Flavourings expiration date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I went to a vape shop near me and got a cherry flavouring the brand is supposed to be from my country and it's called atmoslab not that anyone would know just saying and anyway they show the manufacturing date and they say it expires 24months after that sooooo that means it expired in May of 2020 lol

I will get it back to them for sure to replace it but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if those flavourings really expire?
I mean probably they may last more than that? Anyone ever had experience with one that was expired???

The flavour sucked and I was wondering "I don't like cherry?" Or is just this juices is bad??? Never had cherry before :D

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Ok I got the message :p
    Though, I remember getting some expired Totally Wicked tobacco from a bargain bin somewhere and it was okay. Not my particular flavor or strength. But, since they were only a couple of bucks, I didn't feel the need to commit.

I suppose it can go either way. o_O

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Did it taste like cough syrup??....if so that's fairly normal...even when fresh!!

Yeap it does but there is also a strong smell and taste when u exhale that smells like roses...it's like chewing roses or something and hard to explain....I used 2% and manufacturer suggests 4-6%
    Maybe it's just not for me and it's not that its expired...but man the flavour can't get rid of it it's like i vaped it undeluted or something..
    I was thinking of testing to make some more with like 0.5% but then I thought I should take it back to the vape shop to show him cause he shouldn't sell expired flavours I guess even if it's fine....
    Also I paid 6.5euros for a 10ml it's not I was cheaping out or it was discount hahahahaha anyways

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    Tobaccos often taste better to me a year or two after they have expired ! I've had mixed results with fruit flavourings, some are fine after 3-4 years and some seem to lose all the flavour after a couple of years. I have Pipesauce pre-made liquids that are well over 5 years out of date and taste fine. Maybe a little weaker but still perfectly vapable..
    I'm fairly sure the use-by dates are pretty arbitary and based on an average life expectancy, not real-world testing.
    Needless to say i would be annoyed if i bought any flavouring or liquid that was 'out of date' (unless it was advertised as so and massively discounted). You could probably sue them if you could be bothered o_O

Tortus

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2015
    I came here to ask if it's safe to use them after they expire.

I just made some mint chocolate (5% of each flavor) and I've had them for years. No idea how long but I'd say at least 4. I don't see an expiration date on either bottle but I'm sure they would be past it by now.

Used them out of desperation since I ran out of my TFA double chocolate clear. Am I gonna die? It does taste good though.

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I came here to ask if it's safe to use them after they expire.

I just made some mint chocolate (5% of each flavor) and I've had them for years. No idea how long but I'd say at least 4. I don't see an expiration date on either bottle but I'm sure they would be past it by now.

Used them out of desperation since I ran out of my TFA double chocolate clear. Am I gonna die? It does taste good though.
    The general concensus is that won't be as potient. If it tastes off, you'll know right away and want to replace it.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    The smell and taste are fine, so I guess I'll go with it until my usual comes in next week.
    Yeah. I have a couple of older flavors that seem to have seperated and settled to the bottom. So, I'll be replacing them if I need to use them again. One was the FA Cocoa.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    I've bought from online shops going out of business synthetic derived flavorings that have expired and still after 2 years there still good with no flavor shifts. I would not be so sure of natural derived flavorings though. So as long as there synthetic don't worry BUT if there naturally extracted flavorings I wouldn't use those. 90% of flavorings used for vaping are synthetic so I don't think theirs anything to worry about just read the ingredient label.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Yeah. I have a couple of older flavors that seem to have seperated and settled to the bottom. So, I'll be replacing them if I need to use them again. One was the FA Cocoa.

I have noticed that the large gallon sizes of flavors from Capella and TPA say "shake well before using." Separation might not necessarily be a bad thing. I assume that they leave the "shake" label off the smaller sizes because they will be used up sooner that a gallon would.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have noticed that the large gallon sizes of flavors from Capella and TPA say "shake well before using." Separation might not necessarily be a bad thing. I assume that they leave the "shake" label off the smaller sizes because they will be used up sooner that a gallon would.
    Yeah. I'm sure a little separation wouldn't hurt anything. But, my cocoa is on the older side and shaking didn't really do much :(

IMG_1951.JPG

• Informative
    Reactions: SlowTalker

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have found, that if you warm the bottle up a bit, then shake it you can get them re-mixed a bit easier. I have always wanted one of those miniature paint shakers, for this but never did get one.

Good idea Kas. Maybe that, and go in there with a chopstick and smash it up. The only reason I bought the cocoa was to fake a clone of BWB Casablanca. It was a fail, though, I'm willing to try again.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Yeah. I'm sure a little separation wouldn't hurt anything. But, my cocoa is on the older side and shaking didn't really do much :(

View attachment 952461
    I ordered cocoa from Wiz labs and it came to me like that (goop in the bottom) then a few months later ordered FA Cocoa from someplace else and it had the same problem. I still haven't tried cocoa flavoring...

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread