydoras, tiger botias, loaches, gouramis, danios, tiger barbs, bloodfin tetras, and of course a few really spectacular veil-tail angels.

Housing issues and economics had me tankless for quite a while, and I've only been back into it for a bit over a year. I have a 20 High now, with corydoras, bloodfin tetras, white cloud mountain minnows, 1 siamese algae eater, a clown pleco, and a snail. Oddly, the clown pleco doesn't seem to do much on the algae. My 55 with the generic pleco always had clean glass.

I'd love to do a marine tank. No room in this little apartment for it. I'd move from my 20 to a 46 bowfront before I'd get into a marine system.

At one time, I was looking at trying brackish.

7. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was at the pet store today and fell in love with and brought home a trio of black lyre-tail mollies. When I got home and put them in the tank, I noticed that I now had about two dozen more guppies than I had when I left the house (albeit very tiny ones) :) And not from the female that I thought was going to have them. My turquoise female is extremely pregnant. I bet she'll have at least fifty babies.

I'll make another video sometime soon. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to buy a bigger tank. My husband is going to have a fit! I was going to comment to Vapor Dwarf, that goldfish may be easy to take care of, but they grow so big, you're constantly upgrading your tank. With livebearers, I may have a similar problem. Now I know what they mean when they say they breed like guppies!!

~A

8. mrjaguar

mrjaguar Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    simi valley, ca
    oh god.. no.. no tanking.. my wife would kill me, and I don't have room for what I'd want, I had a 125 gallon show tank (tall and thin) I started with cichlids, then went into gouramis for a while, then did sharks and japanese fighting fish. I tried all the little fish for a while, but they seem to get lost in that tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.