Flavour Banger Single Coil BF RDAs/RDTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Haven't used that atty in ages, but I think I was offsetting the airholes and making sure the wicks were tucked in such a way to allow proper airflow over the coil.
Yeah that's exactly what I did. The arrows on the pic is where I place the air holes. Works wonderfully. I can't see a better way to coil this Origen for sure.
Thanks @puffon for bringing it up and @Sloth Tonight for your ingenious idea man. So simple...I should've though of it myself :thumbs:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I opened up some space on the cotton for the air to flow...
20191028_164800.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah that's exactly what I did. The arrows on the pic is where I place the air holes. Works wonderfully. I can't see a better way to coil this Origen for sure.
Thanks @puffon for bringing it up and @Sloth Tonight for your ingenious idea man. So simple...I should've though of it myself :thumbs:
Would love to take credit, but it's not my idea either. It was the way people I knew were coiling it :)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
View attachment 847857
That's so interesting! Almost counterintuitive with the bulk of the single coil tucked away behind the posts but this angled airflow looks good to me. According to Aus post I should get my first one either tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't friggin wait :rickroll:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Almost counterintuitive with the bulk of the single coil tucked away behind the posts but this angled airflow looks good to me. According to Aus post I should get my first one either tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't friggin wait :rickroll:
Exactly. Honestly I was a bit abrehensive... silently anticipated overheat and/or airflow issues, but true to form, this little nugget just soldiers on...no matter what is thrown at it :D
Yeah i'm exited with you mate. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Ah and remember...photos don't lie :thumbs:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Exactly. Honestly I was a bit abrehensive... silently anticipated overheat and/or airflow issues, but true to form, this little nugget just soldiers on...no matter what is thrown at it :D
Yeah i'm exited with you mate. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Ah and remember...photos don't lie :thumbs:
I'm even more excited that you're excited. The postie better be on time or I might run down the street yelling out " Postie, Postie, where the hell art thou postie?"

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
View attachment 847857

This looks perfect.

I go a step further and push the tails closer to the posts to open it up even more. So in the pic, I would nudge the left tail down until touching the bottom post, and the right tail up to contact the upper post. Just the way i have always done it for maximum airflow underneath the coil.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I go a step further and push the tails closer to the posts to open it up even more. So in the pic, I would nudge the left tail down until touching the bottom post, and the right tail up to contact the upper post.
Yeah you're right. The more it opens, the better it goes. It had I slight whistle, but that went away when I opened it up more.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I always end up back with the Soul S by Van and Del. I always get the vape I want from it, not really sure why I prefer it over the others. I generally don't find huge differences between largely similar atties, tho, if they're well made and well designed. I love threads like this, though, as they give me new ideas of atties that I might want to buy, if I ever get back into acquisition mode. Right now I am in maintenance mode.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Gees, I again forgot to add the pic.
View attachment 848199
Apologies for duplicating posts - most of this is also on Picture of your setup part 3 thread.
So the Origen Little clone arrived and I started off trying to copy the build in your last photo Fred.

20191029_140931.jpg
I can see there's probably too much wick there but even so the airflow felt wrong and the atty was getting hot. So I tried re- re - thinking it as a mini Goon and here's the build I'm vaping now and it's going pretty well. Dual coil 26g KA1 2.5mm 6 wrap. About 3.6 ohms.
20191029_212521.jpg

20191029_212925.jpg

I'm going to try your single coil build again once the dust has settled.
And how tiny is this atty? Photos don't show it but here's one with the Flav for attempted perspective.
20191029_132919.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah you're right. The more it opens, the better it goes. It had I slight whistle, but that went away when I opened it up more.
I chamfered the holes in the AFC ring on mine to reduce some of the whistle (I detest attys that whistle with a passion), coil height and placement is the key on the Little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread