Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Yeah the honeymoon period is starting to wind down with this little Origen. I still use it daily in place of the Recurve ( I love the throat hit this little guy gives), but the slight whistle is getting to me. Have the same coil in as you atm. I don't remember it whistling that much with the dual coil in. I'll try that again and see how it goes.
I noticed that the dual coil setup on the Little doesn't whistle at all. My first single coil attempt whistled badly

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think the NarEA is better than the NarDA with flavor (as good as, for certain). Zero whistle. They've redesigned the deck since the NarDA. Coil install is easier. If you recall you had to do some coil leg manipulation to get the coil installed parallel to the AF holes. I enjoyed the challenge. Many installed it diagonally as that was easier. Installing it parallel brought great flavor.

The NarEA is pretty much idiot proof especially with squonking (and dripping). ;)

Yes ^^^^^^. The whistle irritated me at first. I messed around with coil position and was able to "kind of" eliminate the whistle and still get a good flavorful vape. The NarDA is still a great lil flavor banger (whistle wart and all). :D

Ever since I Started using an rda, I always believed that there was a Perfect RDA out there for the Hit I wanted. And if I just tried enough, I would Find It.

The NarDa was/is that RDA.

I do a Single Tail with a Slight Diagonal on the Coil. I have a couple of NarDa's. One of them was on the Threshold of wanting to Whistle. A Slight Chamfering on the Air Inlet holes cured it.

I might try the NarEA. I haven't bought an RDA in awhile. I have Another FT Order I'm putting together for November. So I might just Pop it in the Cart.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I noticed that the dual coil setup on the Little doesn't whistle at all. My first single coil attempt whistled badly
I still have the single in. It still has a very slight whistle at the start and the end of the pull. It only does that when I pull softly. On a medium or hard pull its quiet.
It got better when I lifted the coil high...its level with the top of the posts now. I shamfered both holes, but that didn't make any difference.
But yeah, i'll sit down and build a double when I get the guts to do that. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The KRMA is a very nice flavor banger. It's an AVS 26/30 316L 3mm ID coil at 0.45Ω. :)
IMG_1282cr.jpg

Next I'll pop in a 4mm ID coil as there certainly is room for it.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I still have the single in. It still has a very slight whistle at the start and the end of the pull. It only does that when I pull softly. On a medium or hard pull its quiet.
It got better when I lifted the coil high...its level with the top of the posts now. I shamfered both holes, but that didn't make any difference.
But yeah, i'll sit down and build a double when I get the guts to do that. :D
My 2nd Little arrived today so I can experiment a bit more now. Is it Electrodave who says...its ok I'm a scientist?

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
i found 4mm coils useless for single coils, i rater 3 or 3.5" max,
better ramp-up time, when using 4mm ones i always get dry hits, muted flavor and also battery life seems to be more affected, i put special attention to it since my squonk uses only 1 battery, so for single coils i stick with simple fused claptons and 3core ones! nice for flavor, clpuds and mostly battery life without compromising your battery life

Regards,

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
better ramp-up time, when using 4mm ones i always get dry hits, muted flavor and also battery life seems to be more affected, i put special attention to it since my squonk uses only 1 battery, so for single coils i stick with simple fused claptons and 3core ones! nice for flavor, clpuds and mostly battery life without compromising your battery life

Regards,
I think it really depends on the RDA and how one uses it. I have been running a 4mm parallel triple core fused clapton build in my B2K, and it has been quite nice. I don't get unexpected dry hits or anything (I only use rayon if that matters). I have been running it on a dual battery mech (parallel), but use over 2 squonk bottles full before swapping batteries. Overall, it's been a wonderful experience for me.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The KRMA is a very nice flavor banger. It's an AVS 26/30 316L 3mm ID coil at 0.45Ω. :)
View attachment 848893
The KRMA is one I keep going back to. It is just a solid RDA that works, and works well. It has taken a permanent place in my rotation for sure.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Regards,
I run 4mm single flat wire builds in my B2Ks and they work quite nicely under TC on a single cell DNA 75. Flat wire heats up much quicker than fused claptons do and covers the same surface area.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I run 4mm single flat wire builds in my B2Ks and they work quite nicely under TC on a single cell DNA 75. Flat wire heats up much quicker than fused claptons do and covers the same surface area.
Since I discovered flat wire, I moved away from everything clapton. It gives the same flavor, but without the slow ramp up times. Much less bulky to.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Flat wire heats up much quicker than fused claptons do and covers the same surface area

Since I discovered flat wire, I moved away from everything clapton. It gives the same flavor, but without the slow ramp up times. Much less bulky to.

Yep - couldn't agree more. I use 28ga because I hate slow ramp up - yet 0.68mm*0.27mm flat wire heats up nearly as fast :thumb:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Can you recommend a brand/guage/material? I use nichrome and SS mainly for other types of wires

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    View attachment 849225 These are the ones I use currently. There are many more sizes and materials available. I see Fasttech also do them. Best is to use Steam Engine to calculate your preference.
    I just ordered a roll of KA1, SS316L and Ni8o. Not sure if they are the right gauges but I'll see what arrives. I wish they had an Ohms/ft rating - that'd tell me what I need to know. Oh well, the slow boat from FT sets sail yet again.o_O

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I just ordered a roll of KA1, SS316L and Ni8o. Not sure if they are the right gauges but I'll see what arrives. I wish they had an Ohms/ft rating - that'd tell me what I need to know. Oh well, the slow boat from FT sets sail yet again.o_O
    Zivipf has Flatwire with AWG equivalents and resistance per foot specs.

Awesome retailer with inexpensive shipping.
    Flat Wire / Ribbon

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I just ordered a roll of KA1, SS316L and Ni8o. Not sure if they are the right gauges but I'll see what arrives. I wish they had an Ohms/ft rating - that'd tell me what I need to know.
    Yeah flat wire is a bit different, but SteamEngine has that covered ;)
    Just select ribbon instead of round wire and fill in the wire sizes etc. That'll give you the wraps and resistance you aim for.
    20191103_083759.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Yeah flat wire is a bit different, but SteamEngine has that covered ;)
    Just select ribbon instead of round wire and fill in the wire sizes etc. That'll give you the wraps and resistance you aim for.
    View attachment 849341
    I've only recently saw that feature on Steam-Engine and have been using the site for years. I pay no mind to the resistance of coils as I mostly use regulated devices. I just build for what fits in respect to the airflow.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Build decks on the NarEA (left) and NarDA (right, with an x-wick). Both are very serious flavor bangers. The NarEA is rocking a LV 26/36 316L 3mm ID clapton at 0.5Ω and the NarDA has a 26g Kanthal coil.
    IMG_1286cr.jpg

The Nar people, sounds like aliens, have completely redesigned the deck on the NarEA versus the NarDA or NarCA. And you can see in the pic that the NarEA is a few MM shorter than the DA. The NarEA rocks. :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The Atmizoo Creek sits at, or very near, the top of my favorite flavor bangers. The AF was designed to come up under the coil (and very nicely too). Atmizoo designed it for an airy MTL to a wide open DL. They also sell a proper MTL kit (w/chamber reducer). Out of the box it's setup for a restricted DL to an airy MTL. In the box they include an easy to swap DL positive post and a bunch of spare parts. It has a cavernous 1.2ml juice well (depends on wicking). It's setup to squonk out of the box and they do include a blind pin.

Creek (matte) on a VapeAMP squonker...
    IMG_1109cr.jpg

Creek (ice matte) on a Luna...
    IMG_1081cr.jpg

Atmizoo has a very nice write-up on the AF design of the Creek (see features): You are being redirected...

Deck photo...
    Creek_1cr.jpg

IMO it comes in the best packaging (as do all their products). They include a manual with blow-apart shots listing each part. They even offer setup tips (like we need that with an RDA, but cool). They sell a couple optional caps, bits & bobs and every spare part.
    IMG_0618cr.jpg

Our very own @qorax did an awesome YT video on the Creek. :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread